Tree of Savior Forum

Best plate armor

Since the Vitorv plate isn’t fully craftable, which plate itens are the best till lolo?
Is full roxona worth it, or there is better scrap parts from other sets?

There’s the 220 white plate armors. Not sure what they’re called off the top of my head but they offer more hp/def the Roxona but lack any of the other bonuses. Whether Roxona is worth it or not is a matter of opinion though.

Grynas Plate set + Roxona Plate Gloves
Superior Royal Guard set

Where do you get Grynas set from. Its not listed as drop on tosbase so thought it was another item not ingame.

You can check the TL;DR, or just ctrl f grynas

I’m a level 229 tank and still use the level 15 chainmail armor because it has 8 con. Defense scales poorly anyway…

thanks for that. /20char

here is your plate armor! https://youtu.be/hHPbN3TFKQ8

You’re wrong about that, Defense is poor if you don’t stack them.

Now with your armor, change it to 220 top/bottom, add in aspersion, use a high def shield. I even receive 1 damage on my level 130 highlander alt in 130 dungeon (vs physicals) because of it.

Maybe, but i still prefer to have as much con in item pieces then a white high level flat def piece.
Also its cheaper to + a low level, and i almost see no difference if you use the pardoner buff

Pretty big for me, not even using plate there, Just rokas leather top and superior bandit pants+asper and without asper
With aspersion Lv15

No aspersion

Thanks for showing the difference :slight_smile:

I’ts about 300 dmg difference, so i would still prefer the extra con for example, lvl 15 armor 8 con, lvl 75 shield 11 con, that alone is already around 1.9k hp so you offer a little defense for hp, wich in my opinion is a good trade since it can also help more against magic damage.

Yes, it isn’t bad, but def overall is better if you already have HP. Also Grynas Plate parts give some mdef

Well then i guess there are two effective ways to handle taking damage ^^ which one is best, i’m not sure… All i can say is my experience on the hp > pdef part worked great for me.

Yes, just don’t be fooled by people saying def is useless/scales poorly, a simple aspersion already gave me a nice boost when I’m not even stacking def yet.

It’s only useless/bad when you can’t stack enough, or when something already hits too hard which I have not experience yet.

1 Like