Tree of Savior Forum

Anyone think that game be p2w after release?

hey!
anyone think tree of savior be pay to win after release?
i real no have problem with cash shop and i will buy items there but i no want buy items for limit time
like set for 30days (cant permanent) i mean i buy from cash shop only permanent items no limited time
anyone think that game be p2w like need pay every Month for be strong or anything like that?
i hope cash shop not make pepole over over power after that release and give chance for free users for be strong:)
i real like that game its amazing game and i real no want its be pure pay to win…

so what do you think its be pure pay to win?
free to play with friendly cash shop?

Based on this:

And:

And:

I’m guessing it won’t be p2w.

Depends on your definition of p2w.

If anything is tradeable in the cash shop, then its always slightly p2w. You could just sell cash shop goodies for silver, and use that silver to buy the best gear (since the best gear is tradeable atm), it’d be very pricey, but I think everyone is okay and used to this level of p2w.

But otherwise, no, I don’t think it’ll be p2w.

2 Likes

paid user? mind some enlightenment?

server by IMC
maybe not

server by Publisher
hard to say…

Seems obvious tho.
Paying user is an user who buy stuff on the cash shop.

If it’s cosmetics, char slots, change name, resets, I’m ok with it :wink:
Just don’t put Items on the cash shop

1 Like

Still throwing money at the game regardless.

4 Likes

Ya once I get to a high enough level buying customs that define my character is not a problem for me but any item that will give an advantage to paid users is very unbalanced. If the item can be grabbed in game by normal means then I wouldn’t mind, but for that just sell gold for cash and let the player based economy determine the prices of items through the auction house.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

1 Like

yes i think too much about p2w Because my friends no want play p2w with me i already say i will buy then that game release
but my friends never buy and if cash make pepole super op my friends never play that game :frowning: and i no like to play solo:(

It doesn’t matter to me if a game is play to win or not. If I enjoy it, I will play it. I personally don’t mind games that are play 2 win. I understand that not everyone had disposable income but I generally just don’t care what sort of business model this game adapts. I’ll play it.

I don’t understand why people don’t just wait till the game is released and see if it’s pay to win or now? I don’t understand the point of making threads that will just start debates and fights.

The game is free to play that means there isn’t any barrier to entry meaning if you don’t like the game and/or it’s model you can quit without losing a cent. At least wait for them to show a cash shop in one of the closed betas.

It’s doesn’t really matter if it’s Pay 2 Win. If the game is good in all aspects, fluid storyline, active and engaging community etc. you’ll stuck like a glue. There are more bits to enjoy than just worrying about the Pay 2 Win genre.

They’ve put seemingly too much effort into the game to make it “P2W” anywhere near the Launch date. Maybe going down the line sure, there’s a good chance you’ll see something like +100% EXP Boosters or +Fortification chance in there, but you have awhile before the thought/worry of it even matters.

Should be more worried about your regional Publisher making it P2W straight from the gate, if you’re in a country that’s assigned one.

This is one of my greatest fears for the game - even something like EXP potions on release = P2W, being able to reach the highest echelons of the game first comes with a massive advantage that you can exploit.

Another Asian cash shop staple is having items that protect or enhance your chance to +1 items, also massively p2w.

Let’s hope these kinds of things aren’t added… but we’ll see.

It’s doesn’t really matter if it’s Pay 2 Win. If the game is good in all aspects, fluid storyline, active and engaging community etc. you’ll stuck like a glue. There are more bits to enjoy than just worrying about the Pay 2 Win genre.

It does, it really really does - especially for people who enjoy the competitive aspect of newly released MMOs. Not to mention any sort of PvP.

If theres a cash shop with tradeable items, then there will be p2w.

Someone buys 15x bow ties, sells them on auction for in-game currency and voila.

I really hope they add a montly fee subscription and leave cash shop be so everything becomes fair, everyone has to work equally.
Feeling the joy to earn your own credit and not being lazy letting your wallet in real life do all the work.

Honestly, i feel quite tired of finding gear that you already know has less than 3 copper value because there already exists about 50 epics for 1 gold each. It ruins the fun, a great game should be very poor so everything you find feels like it has some sort of value, thats what makes true joy in mmorpgs, there arent many left tho, most are ruined from cash shops.
Its a pity it might happen to this beautiful game aswell,
Just my opinion.

Personally, I really didn’t care much about it actually since I never took it seriously. Played few MMO’s that were focused around Pay 2 Win before and had fun with it without spending a single dime. Mostly because of the fun community and the good things about the game, the Pay 2 Win never really stuck to me anyway. About the PvP, it has always been broken in any MMO’s that I’ve played, including ToS so I could say it’s not always that satisfying to me.

1 Like

What they probably plan is that paid users won’t even need to exert much effort in getting the epic grinded gears while those who don’t pay will have to work for those. Well at least I hope it won’t be excessively grindey smth like grinding a whole year or 3 months on a specific place just for a massive amount of components or something :frowning:

Every F2P game is P2W it’s just a matter of how much P2W. I mean even XP pots in a game like this is P2W. People may argue otherwise but tell me that a week in when i’m 100 levels above you and stomping you in the arena and in PvE levels ;p