Tree of Savior Forum

Any Good Archer Updates?

Lately i’ve just been hearing about changes in melee and mages but what about archers, have they gone through a change,how are they with dps vs mages and melee now?

Yes, we haven’t been nerfed.

I think that’s all.

Archer’s gotten a ton of buffs since iCBT as a tree in general.

Check out the Archer section here.

Now, Bows do not have an attack property meaning they won’t get a penalty on their normal attacks based on the enemy’s armor type, but this also means they get no bonus.

Instead, Archers now take advantage of armor types through using their skills, and some skills have an additional bonus vs certain armor types.

Also, a lot of skills were rebalanced recently, but not all the information is known. Mainly the values for a lot of skills have been adjusted, so data for skills on fansites might be wrong for now. Some skills may have gotten weaker or stronger.

Yeah but those are more on the “minor adjustments/balancing” scale. I don’t recall reading about any big changes like the nerfs for barbarian or the new skills for the necromancer.

Yeah, there’s not been many new skill additions for Archer classes, outside of Split Arrow for Scout.

Though, the Archer classes on a whole are nicely balanced now after that weapon update, so they’ve not had to add or remove much skills to fix a class or balance them.

Their main drawback used to be lack of damage-type variety, but now that’s been fixed.

Ignoring the damage type defense bonus’s is better then a “minor adjustment”

If you think in the power aspect it is a minor adjustment, from what I’m reading they only shifted the bonuses from the weapons to the skills.
I agree with it being a major improvement in usability, but stats wise it was something that archers already had access to when changing weapons.

If you care about the pet classes in the archers tree, I believe there were changes to companions.

It’s a bit more than that imo because how I understand the skills got bonus against some type of armor BUT those skills didn’t get the penalties too… So actually Archers have no penalties against armors just bonuses with skills. I dunno/care if it’s minor or not but sounds nice to me.

This whole stuff about “monster size” is so stupid, it was stupid on RO, and they put it here too.
I understand armour types but enemy size…gee cut the crap.
Those bow upgrades are so stupid.
Good thing they buffed the atk based on armor.

Lol I don’t think that this feature is dumb to be honest. it makes sense for me.

good archer update?

1 Like

Lets imagine that you are the only survivor of a airplane crash in a savanna like biome. With that in mind, you can imagine how many “animals”(monsters) types you will find. After the crash you scavenge from the debris a Hunting Knife and a tiny semi-auto pistol. You are hungry as hell, there no food you can find, you will have to hunt. Luckily you find a sleeping mammal near you, lets say, a giraffe(none will eat a giraffe, but for the sake of this lets imagine you will), no matter its size, its 3m or 1m in size, your knife won’t harm its skin because its “hard leather” is as the name says. So it would be proper to damage it, with your pistol. Not really far from there, you also find a Rhino and an Elephant, one is a baby, another is an adult, and both cannot be pierced or slash by your weapons, because they have a really thick leather, so it would be wise to hunt them, no matter what size are they, newborn(small) or adult(big). Now lets face smaller creatures: You had mercy on the sleeping mammals and then you came to a slow walking armadillo, its as big as the size of your head (really small then, its not personal, its for the sake of this), and you remember how many cultures eat them, but you don’t know how to hunt them, you try to stab its tiny shell, nothing happens besides the armadillo curls into his defensive stance, and you my friend are really pissed because that tiny creature is defying your hungriness and take you pistol and start shooting it: they all bounce, barely making a scratch on its shell.
some eg:

http://listverse.com/2013/11/17/10-animals-with-amazing-super-skin/

So what i’m trying to say:
Stupid size doesn’t matter, the strongest armor on earth is from a Beetle that is as tiny as an Ant and can be hard as diamond(not really, but is the hardest organic ever found):

Your weapon wont be effective no matter your size against its size.
“ah but i’m a mid sized human killing a small sized onion so i deal 100%, but if i’m fighting another human, my damage will be 75% because its taller than the onion”
Think about this:
Put a kevlar on the onion and on a human. Both will have the same armor.
How shoot about them with an arrow from 10m away.
Who will get the most damage ?
None, because arrows cannot penetrate heavy armor.
mimimi player : But the onion is smaller it takes 25% more damage.
me to this: bullshit.

ps: Nothing personal guys, IMO, they could put effort into something else instead of this crap.

This… this is the best update I’ve ever seen for Archer Multi Shot… Now I actually have a reason to make an archer again since before it was kinda pointless and at least for me, difficult to decide which class path to go.

In general, there’s been a lot of new attributes and attribute changes, but they’ve been poorly documented in the patch notes that they get missed.

There’s probably some other ‘hidden’ gems, such as Scout’s Cloaking attribute which increases movement speed, coupled with Rogue’s Backstab attribute which causes the skill to hit 4 times if it was a critical hit from behind.

One word bro “GAME” anything can happen to a game and I did said that it make sense to me, because I’ve been use to it since RO1 where some weapons and skills will depend on the size of the monster so it’s really not that big deal for me. :stuck_out_tongue:

lol I agree. Video game is a world which is intentionally made to comply with our fantasies. Such world should not always abide by the law of physics because we want a utopia which can never be achieved in the real-life.

Moreover, video game is a world of mechanic; it’s a game with rules, numbers, and limits; it’s a sport. No offense, @lorde_viana, mate, but sometimes I am confused with people who want video games to be unnecessarily realistic. Actually there is a game called The Sims which is simulating real life situation and, still in that game, we do not have to spend real 24 hours to finish an in-game day.

I hope video game players realize this and hopefully TOS players will not go on wishing that the characters should eat regularly and have a shower, or that the non-fletcher archers should buy arrows.

Cheers and let’s go back to the topic. Size (mechanic-wise) is perfect as it is. It is not crap.