Tree of Savior Forum

Could this be "planned" since the beginning?

They made founder packs look so bad that most people would disagree with. Then they “sweetened up” the deal to make it suddenly seem more agreeable, so more people would pay in the end.

It’s a legitimate business strategy. In psychology, this is called “door in the face” - a two-step compliance technique in which the influencer prefaces the real requests with a request so large that it’s likely to be rejected and make the real request seem more reasonable. For example, in a past study, researchers asked a group of students if they would volunteer at something for two years. Not surprisingly, everyone turned it down. Subsequently, they asked them if they would instead be willing to volunteer for just 2 days. 50% of them agreed to it. Then they asked another group to volunteer for 2 days right away without mentioning 2 years, only 10% of them agreed.

Applying this principle, IMC would make more sales by introducing the three-month EA first, then this “option B” than they would have if they showed you the latter right away.

Anyone think I’m crazy?

4 Likes

it is planned
/4head

2 Likes

No, because they got bad rep on all major MMO websites on the west + youtube channels + game reviews… no one would want so much bad advertising so early on development.

I think they legit sorry about their bad desision at first.

5 Likes

All according to Keikaku.

4 Likes

raises hand 20 times

6 Likes

I dont think this has an air of being pre-planned. Seems rather sincere to me. Psychology isnt even a legit science.

2 Likes

You never know :smiley:

Planned or not, IMC has the record for being a cash grab company.
Its so sad that they did it again this early phase of the game

doesn’t matter whether it’s science or a subject. it often explains things or predicts the outcome.

2 Likes

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

The potential for better publicity isn’t worth what they’ve likely already lost in terms of population and money.So I doubt it.

2 Likes

It was planned indeed. They did same thing in kTOS with market, trading, rates, repair prices, etc.
Just look at the choices: it is clear that B option has the most benefits out of 3, which doesn’t make sense if IMC really intended to go for C option.

Note: Keikaku means “plan”.

2 Likes

Planned at start? Highly doubt it; As If they’d known in advance, then it would’ve been better to give the poll first which would prevent them from loosing face.

If it’s about the current poll selection, then it is a high probability. Although, I do wonder why they’ve only changed the server access dates whilst all else are the same. There are better ways to provide/manipulate us.

As such, overall I’m leaning with a most likely it’s not planned from the start at 95% certainty.

Disclaimer: everything stated above has no concrete evidence. =)

----20 chars— kappa

To me it just looks like i’ll get alot more for my 50$ then i originally would have had ^^ Wich suits me just fine :slight_smile:

As i already said in another post, and really don’t feel like copying all of it again here so i’ll just say the main points of it:

• player asked for this, i was one of them
  • IMC copied-pasted what player asked for into the poll

Really, that second deal poll was a copy-paste of what i and other people asked for in so many post on this forum.

This is why i really don’t believe it was “decided from the start”, because those changes weren’t IMC ideas in the first place.

Sorry bud, you’re wrong there. It’s much easier to predict the masses as opposed to individuals. It’s called statistical analysis.

if it is planned this way, the only thing that matters is what happens after this hurdle imo. if the cash shop is set to ridiculous prices or the game basically requires cash shop items then the robbery was thought out and crafted this way

otherwise its just IMC being bad at monetization and player psychology. hanlon’s razor and all

illuminati confirmed.

1 Like