Tree of Savior Forum

[Companion] Hunter "Coursing" ability immobilizes pet

Please fill in as much as you can :

Date and Time :Since launch

Game Control Mode (Keyboard/Joypad/Mouse) :All

Where it happened (which map, which quest, which npc, etc) : Every map

Bug Description :
If you tell your pet to attack an enemy using the “coursing” ability you pet remains immobile in the “coursing” animation for it’s full duration, regardless of commands given after or even if the enemy dies.

Steps to reproduce the issue :

1. Be a hunter with the coursing ability
  2. Have a pet
  3. Use the coursing ability and try to issue another command (such as rush dog) after your pet’s begun damage the enemy from coursing.
  4. It won’

Screenshots / Video :

7 Likes

I would like to correct a bit: You can still use other commands (such as rush dog) after your pet has begun to deal damage. The immobilization happens after the coursing target has been killed.

+1 though, almost makes me want to respec but its so good for PvP.

Oh hey, someone else already made a thread about this. I was going to make one about it to get some proper attention to it after the support ticket I sent in dismissed it as being a latency issue.

It did say that if it persists, I should send in a new ticket (Why can’t you keep them open for replies until the issue is actually resolved?), so I did. But seeing as it took like 5 days to get a response the first time, I figured a forum post along side of it would be a good idea.

And before people get to my suggestion to nerf the duration of carouse, here’s a duel I recorded. I have yet to lose.

And here’s my report.

Type of Bug : Skill/Pet glitching out

Date/Time and Location : Every time I use Carouse.

Description :

Every time I use Carouse and a monster is killed, my pet will remain
stationary. When I then use Rush Dog or Carouse again, my pet will
proceed to skip and slide around after the target. It will keep doing
that for the entire duration of Carouse. It’s currently at level 7
(Using a bow that give +2 to hunter skills), so my pet becomes unusable
for around 17 seconds.

I’ve submitted this before and was told it may be a latency issue and
that if it persisted I should send in a new report. So I’m submitting
it again. I’ve stated in my description that the thing displayed in the
video happens every time I use carouse before rush dog and I was not
exaggerating. Yes, I am connecting from Europe and the servers were
rather unstable at the time, but I’m on 200 mb/s download and 20 mb/s
upload line. The servers are also a lot more stable now (Good job on
that by the way!) and I can still consistently recreate the glitch.

Seeing as my previous report was written off as it being latency
issues, I figured I’d try and elaborate on what I think is causing the
glitch.

My pet uses Carouse and grabs a monster, rooting both the monster and
itself in place. Once the monster dies, my pet remains rooted in place
for the rest of the skill duration. However, if I use rush dog on a
nearby target, it will try to attack it while still rooted and thus
glitch out.

Perhaps a GM could contact me and I can demonstrate it for them in
game? I’ve showed the glitch to other players and they saw the same
thing as me. A friend of mine even commented on it before I told him
about it.

Steps to reproduce the issue :

1)Use Carouse on a monster

2)Wait for it to die

3)Use Carouse/Rush Dog/other pet attack skill on another monster

Screenshots / Video :

Feedback: I suggest drastically reducing the time Carouse lasts
and/or make is so it ends as soon as the target dies. There’s absolutely
no need for it to last as long as it does. I used it in a duel and I
completely destroyed my friend in a matter of seconds so if it stays as
is, it will be extremely unbalanced once PvP as well once it gets
implemented.

1 Like

Awesome, your description of the bug is far easier to understand. Glad I’m not the only one with this. I have 45ping so it’s decidedly not a latency issue.

It’s really too bad since it makes your pet unusable for so long, otherwise the ability would be incredible.

I’d much prefer for the effect to just end when the target died. However, come PvP it could be a bit overbearing. I’m going scout as well, so being able to run around perma stealthed telling my pet to kill people…Yikes.

Those bugs makes hunters almost an useless class. They tried to hide bugs making hunter’s skills hit the closest target.

I really want to know when IMC will open his eyes to fix a bug that affect every player with companion and destroys an entire class.

• You need to be melee range to make your skills work.
  • You can’t go hidden once Cloaking doesn’t hide pet.
  • 3/4 Hunter damage spells are single target and you can’t use them on ground bosses (Where single target skills really make the difference). So why call this class Hunter if you can’t hunt ?
  • Hunters are good for PvP SINCE enemy don’t use dispeller / Plague Doctor.
  • IF the enemy isn’t a boss,don’t have a plague doctor on party, is near your pet, isn’t using dispeller, Hunters will CC and kill you while you can’t react.

Why have a class like this that can be 0 or 100 ? You created a class, so please finish your job and make this class enjoyable like all other.

Those are old problems, where are you IMC ?

@STAFF_Shawn @STAFF_John @Staff_Julie @STAFF_J @STAFF_Ethan

1 Like

I have a same problem. Pls fix this bug ,i dont want to be hunter useless. This skill is so important.

IMC please don’t ignore this problem.

Too late, I realized why I’m the only hunter… xD

I posted about this too. I’d like to add, half the time when I use the skills Coursing and Rush Dog, the companion will just sit there, not doing anything and the skill will go into cooldown. Not cool man.

Another solution to the latency, is have the companion move into the same range, but have the actual range of it increased a bit, to compensate for lag. This way on a lag-free environment (ha) it works the same way, but in one with lag it will still hit after moving close enough at least.

It’s not a latency issue (Not for me anyway). If your pet isn’t close enough, or if you do not face a target, the skill will cost SP, go on cooldown, but not actually do anything.

it’s not working after new patch . Dog still bug!

Bump still a problem. Fix it please.

Bump I guess…

Just got a list of bugs being worked on and this SHOULD be on the list. But isn’t.

:confused: Kinda disappointing considering how severely hampering this bug is for a class. I don’t want to say “unplayable” since that’s not true, but “extremely difficult” isn’t an exaggeration.

If this gets a view by someone at IMC, I’d greatly appreciate some effort in fixing this issue. Thanks.

Bump

@STAFF_Max

Please report this bug to IMC.

1 Like

Applying Hounding to your companion band-aids this problem, looks like they’re “working” on fixing the Hounding “bug” I posted.

Hate doing this. Bumparoonie. Kinda feels like this class has been somewhat forgotten about. It’s skills feel so, well, klunky and out of line with so much of the game.