Tree of Savior Forum

[ASK] Equipment For my PVE Dragoon

As title say, i want to ask what equipment should i use as a PVE Dragoon? (currently level 170)

What spear should i use? Catacomb pike/ brandish/ magas spear?

What Bracelet should i use? 2xSissel Bracelet/ 2x gladiator Band or mix?

Build is:
Swordman > Peltasta > Hoplite > Hoplite > Hoplite > Dopplesoeldner > Dragoon

For my stat allocation it will be 50-100 Con (wasnt sure about this either) and the rest go to Str

Thanks!!

Sissel, you need crit rate

Get at least two of those spears,
Cata+Brandish or Cata+Maga Spear

Thanks, how about the stat? Should i go 50 con or 100 con?

I suggest 100, you’ll be able to benefit more from your DOV that way since HP covers your defense lost from dov

Okay thanks for the help!

With the way defense works in this game, a bit CON wont cover up for having zero defense.

Taking Blue Spion Archer as a famous example

• having around 600 damage
  • using spiral arrow, dont know its level though ppl claim to almost get oneshotted i think its would belevel 5
  • then someone made a test which looks to be accurate to say monsters have a damage mulitplicator in the range of 3 to 5 with their attacks ( Damage Calculate(PDEF and MDEF) )

so
your def = 600, that would be (600atk - 600def) * 5 as damage multi * 6 as spiral arrow = 30 damage recieved
your def = 300, 300 * 5 * 6 = 9000 damage recieved
your def = 0, 600 * 5 * 6 = 18000 damage recieved

would still almost kill a swordie with 100 con and 0 zero def, as long as these findings are correct. though thats a big if i cant comment on.

def isn’t totally 0 as a reminder he’s taking a dop1>dragoon build, so even a bit more con like 100 helps for that matter.

so your 2nd formula should be taken into consideration, and don’t forget plate benefits.

defense with DOV5 should be somewhere around 400-500 assuming correct gears(I might be wrong here because I haven’t tested asperion+dov interaction)

As for gears i will aiming for grynas plate set and maybe vitrov plate set in the future?

As for grynas, should i use 4 plates or just 3 plates and get another glove plate?

You have many choices, make virtov your last priority since it eats dungeon runs, so if you don’t have things like petamion yet prioritize that.

as for your choices:
4 Grynas parts
Grynas Top + Bottom + Greaves, then use Roxona Plate Gauntlets when you need AoE ratio

Thx again for the reply.

First, sorry maybe i am necroing my own topic. But i have further questions here.

1. Should i also get elkosh set for extra MDEF?

2. What Gem should i use on both my Weapons and armors (Plate and Cloth too) ?

Thx

I’ve never used cloth, I strongly suggest sticking to Grynas if you need a little mdef, you won’t have cloth bonus, but you’ll have HP, which also helps a little on magic, while having a nice resistance/def vs physical attacks.

Gems, IMO weapons should always be green, armors use HP ones or mdef ones. I think they’re red and blue respectively, but you don’t really need to gem those in unless you’re rich.

Thx again for the reply. if i remember correctly blue gem only give 1 extra mdef per gem level right?

Also, 1 more question between brandish and maga spear, which one is better for PVE Dragoon?

Thx

I like maga spear better for all around use, then brandish if you need AoE ratio, I’m not sure if the Large bonus from brandish affects bosses though.

I read somewhere that say brandish large type bonus also applied to bosses.

Tested, it apply to bosses.

Any opinion on brandish or maga spear?

Usually maga spear is used for pvp or mobbing, while brandish is more for bossing. Idk i think its a personnal preference i like the 24 str, the block pen and the + attack on large mob / boss. Im only 203 atm dopel, ill prolly use the cata spear more when i hit dragoon. But personally i like brandish a lot. Ide like to apologize @Lostac for i sin… yes i switched from fencer to goon…for now…might go back to fencer when rank 8 hit.