Tree of Savior Forum

Best summoner class for a new player?

hi all. I am new to this game and want to try a summoner, which is my favorite class in most rpg games.
I don’t know anything about ToS, but it looks like a lot of fun. I don’t understand the class system yet. I tried reading some guides and watching some YouTube vids, but it’s very confusing.

What is the best class combo to pick for PvE-summoner when you are new and don’t have gold for good gear yet?
Also; I like lots of minions/pets more then having the most damage. I mean; more fun for me to have lots of variety in my little army.

Can you please give me advise on a good summoner build for a new player?
Thank you in advance !

Check out this kihseki guide it got everything you need

from my opinion and some uncontrolled testing the best summoner type is hybrid(pyro necro sorc). for the fact that pyro is so good at clearing and buff the minions with enchant fire, and th pyro skill set are the best in game even with low int gear.

you’ll fall short in late game raiding but still one of the best in farming silvers.

necro is bread and butter. sorc is good support to necro.

I reccomend you advance in this order Pyro>Necro>Sorc
for pyro skill is really good at clearing mob and boss then necro to get some fighting minion finish the build with sorc due to the good boss to summon is quite expensive and it dont do much on its own for lvling

for your liking of pure summon army you’ll have to switch bokor instead of pyro but its really weak when it come to bossing and lvling (its sadly for afk-ing mostly…those zombies are not worth it as much as pure flame skill from pyro)

1 Like

Best summoner for beginner is Bokor.

The reason is that both Necromancer and Sorcerer require high-leveled cards for their best summons, Sorcerer being extremely dependent on the more expensive cards like Marnox or Froster Lord.

Bokor has a fluent gameplay where you can decide when and how to use your summons, as it allows you to use the zombies actively for damage (Bwa Kayiman & Damballa) instead of just relying on the A.I. to do the work for you.

It also can cope with lower SPR and weapon matk because you can always explode the zombies with Damballa to deal reasonable AoE damage, an option Sorcerer doesn’t have (Desmodus and Evocation have really low SFRs and higher CD).

Last but not least, don’t forget that both Sorcerer and Necromancer aren’t optimized for the game, their summons will cause huge FPS drops when there are more players on the screen.