Tree of Savior Forum

Doing it wrong, episode 12

I probably am.

I’m trying to create a ‘ye ole full support cleric’ and am struggling. Part of that is struggle is in the vague skill descriptions, and ive done my best by researching them here. The other struggle is that i am, of course, a nooblet.

This is what I’m looking at–

In case you’re scratching your head at that, im trying to maximize the number of heals and buffs i can bring to bear in any given pve encounter. Two sources of heals, two barriers, six buffs and res abilies… And no end game experience to know how the individual skills would ultimately pan out. Miko is kind of a question mark in there as well and i only vaguely know what those skills do.

I suspect i might be too heavy on healing, but other MMOs have scarred me into the mindset that more is better. I think there is enough panic buttons built into this build not to worry the Derpy c3 statue of circular invulnerability whose name escapes me atm. My other concern is spreading the points too thin to be effective since i dont push everything to 15.

Im sure im doing it wrong to a degree so school me on doing it less wrong :slight_smile:

I can say almost for certain that if you’re going c2 cleric you don’t need 9 points in safety zone, the c2 attribute that gives you up to 20 additional block count will usually be good enough since (in my experience) the skill usually runs out of time rather than reaches max block count.

If you are really attached to the skill, then put it as high as level 4 in your case so you can cap out cure instead for the extra hits which will help your damage output a lot when you’re alone. Alternatively if you don’t mind relying entirely on the block attribute, you can pick up level 3 deprotected zone to gain access to the attribute that shreds 50 armor. It won’t be the most helpful to you, but it’s a negligible sacrifice to squeeze out a little bit of extra damage when in a party with archers/swordsmen.

Some extra stuff you might want to think about.

1. You are gonna cap buffs so unless you are not ok with spending around 3k5 (cost to make a lv5 [daino] scroll) you need krivis.
  2. Cleric 3 is getting a “buff” with [guardian saint] (chance to share damage bumped from 50% to 100%) + an attribute to “reverse” the effect (you take damage for the target instead of the target takes damage for you)
  3. How are you going to get to the higher lvs without a “decent” way to kill? You still have to go through the leveling process.

Some build’s I’m working on that fit your line of thought.
Cleric3-x-x-x-Plague Doc2 (versions not ranked in any order)
v1. Deiv3 for generic utility + owls
v2. Krivis3 for damage (future lightning necklace that we don’t have yet)
v3. Krivis2-Deiv1 for a mix of v1 and v2
v4. Paladin3 because it is getting better at mitigating damage (and there is a lot of it at rank 8)

What noticable skills you get with this build is 32 sec of [fade], and [guardian saint].
[fade]
It is still good for both combat and exploration. If you go at least 1 Deiv circle you get amazing uptime on it (30 + 2 from [divine might] every 32 sec) with only the casting animation for downtime.
[guardian saint] lets you share damage with a “friend”. Why is this good? It softens damage you take. You combo this with plague doc’s [healing factor].

@DrSuccessful
I have safe zone at five points down here at level 43 and it seems comfortable enough, but my high level experience is lacking so I figured things would only get worse :stuck_out_tongue:

Will have to reconsider deprotect. It was almost worthless to me in the first iteration of my Cleric. Mobs never seemed to want to stay in it enough to justify the points.

@c2gaming
Ah, the nebulous buff cap that I often hear about but have never seen as a real number. As you say, something to consider, and Kirvis does have it’s own buff to crit. It also ultimately leads to the uncomfortable question as to what to give up in its place.

I originally bypassed GS based on the fact that it looked pretty meh, or at very least not worth the point expenditure… Along with the fact that if I’m taking that sort of damage, I’m doing it wrong and hurting the target I’m supposed to heal. /notsure?

Yeah, the DPS of this build is… paltry. So far I’ve been relying on tiles and Cure. Owls would come in later and melee isn’t horrible Aspersion and Blessing up. Divine Might would also come into play later.

But like I said me = nooblet. I’ll take any advice I can get :slight_smile:

This is the base GS. You take damage. The guy with GS takes damage for you (at 50% because of the attribute going to lv 10 instead of just 5). The new GS attribute switches that up (look here). I guess that means you take damage instead of the guy with GS if he gets hit.

This means you can baby sit 1 guy with GS for 60 sec or 15 hits while you stay in a relatively safe place. If you do have to take damage for the guy you have [healing factor] to keep you up. In fact you can use [fade] to “stay safe” since you won’t get targeted while it’s up.

I have a full support cleric2 priest3 diev3 for PVE focused content. If i could go back and redo it again i wouldn’t have taken priest 3 and possibly even priest 2. Again, for pve purposes.

Priest3-I find stone skin on my high spr character, isnt really that useful. Especially since you have better damage mitigation tools like safety zone, world tree, ausrine, and to a lesser extent, even fade. With all these tools, i feel like i wasted a rank on stoneskin.

Priest 2- this one i may have kept. Revive is useful for squishies and with Laima you get 100% if it doesn’t proc. But i would have to ponder this one a bit as 2 free ranks would be nice.

At least you have owls. My priest was a pardoner (cleric1-priest3-pardoner2-krivis1). It basically only has auto atk because lv5 [heal] and [cure] do jack sh*t for damage. I only really started to get some use out of it when my wug friend and I decided to go xtal mines by ourselves (wug poisons + debuff extension).

My do-over would remove priest completely. The priest support is all about picking up the slack of “stupid players”. Somebody has to be “stupid” and die for [resurrection] and [revive] to “do anything”. Somebody has to be “stupid” and get hit for [stone skin] to do something. Somebody had to be “cheap” to not buy [blessing], [sacrament], and/or [aspersion]. I could replace priest3 with cleric3-krivis and it would be way better.

if i have to make a full support cleric, its probably cleric2 diev3 priest2 oracle/pd. cleric 2 is obvious. diev 3 is super useful for any content. priest 2 for that sweet res and revive. oracle/pd for your team status immunity. grab con around 100 and the rest to int. just dont spam your buff like crazy, the only thing you should spam is divine might from cleric 2.

My future Miko build (rank 4 currently bc Miko ain’t even released yet):

Cleric C3 > Priest C1 > Pardoner C1 > Miko > Plague Doctor C2

Guardian Saint and Divine Might + Miko seems pretty useful, I’m still unsure on this build but I actualy like it quite a bit. I’ll stick to it and see how it goes.

PD 2/3 has great AoE damage (Miko too apparently), Cleric C3 + Blessing has great single target burst. Lots of support skills: nice buffs, Ress, DE for PD skills, awesome heals.

Why would you say it’s wrong again? FS builds are hardly to get wrong if you already have planning and what to aim. It just will shines in different cases.

Ressurection,revive, Reduce cooldown, silence statue. What could be wrong with it?

I’ll give you some heads up as per my experience for “green” classes as my builds are going those green all the way
-Cleric, you don’t need to ask. It’s great at c2
-Krivis, you can’t go wrong with daino and zalciai. Melstis also cool
-Priest, C’mon… Revive? Ressurection? Stone skin?
-Chaplain, which some people claim they regret taking it, actually shines when it comes to destroying objects(which is essential in ET) and can keep up stone skins and say hello to your new Magnus exorcimus
-Oracle, Counter spell for f*ck magic and prophecy to help prevent debuff
-PD, The usual. You know how aweome this class
-Kabbalist, Revenged sevenfold is beast. Ein sof with SP recovery to feed those thirsty SP burner
-Taoist, Shadow walk for losing aggro which can be abused on ET and storm calling…Roar mighty thunder!
-Miko, I will leave this for now. But just looking the skills, I know that this class is good

If damage isn’t your concern, you can pretty much throw anything to build your FS. I myself will take miko at R8 :slight_smile:

You could also go Cleric>Cleric>Cleric>Dievdirbys>Dievdirbys>Miko>Kabbalist>Kabbalist.
http://www.tosbase.com/tools/skill-simulator/build/v6706dp1pu/
This support build would allow you to focus on most support skills that Priests don’t have/can’t be scrolled. Kabbalist C2 can be a real beast if you dont take the attribute of Ein Sof that regenerates SP, since you can just run around ± permanently with 3x HP. This makes it an excellent combo with Guardian Saint buff, since you can take the damage for someone easily if you’ve got around 120-150k HP[this makes every of your heal tiles(16 or 17 per heal) recover around 6-8k HP!!!].

• Also, Reduce level provides a great help due to reducing the level of an enemy since every level difference between your target and you decreases the effective attack of a monster by 2,3%. If you can get around 15 level reduction, that would be 1/3 damage shaved off just by that, with the possibility of even greater reduction later on if larger numbers can be calculated. Merkaba can help a lot with tanking due to the fact that it draws aggro, provides mdef buff, damage negation and holy property.

• Cleric also features Fade, which can be used to evade getting targeted + erase all the threat/aggro you + nearby party members created on the enemy. This should a a must-max skill for every support Cleric, especially if you want to buff/debuff/etc., since you can do everything while still in Fade until you attack. With 32 seconds lasting time [lvl 11 with Divine Might] and 32 seconds CD time[80% of 40 seconds] in the AoE of the Laima Statue, the skill is practically permanent.

• Cure can be taken at level 1 or skipped, since Miko features Omamori crafting and Gohei to remove debuffs with many charges and low CD. Besides that, the damage by Cure is simply overshadowed by Heal, and since Cure can’t hit flying enemies (like Heal) it feels pretty useless to spend points into.

• Miko can make use of Kagura Dance while in Fade, providing a nice buff to the melee attackers of a party; the skill Houki Broom can be (partly) exchanged for Hamaya for more damage if necessary

Notice that you can just take Notarikon and Gemmatria at lvl 1 and save the remaining points for maxing Ein Sof at Kabbalist C3, possibly enabling you to max out the new skills introduced with Kabbalist C3.

Also notice that many buffs of Priest can be bought for a few bucks scrolled, making several circles spent on Priest feel wasted for only Revive/Ressurection/Mass Heal/Stone Skin.

The main problem of support classes right now is that they require at least 2-3 circles to become effective (except the hidden ones), so while we are still at the lower half of the game, building a character with multiple of them is currently simply impossible without having to sacrifice alot.

People with Priest, at least in my opinion, should not take Dievdirbys, because the classes need 2-3 circles [meaning that on top of your 2-3 circles of Cleric] to be effective supporters, which eats up ± all of your ranks. Because Diev and Priest are Rank 2 and 3 classes respectively, their buffs are good but quite weak in comparison to R 6-8 classes, which is why I propose not to mix them together. It might be good later on once we reach R 10 or R 12 [details=meh] (whatever the maximum is; however, R 12 seems to be far more likely, since there are so many concepted classes not introduced yet, probably featured in ranks 9 {and maybe 10} respectively It’s stated that 80 classes are planned for the game when it goes out of OBT, the currently released classes being 63 while 68 are disclosed/featured on TOSFanbase. This would mean R 9 will release at least another 2 classes for every base class{+ another 4 hidden classes}, meaning the minimum max Rank would be 11 [if these were to have 3 Circles as well].

[/details].

1 Like

Finally someone that does not follow the meta plague doctor 2 providing a lot of intel about his choices!

Thanks for the help all yas. Real world experience helps add context to refining the build.