Tree of Savior Forum

Dealing with high damage in rank8 maps

Hi there,

I’m currently having problems with high level mobs (290), which deals a lot of damage. My HP decreases quickly as soon as 2-3 mobs rush against me.

Being more specific, this little mob (physical attack 1 392 ~ 1 592) deals me a lot of damage forcing me to retreat if there are a couple of them. Other mobs don’t do a lot of damage and I can handle them.
I have 1100 physical defense (lvl 288) and 1000 magic defense, including gems with grynas for top and bottom + shade greaves for boots, no optimization in the equipment.

So, how to deal with those high attack mobs? Is +3 or +4 for top and bottom equipment worthy to reduce the damage? Will it reduce it enough? I expect an increase of +75 - +100 of physical defense, but it doesn’t seem enough to reduce the damage.
Any other option?

Thanks, for the advice!

Hi @seventhSea you need about 1.6k pdef or higher to take just “1” damage. Is that 1.1k pdef with the buffs from pardoner? If no, then always get those buff as it will be boost your pdef (not sure by how much). And/or get 5star or more yellow gems and slot it on your grynas or get the new Nyx top and bottom armor from hunting grounds 2 slots are preferred then slot yellow gems too :slight_smile:

1 Like

any 220 plate armor+pants with 2+2 yellow gem

buy aspersion

Yeah anextra 50-75 pdef can add a ton of physical mitigation, same goes for mdef. Once I upgraded my armor a little it made a big difference.

@seventhSea

It looks like you’re not using pardoner buffs. Lv17 Aspersion adds 52% pdef. That should bring you to 1700+ for smooth sailing.

Ok, with aspersion I reach 1700 of physical defense, but I still get a lot of damage from that mob, around 2000… Am I missing something?
As I said, my magic defense is around 1000, so even if it deals magic damage it shouldn’t hit that hard. The other magic mobs deals me around 300 or 400 at most

This mob has a hidden buff named ‘berserker’.
The mob will deal increased damage, you need quite some def to survive. Mob has increased critical resistance. Mob has reduced def though.

If you have a miko friend, ask her to use gohei to dispel this buff. Green flak will be very easy.