Tree of Savior Forum

Current situation of ToS

I’ll be playing til the servers die too, but I’m really concerned about the current situation of ToS, every month falls on average 1-2k players.
I love this game and I do not want to see him die, I want to see it grow. :smile:

3 Likes

Same here, one of the things I’ve noticed is the update recently–which was a huge patch and our first big update, wasn’t advertised anywhere. I didn’t see anything on a single gaming site or forum about it. Word of mouth seems to be the way stuff is getting around… and most of that is negative reviews.

We need some positive press to help the game grow.

1 Like

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

Pretty much. That said, I’m actually having fun on a Rodel of all things.

Even if the damage sucks until C2/C3, it’s still oddly fun. I just wished Shield Push applied to monsters. D:

I’m having fun on my diev, though I really have been debating a sorc or fencer lately. Waiting to see what the cleric tree r8 is going to have in it though before I settle on a main for the foreseeable future. (Though I just hit bokor c3 today and dat damballa <3 <3 <3)

yea if 1000 players at peak time is considered healthy
500 for orsha though lol

3 Likes

I don’t really get what you’re trying to tell me, what my point is we don’t have control on regulating the influx or quitting of players, is the game gradually loosing player? Yes, then that’s bad however what can WE as the players in the same community contribute, little to none we can encourage other players besides that it’s up to IMC.

Orsha is the red haired step child. No rabbit, no love.

Seriously though, that’s some bad #'s right there. I haven’t checked the actual stats on klai lately, all I know is I can’t log into ch 1-2 unless I’m teleporting to Orsha, then it’s just me and the spambots.

1 Like
https://forum.treeofsavior.com/t/that-average-is-creeping-slowly-down/310037/41?source_topic_id=318363

welp all the screenies have been here

1 Like

OMG just shut up and move on already. Go to Black Desert or something. Seeya!

These threads are very redundant. The game is not dying. It’s a niche game and has quite a few kinks IMC needs to work out. The game is only dying when IMC says “We’re very sorry but we will be closing down the servers in X time.” After said time, it’s dead. I understand why people leave, for many reasons. Yes, I wish IMC was a bit more vocal with it’s community, but most of you asshats are just Toxic as all hell. I wouldn’t want to deal with you either.

Signed,

Just Another Anonymous As,shole

5 Likes

What this game lacks is

• lack of advertisement
  • GMs / Admins don’t communicate with players (look at those robotic responses)
  • incompetent developers (can’t properly fix bugs, instead they introduce more bugs every updates)
  • some quest related can be really basic or its just another broken mission
  • heavy grinding
  • Every update hasn’t brought enough content to keep more players interested (probably because of new bugs introduced)
  • Exploiters are everywhere, breaking games’s content and crashing channels that our VERY BUSY & PROFESSIONAL devs can’t even deal with them.
  • Every bug fix, there’s always a hairstyle or costume involved. They prioritize fixing the aesthetics of the character fix rather than the content of the game that would ruin the very essence of an MMO (e.g. party questing).
  • Meta builds should be followed or you have no place here, unless you rather go solo all the way to the end. People will make fun of your build or judge you on the build you created.
  • Consistent lag, frame drops, disconnections from server, game errors.
  • Some players find a work-around or a fix on this game where even staffs, gm, and devs can’t even find.
    *Add on developers are more competent than our own game devs. Data miners are more resourceful and give out more details than our patch notes.

To counter this, can someone give a reason or list why this game is still interesting?

6 Likes

That’s reversing cause-consequence. Many people are more…upset then they would usually be, because of the state of the game, or the developers responses (or lack thereof).

Over the months I’ve seen many that were all positive turn into negative or neutral-negative posters. Not because they are toxic people, but because the disappointment/frustration is getting to them.

If a game causes frustration its only natural its community becomes ‘toxic’

5 Likes

6 Likes

I disagree, this community has been Toxic since day one. I guess it’s F2P territory as I tend to stay as far away as I can from these types of games due to the communities that follow them. In the past I’ve played games where the Devs did go silent after the community chased them away. Once most of the bad apples left, the devs came back and started anew. It was a much better place.

Sure, it seems backwards. I’ve been here since Day 1 EA, and maybe 1/10 sht post were actually written with any type of constructive input. 9/10 were “FU IMC, you OWE me X” or "FIX DIS SHT".

I don’t disagree that IMC need to have some better “English” speaking Reps or hell for that matter a few community MVP’s if you will. I’m also not stating that I think the game is in great shape. It’s not, player base wise; it’s about honestly where I expected. Niche game is niche.

@haukinyau

1. Not going to happen unless they shut the game down and rebuild the engine. We may slowly see slight updates. Yes, I agree. This crap should run like butter on my rig.
  2. I haven’t experienced the party bug thing, but I also tend to avoid most queest now-a-days and just grind up my Alts as it’s faster to me.
  3. They already allow Class Resets. It’s called Rerolling. I’ve deleted at least four 150-200 chars and have a total of twelve others ranging from 150-230. There is no possible way I ever see Resets working. Unless it came with heavy penalties. Like losing all EXP Aquired to whatever rank you want to reset to. Happy Grinding w/o quest. Stat resets, I have no clue why these aren’t in the TP shop. That baffles me.
  4. I agree on this, not that I do much of either, but for anything but NA I can see it being a pain.
  5. I Lol’d.
2 Likes

2 Likes

I don’t think people are realizing that the recent reduction of bots is due to the massive loss in value of ToS silver, it can basically be purchased for a dollar per million. IMC has not made any progress in an anti-bot system or made any attempts to answer/address in-game bot reporting. The reduction we are now seeing in bots is the RMT companies moving their resources elsewhere b/c the trading of ToS currency is no longer providing enough profit to cover their expenses. That alone should be far more alarming then another “omfg the game is dying” thread.

5 Likes

3 Likes

they added more bugs and lags every patch

huehuehue

2 Likes

Probably.

I can see a lot of the players already quit or maybe just taking a break from the game. And if you are saying “Oh that’s just bots quitting”, do enlighten me on this. Before my hiatus, which was during early May, I still remember that Fedimian had 3 channel at least full (can’t enter). The same with the Mercenary Outpost. Rest assured 90% of them were real people. Bots? The ones I’ve seen were just selling buffs that costs an arm and a leg. In my return in mid July, only channel 1 is ALMOST full.

Game is good,I agree. Hell, it could’ve been better with a good management that is. And to get that, I would not ask a lot. I would ask that IMC just do their best for the game (the best kind of best not half-assed) if they wish to see this game in at least 3 more years. Or become a successful hit after Ragnarok. If their hardwork pays off, it will speak for themselves. You don’t even need marketing to do that.

9 Likes