Tree of Savior Forum

[Discussion] Retiarius - Q&A on PVP & PVE builds, gearing, skills and strategies šŸŽ£

Is reti 1 is the popular choice ?
no one going reti 2 here ?

I wonder how powerful is the dagger finish that you need to go dagger reti instead of shield reti ?

I heard Dagger Finish is a bit hard to landā€¦ I guess Retiari 2 go Corsair due to synchrony with dagger skills. I mean, If I were to go PvP with Retiari 2, I would bring both Dagger and Shield, due to Dagger Block downtime. Disarm is very nice, but it can be blocked. Guess you need a good load of Blck Penetration there.
I went Retiari 1 just because Murmillo 2 is very bad (its still a pve build), and I had a nice Spear +17, which are better than swords also. I dont like Hoplite so muchā€¦ Rodelero skills with Murmillo have good dps, and I get to have 3 debuffs: Armor break, High Kick and Headbutt. And Retiari 1 gives me a ā€œpierceā€ debuff (the description is wrong actually, only works with Spears), to land Trident Finisher which is nice only if targeting debuffed targets.

Thereā€™s a lot of people picking Reti2 here too. Dagger finish is a strong skill on damaged targets and it also gets buffed by the net debuff (only non-spear skill it works on). Trident is the main skill though, if you have mostly shield skills dagger finish isnā€™t worth it.

Iā€™m Sword3-Pelt-Cors2-Shinobi-Reti2 for pve/pvp.

I donā€™t know if Iā€™m the only one who experienced that but Disarm seems bugged versus Murmillo. I tested against someone with half of my block in block pen and he could disarm my murmi at 100% rate. Hidden mechanic, bug ?
Edit : Nvm, just misunderstood something during test, it works as intended

Im thinking (sword1>pelt2>hop3>shin>murmillo>Reti)

Sw1-Pelta1-Hop3-Corsair-Templar2-Retiari1 here, great build for GvG if you are guildleader, as good as templar C3 or even more.
Did you notice that Spear Lunge does not increase the damage of the targets that are on the effect of Throw Rete or Pull Rete? Is this a bug or not?

Alright so i went the more safe route that people have been going with reti sw1>pele1>hop2>cor.3>reti2 my main question is what stats should i go both str, or dex? Both scale rather nicely with this build.

what are ur stats right now?

Sw2-hop2-cor3-reti2, fun to play and the damage is not bad, itā€™s a little annoying switching pistol and dagger all time but iā€™m enjoying the char so far.

For corsair3-retiarius2, would you guys put points in quick and dead? It requires a pistol, but impale dagger and some retiarius skills require dagger.

Let the offhands rest on Autoswap. You just need to cast the skill.
The problem lies in investment. 3 Weapons.

Howā€™s SWD3 BAR3 SHI REI2 ???
Variant: Highlander 2 + Barbarian instead Barbarian3

Idkā€¦ i just want to keep my shinobi circleā€¦

greyhiem linked this video before: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rs_NlW7ZdFk

Not sure how good it is but being able to extend both the net and the disarm debuff is cool.

2 Likes

How does autoswap work? It doesnā€™t seem to work for me.

Is there like an autoswap addon Iā€™m not aware of? IIRC only archers have working autoswap for skills.

Only Archers have autoswap. As a Swordie, youā€™ll need to manually change your weapon set with Alt+Z or using that addon to change your gear via a macro.

1 Like

Do you know the build? Sw3 Barb3 Shinobi Ret2?

Went with Sw3 Pel1 Corsair2 Shino1 Retiarus2

Having fun so far and really wanted to switch into this as my PVP main but gave up on the idea after knowing that Hook will be nerfed soon. Also, Cloaking has been useless in PVP for quite sometime. XD

Iā€™d recommend going the Hop3 route instead as well as the Murm1 Ret1 variants and avoid Corsair if youā€™re gonna invest in the char for the long term (unless you really like Corsair then you do you).

Afaik, it already isā€¦

https://tos.neet.tv/misc/buffs?q=iron+hook

No its not.
Still ike always: a lvl 1 buff.
After changes: a lvl 1 debuff.