Tree of Savior Forum

Concept of Bot Trap

Hello people, I think that everyone playing game already had problems with BOTs. Then I thought of a trap that appeared in random locations around the map. When a player is caught by it, will leave after solving a captcha selecting the correct images. Help me spread this post to get the IMC staff, and thus give more details. Thank you and good game at all.(sorry for my poor eng.)

2 Likes

I have proposed a similar idea but a little bit more sofisticated. Check it out! Definitely hope people spread the word. Bot detection system suggestion

Best regards and most respectfully,
Arkight Crossfaith

1 Like

Like our ideia of trap. My proposal trap for bots, in a semicircle that when crossed by player caged inside him until they solve a captcha. Thus, there will be a trap for map that had changed randoly site for a determined time. When changing all those were in it will be disconnected getting a game ban for a certain period of time. This ban can also be cumulative generating more serveras punishments for those who get stuck several times (bots) .Thank you for your support.

Why not have something like VAC?

2 Likes

We can use a VAC since it have a time limit to be used. Also will be necessary to limit for error when using the same (3-5 times) because them can try to use a code generator to escape (that the reason i propouse a captcha, this system use images that only humans can ready also will be necessary a 3 a 5 times attempts limite for secure).

VAC seems to a very powerful anti-cheat system, it would definitely be a great addition. And probably highly effective against the problem as a whole. I believe that to achieve the most sussessfull results they should use multiple layers and tricks. With all of them applied the level of success should be quite high.
The floor trap sounds like a great idea but it should be limited how many times a month a user will need to solve those captcha. to avoid bothering legit players too much. it would definitely have a good degree of success!

1 Like

The benefits will be great, and you can get out of this trap in a few seconds or even deviate from it because it will be visible (as the bots are controlled by programs they will not deviate from it). This trap does not need to be big, and as previously said there will be at most one at a time on each map. And clean the maps believe it will not be so repudiated by the players but for those who use these programs.

Unfortunately, if it would be visible that means you would be receiving the data from the server to indicate where they are located, code injections can read this same data to avoid them. :-/
To make it maximum effective the client should never get this locations in any way.

1 Like

I think you are right, it must be a invisble and untargetable. That way they will not be able to avoid.

1 Like