Tree of Savior Forum

[Bug] Druid skill "Carnivory" doesn't work on map grass

Date and Time : 07/12/2015

Game Control Mode : Gamepad

Where it happened : East Siliuai Woods, Viltis forest, Forest of Prayer

Bug Description :
Druid skill “Carnivory” doesn’t work on map grass, the feedback is correctly displayed on the grass but no damage is done, I tested this on 3 differents maps : East Siliuai Woods, Viltis forest and Forest of Prayer.
I didn’t test but I suppose “Sterea Trofh” may have the same issue.

Steps to reproduce the issue :

1. Use Druid Skill Carnivory on a grass map (not summonned by Chortasmata)
  2. Pull a monster into it
  3. Watch it do no damage

Video

System

• 2560x1080 resolution (ultra-wide)
  • CPU : Intel® Core™ i7-4860HQ @ 2.40GHZ
  • RAM : 32Go
  • Graphics Card : NVidia Geforce GTX 980M

@Faile,

Thank you for the detailed report. I’ll be sure to forward this to the devs.

You’re welcome,
wish you good luck with all those bugs :wink:

Carnivory can be casted on grass map and they do deal damage on monsters. The video above looks like a bug to me.

The only difference I noticed when I tried mine is field grass are not as sensitive to monsters around them compared to the one casted using Chortasmata aka they might not dmg the monster if they don’t move around. Tho I’m not sure if it’s intended or a bug.

now i don’t have to post about it !!! ~ but just a input the skill works on tenet garden though.

I don’t know when and where you did your test, but I tried various grasses and various monsters making them moves in and out the zone and it never did any damage.

Either something broke or only some map grasses work?

I tested mine about less than 48 hours back. On lower level maps outside of Klapedia as i was exploring and trying out Carnivory on the different types of grasses, up to maps of Level 50 and below only tho. As long as the grass glows like the one from your video they should inflict damage on the monsters. Yours is most likely a bug.

Well that’s weird, I planned to do exactly the same but since the 3 first grasses I tried on east siluai wood didn’t work… I went to viltis forest and forest of prayer to test and it didn’t work too.
We should probably test the same grass to see if it’s really a local bug (affecting only some players) or a global bug (everyone)…

And since i tested mine way before yours. I can’t conclude that mine is bug free now lol. I’ll test mine at the few maps you mentioned when i get back home. You could try the ones around Tenet Garden. If i recall correctly the ones there worked for me back then. Can’t remember what other maps that worked, at that time of testing my purpose was just to see which type of grass it can be casted on and which cant.

Edited : Tested that skill on the maps you mentioned, you’re right. They do no damage to those monsters.

Even Tenet Garden has it own “bug” some area where there are patches of those white grass would vanish as we cast the skill. once it’s over it would re appear .

I’m sure it only does dmg in long swaying grass. I’ve seen a utube clip on this.

It doesn’t work in most of the areas. I’ve seen it working in some low level maps (like Nefritas Cliff), but I tested in some higher level areas and didn’t work at all. Sometimes it doesn’t even work in some long swaying grass.

@WorldisMine maybe the video you saw is this one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bXOH4lvGQBA

Well i was going to post a topic about this but i sure did a search first.
It’s still not gooooood.

they had ONE JOB !!! btw take a video and post it . since this topic was for CBT and now its no longer CBT ( HINT : NOT ENOUGH PEOPLE MAKING NOISE ABOUT THIS )

Well i suck badly i guess i don’t know why but the quality is like horseshit :smiley:

proof

edit : quality seems to be gud now :stuck_out_tongue:
edit 2 : I din’t know but it seems that when you capture with the game F12 it also records your music. Lol.

question about carnivory …when the skill says its cast on you when there is no grass around …does it just mean it is cast around you instantly ? (apologize noob question just interested in the class)

I´m Nuoridin falls now, cast carnivory and no damage enemies. i lost my char lv 175? why IMC ?

Hello @thedoldi! Kindly submit a ticket through our Support regarding this matter and it would be better if you can provide a video as evidence of the problem you are experiencing. :wink: