Tree of Savior Forum

Dragoon - Pre Rank 9 DPS

Man I love you for using the same tune that I did xD
I challenge you to a full clear of 290 dungeon now :stuck_out_tongue:

Rank reset soon, it’s ok. Patpat

:satisfaction:

1 Like

The moment i saw no dragon soar & stabbing in ur skillset + ur execution of skills

Heck, u didn’t even put umbo & rim blow in.

uh… that takes way too long. I am not into this masochism

Up to circle2, it did seem like Dragoon was a debuff focused class, which makes it a bit weird that circle3 gives no new debuffs or any improvements to their current ones through new attributes or the helmet.

I guess imc wanted to focus on Dragoons damage potential, since circle3 only gives more damage. I’m not sure exactly how well the circle1-circle2 skills perform with the helmet, but it’s funny if Dragoon Fall will just become your main damage source, kind of like Dethrone in the past.

Shame there’s nothing mentioned about any Hoplite/Cataphract changes. As it is now, I only have HighlanderGoon to try at rank9.

Stabbing sucks, Pierce out-damages it be miles, we get 4 hits on bosses and Spear Lunge increases it’s damage by 70%. Not sure what game you are playing, but in my version bosses usually don’t wait around for 10 seconds. Dragon Soar is bugged and I refuse to use it before we get the double hits attribute with the rank 9. As for Umbo/Rim blow, I’d rather idle for 5 seconds than spend my mana on that crap, not to mention my raiding days are long over - I do not care about maximizing my DPS, or rather, can’t be bothered to use more than 6 keys for my rotation.

It has nothing to do with masochism, but we are comparing viability and Murmillo tends to stuck for everything but farming bosses. I’d like to see your clear speed with decent gear.

Why are you challenging a bossing DPS character to a dungeon solo run contest? What are you trying to prove? Nobi-murm is built to take down world bosses, and happens to be really good at ET DPS floors as well (which Dragoon performs poorly at both, I hope that Dragonfall will improve ET performance somehow)

How long a nobi-murm/dragoon clears a dungeon solo says nothing about its viability. If you’re into that then get a farming build instead

2 Likes

I can guarantee you it will clear faster than dragoon and thats not true about being only good at bossing. Challenge accepted I will post a video soon

They have great aoe damage in a team setting.

Update:

Alright you win this one, it took me 14mins to solo it.

2 Likes

Murmnobi can definitely clear dungeon faster than dragoon right now because of the high skill factor and aoe, but dragoon3 is looking like the fastest dungeon clearing melee class from what I’ve seen at the very least.

Man, fix your skill point allocation. You’re missing a lot by not putting at least one point in skills such as Gae Bulg, Dragon Soar, Synchro Thrusting and Umbo Blow.

LMAO
You have a +10 Stage 5 Wingshard Spear and an Emengard Shield. The only thing that’s better than that is having Solmiki Spear+Shield.

Your character must be very annoying in PvP due to your deffensive stats, but you’re only going to get mocked if you bring it to a DPS discussion. I think Sword1Pelt3Hop2Goon2 can deal more damage thanks to Pelt3 Umbo Thrust’s Armor Break while also being even more tankier than your build, while Sword1Pelt2Hop2Rodel1Goon2 is better in PvP thanks to its interrupting skills (specially against Clerics when they try to ress their teammates under Safety Zone protection.

Here’s how I’d use my skill points if I played with your build. Give it a try and you’ll see your DPS will improve!
https://tos.neet.tv/skill-planner#1133444ff.354555.163a4965.2f3f416579.1a29354155

1 Like

I’m on mostly full Con now because I got high p attack already and I do tbl but like the other guy said go full str if you’re a pve murmnobi. I enjoy having 116k base hp and 145k on swash.

BTW, ITT: Dragoon player thinks he’s viable. Be true to yourself and be the serpentine slut of your murm overlord.

2 Likes

Well Murmillos are better than dragoon, that’s a fact.
But I guess the thing that OP is trying to say is that dragoon can be viable, not that its better than murm, wich it isn’t.

Btw, with dragoon c3 they are going to be viable Imho because they are getting a flat 50% buff to their dmg plus the debuffs they offer for the party so for a a Party Scenario they are going to improve A LOT.
For bossing murms are still going to be better but that just they design with shinobi copying shooting star.

Lastly on pvp they are going to improve too because dragon fall seens to be able to one shot non full con classes and also ignore block.

My hopes is that dragoon will be an all around viable class, not the best in any department but not the complete meme garbage it is (or believed to be) now.

1 Like

Do your best Dragoon
:tired:

Edit: I forgot to show my gear, but im usign a +6 dunkel short spear and ibre gloves for armor

2 Likes

btw what music title is that? its easy listening , can become part of dragoon meme too

wake up~~ nung neng sdub neng nung wake up~ from dream~

I am “challenging” a bossing DPS character because my topic stated that Dragoons “aren’t that bad”. We are a decent all around class, we can clear Bosses and we can farm. I’ve been doing ET 35 for ages now and I had 0 complains about me being there, especially when I aoe pull the entire floor so that the rest of my team can afk for 4 min on 70% of the floors instead of clearing waves.

Almost took your seriously there for a second, buddy :stuck_out_tongue:
I have a question for you tho, did they fix the range on Umbo/Rim blow? I used to main as a Murmillo (not the Shinobi variant) and I remember that I couldn’t even hit certain bosses with those two skills.

@Pokart

Like I stated before, I can’t be bothered. I might relocate my skill points at Rank 9, but for now, they are staying like that. I mostly farm with this character, so I can’t be bothered to burn more mana pots for low performance skills. I understand how rotations work, almost every skill in this game has a better multiplier than my auto attack, hence I should use them.

My gear isn’t “anything special”, because I’m using a tanking setup, you can get +10 Stage 2 Wingshard Spear in a month or two if you delicate yourself to it and Emengard Shield brings almost nothing to the table, DPS vise at least. I mean, look at the @Resource, he is using +15 stage 10 Wingshard, which has almost double the attack of mine. I’m a casual scrub.

@menggo

“Dragoons get a lot of ■■■■ for their DPS lately, but honestly, it’s not that bad, not for the amount of survivability we have. With Pardoner buffs and 2nd circle in Peltasta I’m currently sitting at 9,6k PDEF, Around 4k MDEF and 1,200 block when blocking with my Shield. NOTE: My gear is nothing special.”

Hmmm can’t seem to find the word farming there. You only brought that up once the point about DPS you were originally trying to make using a Siaulai video was brought down. Nobody came up with the meta Murm Doppel and Fencer builds with the mindset to farm stuff. Other farming classes might not complete 290 solo in 10 minutes, but do they need to? I don’t know why you keep trying to make a point about farming and being “all-around”. That might be good for a game that lets you make only one character, but it’s not.

You know that anyone (and with better DPS at that) with a Pelt2 can “aoe pull the entire floor”?? I thought we were talking about the performance of Dragoon itself here. I think you forgot that most Murms have Pelt, or that a CCSage can CC mobs to eternity, or that a single Dark Sight can make everyone safe to AFK. One is faaaaar likelier to run with a CCSage or a Taoist than run with a Dragoon.

Since when can you “afk for 4 min on 70% of the floors” ??? So the 4th floor of every set makes up 70% of the entire earth tower?

Honestly. Dragoon (at least c2, though I don’t think c3 can save it) is a flawed class and needs rework. You sound like RMJ ignoring reality while trying to pass it off as a good class.

1 Like

I don’t think so

/20 characters

Seriously bro, save your praises for Dragoon maybe when rank 9 c3 comes out, we all know that Dragoon c2 is a lost cause already, it didn’t become meme grade for nothing. No amount of praise can bring it back up to where you want it to be.