Tree of Savior Forum

CryoKino : Enchanter or Onmyoji

I was thinking to do a Cryo3 Kino3 wizard for general PVE, and I hesitate for the last 2 ranks :

• Enchanter2 bring more support for party play, and the lightning with AA for improved damage on frozen ennemies
  • Onmyoji2 bring aoe dps, and some CC with tree that I find redundant with Frost Pillar

Both synergies with PP and GP from Kino, but Enchanter seems to goes better with CryoKino while Onmyoji seems more oriented to PyroKino ?

What do you think of these 2 builds ? Has anyone tested one of them ?

Both are good in their own way. Enchanter deals more dmg for bossing. I think many people tried it out during past wizard rebalance already.

Onmyoji is better at AOE dps. Tree + frost pillar is nice combo to pull and hold mobs. Its weakness it onmyoji spells are easily interrupted while casting so player will need to cc mobs before casting those skills. It can be very fun like this.

Also, fox attribute makes psychic pressure hits wider frontal area. IMO it is huge merit for icewall+pp oriented build. Hopefully it will hit all 16 wall tiles.

For me, I would build a cryo3-psy3-rc-onmyo1. Rune of protection prevent casting interruption and rune of ice can boost ice dmg. I will lose tree suction and toyou though.

Too bad rank reset is very limited so I cant test more builds.

Off-topic: Anyone knows how additional fire dmg from fox attribute calculated?
Also, is the new ice necklace boost icewall+pp dmg? (maybe not I suppose, since it isn’t skill dmg)

2 Likes

Yeah, I was thinking about that, but I haven’t find much informations, I will look at it more !
What makes Enchanter so good for bossing ?

Oh, I haven’t thought at this combo ! With the video, it seems even cooler than what I thought, thanks a lot for it :slight_smile:

Honestly, I would love to test both builds to see which one I prefer, but we got only one rank reset and I have only one character slot left :confused:

Lightning hands serve as filler for cryokino well (Huge downtime between icewall+pp). Also deal consistence dmg (target-locked, no problem if target moves. caster is also mobile.) but single-target oriented since it cover small area.

Ah, I see ! I must say, I never played a AA wizard, so I have a bit of difficulties to imagine it against bosses, but it’s seems cool too !

Damage from LH is very high. It adds 1 extra line of damage that does 503% of matk. That stacks on top of Sacrament (1 line of damage, 12 damage), Enchant Fire (1 line of damage, 10% of matk), and your own basic attack (1 line of damage, 100% of matk), so you get a total of 613% matk + (whatever flat bonuses you have * 4 lines) per hit.

I’ve crunched the numbers before and it’s equivalent to having a permanent LV15 Pole of Agony on the boss provided (1) your ping can keep up and (2) you’re stationary like a turret.

1 Like

Yeah, I see some videos, and the damage seems good, but I’m afraid to not be able to use it to itsmaximum : I don’t know how to “jump cancel animation” :confused: In top of that, my ping is not that good, which makes me wonder if Onmyoji wouldn’t be better for me !

Have you considered shadowmancer? Ive been able to deal 500k damage per line on ET bosses using shadow thorn. This is with a linker 3 in my party and a ele featherfoot cursing the boss.

Well, I’m really attached to Cryo3/Kino3 and I don’t think Shadowmancer can goes with those, especially for an INT build :confused:

Shadow is the best variation after rune of ice nerf but before onmyoji patch IMO. As I mentioned here :

(Beware that this post is before rune of ice nerf. But other still same)

Oh, I totally forgot that thread ! I read it a long time ago…
Well, I thought Kino could goes well with Shadow (mostly for Heavy Gravity), but I didn’t thought it could be good for a CryoKino build…

As you tested it, do you think Shadowmancer is viable in an INT build (due to SP cost of skills) ? With this build, do you find yourself using mostly Shadowmancer skills for mobs (with only CC from Cryo and Kino) or do you also use the damage from Cryo and Kino ?
And have you been able to test Enchanter instead of Shadowmancer, to compare both ?

I pick shadow mainly for utility. I built a full int back then. I use shadow thorn and condensation often but rarely use conjuration. I think its sp cost is too high compare to dmg output.
Surprisingly, it turns out that most of my dmg come from cryo and kino (snow rolling,heavy gravity,gravity pole). So sp is manageable with just alchemist potion.

I tested enchanter briefly during wiz rebalance. It is decent but I would rather build it with pyro/link/chrono for synergy myself.

Enchanter focus on dealing consistent dmg and freeze boost lightning dmg synergy.
While shadow focus on comforting ice wall setup (and a bit of filler skill). It’s matter of what you need from the class and preferred playstyle.

1 Like

Thanks a lot for your explanation !

I just want a class which allow me to play on my own, with damage against mobs and bosses (not top damage, but soloable build), and I want a Cryo3 Kino3, that’s why I hesitate between Enchanter2 (for Lighning damage on frozen targets and added support in party), Onmyoji2 (because it’s new :stuck_out_tongue: and it improves PP/GP), and now Shadowmancer (mainly help for combo on bosses and more damaging skills).

When you talk about pyro/link/chrono/enchanter, do you think of a AA build ? Is it worth to take Enchanter only for added Lighting damage on frozen targets, and not for an AA build ?
If not, well, Shadowmancer will probably be the answer :slight_smile:

I posted a question regarding the rank 8-9 options like few weeks back and there are a few options suggested. This was before the Onmyoji patch

1. Wiz1>Cryo3>Kino3>Enc2
    This was the build I ended up going in the end. It was mentioned that Cryo induce “chill” debuff that boost party damage by 50% with enchant lightning. And enchant lightning converts PP+GP to lightning to boost damage on frozen targets. Have the CC and AOE of Cryo+Kino and the AA with lightning hands lets say if the bosses move around.

2. Wiz1>Cryo3>Kino3>Sag2
    Gets missile hole for party, and have much strongest damaging skills such as dimension compression and ultimate dimension. Also have the perks of making a portal short. Party wise I don’t think it contributes as much as Enc2. Damage wise it has much better burst because of the 2 main damaging skills that Sage have.

3. Wiz1>Cryo3>Kino3>Onm2
    Gets a hell lot of skills. The damage of Onm2 isn’t huge but the AOE is. Boost PP+GP with firefox by quite a lot. I think it does more damage than Onm2 skills itself? Great AOE, but problem is that you probably won’t have the luxury to actually utilize all the skills. If you really want HUGE AOE, go for this.

4. Wiz1>Cryo3>Kino3>Sha2
    Shadow fetter helps to pin bosses on the spot so that you can use your IceWall+PP with ease. A lot of utility from other skills. Shadow thorn has high damage for single target. You might end up consuming a lot of SP since shadowmancer has very high SP consumption. If you are focused on bossing, maybe this build might be better.

All of them can do well solo against mobs in normal map contents. Depends on what other perks you are looking for

1. Great for party play
  2. Good for party play + high burst
  3. Great AOE
  4. Killing bosses + utility
1 Like

The build is wiz1 pyro1 link2 chrono3 ench2.
It is AA centric but can provide nice support as well.

Yes, but also depends on how much you want to bring support. Else onmyoji is better since you don’t need to freeze mobs every time before using pp/gp.

Correct me if I’m wrong, enchant lightning turn physical melee attack into lightning, therefore can be boosted by freeze. So this leans more on support since wiz don’t have melee attack by themselves (except pp/gp exclusive attribute).

1 Like

Thanks for both reply, that’s really helpful !

At the end, I’m mostly hesitating between Enchanter and Shadowmancer (I already have Sage and an Elementalist for AOE) : I haven’t really got the occasion to play in group in ToS, but I usually play support in other games…

I just realize something : you need to freeze target to got the added lightning damage from PP/GP, but can you freeze bosses ? You can’t CC them (except with Shadowmancer’s Fetter), but can they maybe get the debuff ? And does the added damage works with the shards from Ice Wall + PP ?

Edit :

I just check and Enchant Lightning change melee and missiles attacks, so I suppose it works with Wizard’s AA, but yeah, it also boost all your group (melee Cleric and Swordsman, missile Archer), and you can also boost your party’s defense with Enchant Earth, so with buffs and CC, that could really work as support

I think both onmyo and shadow consume a lot of sp. I do not think you can play either very well only with int. Int is a situational stat to me. I only use it on thaumas. If you want to go enchanter then you might want some dex to increase AA speed. Full int is not a very good idea these days and i dont think we should default to it.

I run 200 spr on my shadowmancer.

Alternatively, you can go cryo 3 kino 3 rc onmyo c1 because at c1, you get thefox attribute for gp and pp. Ive never seen anyone try this, i dont think you should either, but just saying that it is possible in theory.

I recognize old frost pillar can do so(apply freeze to increase lightning dmg but can’t immobilize boss). I’m not sure about current frost pillar. I have seen “chill” debuff on target and believed that it increase ice dmg dealt so it can boost ice wall + pp combo.

Ice wall shards are belong to magic - ice element so they can’t be turned into lightning but they can still benefits from additional lightning property dmg though.

I’m running that build and it works well.
In case anyone interested.

1 Like

Thanks a lot for all your information !

I think I’ll go for Wiz/Cryo3/Kino3/Shadow2, with 200 SPR and 200 INT (with points from quests) :
https://tos.neet.tv/skill-planner#21333444jj.253555.11213f435a7a85.1f5a8a6575.1a25455565

Now, I just need to look more the Cryo threads to see what are the good skills :slight_smile: (I know the Kino one, but Cryo change a lot since the last time I played it) (and I look Cryo thread and not only build, because I try to understand the skills :slight_smile: )