Tree of Savior Forum

Chaplain: Bless 15, sacrament 10? Aspersion? Confused

Yes, but I have Stone Skin and Mass Heal, that’s why I couldn’t max Blessing.
I’m healer / buffer / dps (my dps is good too).

If I wanted to max Blessing I should gone Pardoner (Increase Magic Defense scales good with SPR).

The sacrament additional 5 points isn’t worth though just my 2 cents.

Well i have forgo Aspersion for revive and left sacrament at 1.
still doing about 2k + damage with Aspergillum and with a + 430 blessing

Tbh, i hardly i have time trying to auto attack anything other than bosses when the party clear them.

Also since most of the time it’s the magic damage killing us in dungeons >_>.

Well, I think Sacrament is good at max lv for Last Rites.
(waiting for another buff on priest like Blessing xD )

I have agree with you: is hard to auto attack anything, that’s why I wanted to do healer and buffer.
Any Cleris class is “healer” for everyone.

Hey,

I play a lvl270 Chaplain, and honestly your dmg takes a deep dive after 200+ or so. For me this was no problem because I usually played this one with my friend.

As far as group play goes it is beneficial if u have Cleric2 for the heals. Otherwise its getting tricky in dungeon runs etc, not only because you lack heals but also because people tend to be more kamikaze as soon as they see something resembling a Cleric symbol.

As far as the Aspersion/ Sacrament/ Blessing discussion goes, I have Aspersion at 10 as well as Blessing 10, Sacrament got 1 Point, because most of the time thats the buff you gonna buy at the Pardoner Shops. I would say about 80% of players buy their Sacrament so their is no need to max that skill in any way and even if someone dies and you have to refresh it, the damage is not relevant its the extra hit. Same goes for Last Rites.

Aspersion even though maxed has a short duration when directly casted so no need to max it for buffing purpose, I maxed it for more dps but you have to remember its kind of a R2 Skill so the dmg will never be "high"
With the dps attribute of Aspersion at 60% I do around 2800 dmg, its not the world und it is kinda depressing when u autoattack a mob to death.
But yeah Chaplain is a support class so you have to roll with the damage dive after 200.

Blessing realy shines in Partysituations, I did some runs with a guy who had a 500 Blessing and everyone in the group hat 3 to 4 autoattack hits so min 1500 dmg more per hit is really good. Grouping up with swordsmen who have fast multihit skills really shows the dmg difference.

How is your stat distribution though? I kinda would like to do some damage when picking rank 8, so is an int chaplain (with some SPR of course) viable?

If you are looking for PD2 , Go hybird Int / SPR you will trade off some blessing damage but your incinerate + toxic plague (new r8 skill) will be able to back up the damage lost to the party.

atm i have 330 int with 170 spr + - total (i dun remember my stat allocation sadly) MY blessing is around 430 but my incinerate at level 2 per tick is around 2.5k 30 attribute.

Can any1 state the difference damage of lvl 1 and lvl 10 Sacrament pls ?

Ive been debating to put this lvl 1 or max for last rites D:

this thread show case the damage difference

TL;DR lv 1 and 10 difference is in the damage it gives you and timing, sacrament level affect last rites as well but ultimately lost out to blessing

I got 120 con the rest I spread through int and spr, kind of 1:1

Sacrament will barely add any damage if leveled, even with Last Rites.

The only reason most people even bother to level it to 5 instead of keeping it at one, is so they wont have to recast it as often.

Hi,

I was hoping for a bit of guidance, I am currently P3 aiming for Chaplain. After reading parts of this forum I have discovered I might have made a mistake with my skill allocation. I have maxed out Blessing to 15 and Sacrament to 10. All other skills are sitting at level 1.

Any advice how to proceed?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Well, according to the math Blessing 15 is a no-brainer so you’re good on that end.

I also have Sacrament 10 and Aspersion 15 to boot. It plays okay on my end, but I have this niggling feeling that mathematically I am missing out on something.

Blessing is fine (and by that I mean mandantory especially if you are SPR based). Sacrament… is rly questionable… but anyway I don’t think that’s that bad.

If you can’t reset or want to try it like this:

Mass Heal 8
Stone Skin 5
Revive 3
Resurrection 2 (or even try to make it 3…maybe lvl 7 Mass Heal?.. … …not like I use res that much I leave it to you to decide.)

OR

Less safe version:

Mass Heal 10 (or9)
Stone Skin 5
Resurrecton 2 (or3)
Your Revive will be ■■■■ on lvl 1 but as I heard there will be a mace with +2 skill levels to Priest skills… you can decide yourself if you want to build on something like that. (also I’m not even sure if it’s in the game in Korea so it is rly not safe yet…XD)

OR

More def and a bit more damage:

Definitely pick up something later that adds more heal to you (Cleric 2) leave Mass Heal on lvl 1.

Aspersion 8
Resurrection 2-3
Revive 2-3

…or you can play a bit more with the points here too and pray that mace makes into the game… :smiley:

…or you can come up with something else dunno… as I said I think you are fine… the Blessing is what’s quite mandantory now.

Personally if that mace will exist I will reduce my resurrection to 3 and use that with that mace btw.

With so many points in Sacrament, you are going to have to compromise on the more important skills.

Mass Heal is one of the core skills of a Priest, so it should be taken to atleast level 8, altho 10 is best. Stone skin is really good to have as well if you have moderate or high SPR.

However if you take those, you will miss out on extra damage (and the def buff) from Aspersion.

That said, the best choice would be:
Mass Heal 10
Stone Skin 5.

If you also want Resurrection you can drop one or two points from Mass Heal for it.

I wouldnt pick Revive however, its buggy and has situational use only.

How is revive buggy @_@. it just have small area cast radius well 3/4 screen s still big…

It works perfectly fine and you can gather your peers in a group and cast (and ignore it for 1min +)

Revive also prevent the damage to ur equipment and if it pops you gain up to 7 sec of invincibility an 45% hp back… so i won’t call revive bad.

Revive > Resurrection esp on WB / ET

Prevention is better than casting Resurrection esp keeping your dps alive that 2-3 second lost each time could cost you the cube at times.

This game encourage mitigation over cures for sure…

The buff symbol frequently doesnt update, and it didnt allows work for me either.

If you have 9 points in Revive, that means you are missing vital points elsewhere, I’d call that bad. This is especially true now that Blessing has been buffed.

Resurrection isnt that great in most locations either. As a healer Id say the best way to cure death is to prevent it from happening in the first place.

Revive would be pretty good if it was more reliable, and there werent other skills to get. I used to have it in my build, before they buffed Blessing.

If the buff symbol doesn’t update. It is actually due to ping issue. I have notice that revive works terribly with high ping. Especially during CBT/ start of server issue. Any way this also affects other deployment spell with limited range. Aka Enchant fire and others.
They really need to fix the netcode/ interaction with limited range spells properly lol.

It is relatively fine aside unless you stuck to having bad pings to the server. At times casting spells will get you stuck in animation lol… This Applies especially to over heat spells.

Regarding on that 9 points, this is the balance between you wanting more points in sacrament and Aspersion or others or revive.

It is up to you to balance IMO tbh.

I still find aspersion extremely useless as majority of the damage is taken due to Magic Damage than physical.
Also you can buy lv 15-17 aspersion for 800 s or less at pardoner these day.

The only key thing is aspersion which affects your AA damage with Aspergillum.
This leads me to asking you do you AA that much? lol.Most of us have the same agreement that when we are into the late late like 250. We don’t really use it that much…

Since enemies deal like 50-150 physical damage on equal level mostly [ with plate armor of course].
On terms of ET.
Where most of us just Spam Barrier scroll to get them out of the range

We mostly ran PD and set people on fire instead then AA or we just turn pure support/Area shredding.

Back to the points allocation discussion If you max Mass heal, 1 point in stone skin ( scalign to SPR and have high SPR) i dun see a need to max Stone skin. Since the duration of Stone skin is the same through out block = SPR X 4 for PVE

with 3/5 points of Resurrection. Max blessing. There is still plenty of points to put. 15 blessing > 1 stone skin > 10 mass heal > 3 Ress > 1 point sacrament > 1 point aspersion , 14 points left. imo if you are into max min block 4 points in SS and leavign with 10 points.

Note Monstrance can be substitute to used on cape (even if you have no points added) you can just throw 1k silver for free monstrance. Unless that was changed…

Firstly thank you to those who have put your advice forward, it is very appreciated. I should have stated more about my stats before. At present I am going for full SPR, but currently debating splitting it with INT and aiming for around 80 - 100 CON (currently sitting at 40 CON).

I have only done the first two dungeons as a Cleric and I am really enjoying the buffer and support role, so I plan to go into C2 after Chaplain and possibly PD after that. With that being said I am thinking of maxing out Mass Heal to 10 and leaving Stone Skin at level 1 which will be dependant on my high SPR to make it viable. With the points left I am struggling to choose between Aspersion, Revive and Resurrection (all of which I have 1 point in currently).

Quick question about Aspergillum, how useful is it later in the game and is it worth investing the very precious skill points I have left?

Thanks again for the really through and in-depth advise!

I don’t know if the math supports it, but I find Aspergillum (with my Aspersio at 15) gives me a significant boost in my auto-attack damage. That said I have only been a Chaplain a short while, but I did find it helped when I was doing the Demom Prison and Dina Bee Farm areas.

You don’t take Aspersion for the damage. In a party (not in solo of course) Sacramnent+Last Rites out damages it.

Aspersion is for the Def buff mainly or for solo play.

Keep in mind that lvl 1 is only good for PvE… in Team Battle League you get most of the Block from the skill levels. It gives 0.5 Block/SPR there.