Tree of Savior Forum

Community Interaction is Key! :)

These forums and the official twitter have been pretty quiet for the past few weeks, hopefully the dev’s are just busy with the in game content lol.

It’d be nice to get some community interaction, or even some involvement when it comes to in game content. I know that there are for a ton of creative people in this community - imagine if we could influence cosmetic things, say with costume contests or weapon skin contests? That’d be a great way to get people involved both in game and in the forums.

What do you guys think?

I’d love to start a podcast. But my voice is pretty monotonous and I’m not much of a talker. The idea was to get player thoughts post-CBT and pre-release, talk about the game in general, talk about the new patch notes, etc.

The dev’s are busy with the game content (patches every day!) which is why they’ve been quiet. You have to keep in mind that they can’t really discuss these patches with us either, as their being tested on a server where all testers are under NDA.

So the dev’s don’t really have much to say.

As for community involvement, since this game is being self published internationally, I think we should have a fair amount of influence on things. Player/Community driven events/suggestions and podcasts even are a great idea :sunny:

However, with the minimal amount of news on a weekly basis (aside from patch notes that are leaked from the test server), there isn’t much to go on currently.

I don’t think I can start a podcast as much as I would like to. Talking takes too much energy for my introverted self.

As an alternative I’ve thought about starting a magazine/newspaper sort of thing. It would be a digital PDF that you could download onto your ereader or tablet whatever. Contents would be player interviews, patch notes, general TOS news.

That’s something I could look into.

A fine idea… we might also need to do something about moderation.
As is now, our ability to self-regulate has been rather lacking.

It’s probably too soon for this just right now.

You can do what you want to encourage competitive spirit now, but I expect it’ll be tough to keep it afloat.

I will actually help you with this. I’m an artist myself and i can make a variety of html templates hand coded for mailchimp or whatever you intend to use. You can pm me if you are really interested in doing this. Sounds like a lot of fun.

That’d be neat! If you do, I DEMAND(rofl, jk, SUGGEST!) a comic-strip section a’la old newspapers style, hah xD

I am not that great at artistic stuff although I feel fairly creative, could probably make some silly ToS-related stuff every few days or so. (or at least incite/spoonfeed the better-at-drawing to take over and thus mission acomplished, ahaha xD)

Old discussion, concluded they don’t interact with the forums unless its flagging purposes. During CBT they did a summoning event at the main town though.

I like this idea a podcast would be pretty cool but as it is idk how much there really is to talk about other than forum post about prospective features and things like that. I would do one but since I lacked beta access I cannot first hand say how things felt. I just read the forums a lot.

I agree self modding hasn’t worked. I know flaming is natural for some members in the forums. But as of the last 2 weeks I feel I have read more anger induced post that are more about making someone else feel dumb about a topic than true opinions to better the game. It may have just been random chance though that I got into those topics.

I’m currently working on a fansite, but it is quite different than what we have seen so far in fansites. It is a more community interactive fansite that promotes in-game events with real prizes, etc., on a weekly basis.

Right now we are currently lacking graphic designers or photoshop erudites, also html/css webdesigners/erudites. I’m currently working on the html/css, its looking good so far, but I’m not an expert and I could use some help from someone that actually masters this. For example, I have not integrated the accounts/comments/archives/web-site emails/ etc. I’m also stuck with the banner, I have to learn photoshop from scratch, pffff.

If you guys are interested in learning more about the project, message me. I’m planning to offer a % of the revenues it might produce via Donations/Sponsorship/ and probably ads.

I’m doing this because I love the game, and want it to be a successful one; I also want everyone to have a good time.

@Topic Sounds more like a designer’s hub idea than community interaction.

I have not disclosed the goals, and user - page/community interaction methods. Unless you are interested in the project, I would rather not disclose sensible information that would put us in disadvantage or spoil the fun for everyone /gg

This forum could work as a feedback source for developers and maybe for events and such, but I doubt it will ever reach the deeper kind of integration that we see in games such as league of legends.

Truth be said I don’t think we will ever see a developer replying a post in a game mechanic thread or someone from the dev team promoting a discussion about behind the scenes stuff (like bringing someone from the art team to talk about inspirations of their work or someone to talk about ToS story and lore). Actually forget about having developers, we don’t even have active moderation or community managers.

This forum will probably get some more attention from IMC once ToS is released, but the way it is now, as a community interaction tool this site is as useful as a Facebook page.

You guys have some great ideas for sure, I love community driven things :smile:

Apparently this thread (or its just a coincidence!) was noticed and IMC is still alive and posting haha. Im glad they are so busy though, thats good for everyone in every region who wishes to join the ToS community.(Hello there! (been a while))

@Nakano15 It could well be , a seperate forum would be neat then. I mean, every one will have different perspectives but I personally enjoy any time a company reaches out to the community - even in small ways, to help influence the content. We are the ones playing after all, it’d only benefit the company in helping to deliver things the community is interested in :smile: