Tree of Savior Forum

Best classes for fencer?

I was thinking about playing as a fencer and going swordsman->Highlander->Barb 3->Fencer. Does Barbarian seem like it would have good synergy with the fencer class?

Depends what abilities you’ll be using and picking up along the way and how you plan on using the Fencer PvE or PvP wise.

Generally, a good build doesn’t have “failures” (skills that you will no use or classes that doesn’t use the same weapon). By what I see, Barbarian C3 is probably a must have, because [Frenezy] buff and [Cleaver] crit buff which both synergize very well with multiple hits. Peltasta can be a great choice as well, but keep in mind that you will need avoid [Guardian] and [High Guard] because of the attack debuff. Other good choice is Cosair C2 with Double Attack (Secondary weapon attack).

I’ll most likely just be doing PvE

Is any swordsmen class able to wield a secondary weapon?

btw there new attribute for fencer,

Fencer’s ‘Rapier Mastery: Aggression’:

When wearing a Rapier and NOT wearing a Shield, +3% damage to skills per attribute level. (Basic attacks are not increased.)
(Max Level of 5)

thats +15% damage when using skills when not using a shield with Rapier

Ayee. If you’re going high dex, i’d say 1 point in guardian just for it’s attribute. Gives +18% evasion.

A question. Fencer already have its 0s spammable skill. What is the reason you classified Corsair C2 as a good choice?

I think it’s because of Corsair C2 has a skill called Double Weapon Assault which can help to stack Level 5 Frenzy from Barbarian. It’s still better to go Swordsman > Swordsman > Barbarian > Barbarian > Barbarian > Fencer though in my opinion instead of seeking Corsair C2.

If you tried to go for Corsair C2 to grab Double Weapon Assault, you’d end up with Swordsman > Swordsman > Barbarian > Barbarian > Corsair > Corsair. You’d end up essentially with only having a max of 5 levels in Frenzy from Barbarian instead of 10. Level 10 Frenzy is a lot more important due to that it gives +20 Attack Per Stack, and you can stack it up to 20 times. 20 x 20 is around a 400 bonus. Which is a good bonus for anyone who wants to spam melee abilities/needs more burst/needs more damage on basic attacks.