Tree of Savior Forum

Comparing two roads (of many) to Inquisitor

Hi everyone. Would just like to solicit comments on this, and help me put the “final nail on the coffin.” I love both Paladin and Chaplain. I am currently progressing towards a Dex-Con C2>P1>Pal1>M1>Pal3>Inq. But there is always this constant feeling of curiosity of how an Int-Con C2>P3>Chap>Miko>Inq would do. I would want to hear your views on this.
Especially interested on: DPS, dungeon soloability, support capability, and end-game role. Thanks a bunch guys!

Both work. You should look into @Nekorin’s thread if you wanna see how INT builds fare.

Thank you @c2gaming.seetoo! I actually read that before starting this post (it was what reminded me of the Int-based Inq). But particular to the Chaplain variant, what are your thoughts? Does it generate better DPS than the Dex-Pally Inq? Better support capability (likely)? Better performance in soloing dungeons? Much more in demand in late game parties (I remember someone telling me that they are, but as support than dps)? As you know, I have zero interest in PvP.:slight_smile:

Chap-inq is a much better solo option than Pally-Inq. Having Priest3 makes you excellent with support/heals.

c2 p3 chap miko inq is the optimal pve chaplain build.

Aspergillum, Magnus, and Hamaya are great magic damage, and breaking wheel + Kagura is a great physical damage option.

Whoa! Even against the Monk variant (i.e. C2>P1>Pal3>M1>Inq) @Remiri?

When i say optimal I mean optimal build with Chaplain in it.

For the purposes of pure DPS, M1+Pal3 is much better single target DPS wise, but it suffers in the AOE department since you don’t have Hamaya or ME.

Extremely informative! Thank you so much @Remiri! Oh man, I’m seriously thinking of replacing my main now…T-T

Keep in mind with your varient, you will still have some AOE DPS with breaking wheel.

Malleus > Breaking Wheel > Conviction > Smash > Double Punch Spam until wheel is over is excellent DPS…while the wheel is up.

Once the wheel is down, you are limited to your Monk skills(Palm/Knife/DoublePunch) and Cure for DPS. With Priest1 you can cast blessing and then get double hits on your Heal as well. It is respectable DPS and you will melt bosses.

I run a CON/INT Chap-Miko-Inquis. It is difficult to gear since you need both magic and physical damage to be high, whereas a Paladin-Monk can focus on only Physical.

Monk is getting its AoE situation fixed.

The thing you might want to think about is actions per minute. Chaplains just AA since most their damage is attached to AA while the monk has to keep pressing DP.

Thanks @Remiri, that kind of “softened the blow” for me, heh. Still, I just think Chaplains are cool, and might indeed create one just because… they look cool.:slight_smile:

@c2gaming.seetoo! Actually if you think about it, other than DP consuming Stamina, there really isn’t that much of a difference spamming DP vs AA, or is there? In fact, right now, DP is a bit more difficult to land because of its relatively shorter hit range vs normal attacks.:slight_smile:

There is is mouse mode :wink: A very big difference at that.

1 Like

physic over magic as inquisitor

magic/support inquis is strong but physical type have more potential

if u want support, monk1 is enough

drop paladin for utility circle

ex. cleric2priest2monk1oracle1kabba1inquis

Supposing I go for a full PVE build, will Oracle still be as useful? Or would Monk2 do the job better?

oracle > monk2

counter spell rules