Tree of Savior Forum

Any 2 HandSword Shinobi out there?

I’m trying to build a Sw-High3-Barb-Sw2&3 or Dopp1&2-Shinobi but the flower is hindering my progress. I want an alternative 2h build besides Doppel (I’m a big hater of DoV), so I came up with the build. But like I said the retarded flower is hindering me.

Anything that is not Doppel3, Fencer3, Shinobi-Murm, Dragoon2 on the swordsman tree will be subpar on DPS right now. But really it’s up to the player what style he plays, because meta changes, there will come a time that those meta swordsman build will fall off.

1 Like

I have SW3>Barb>High3>Shinobi and I’m really enjoying it. Skull Swing+Crown+Cleave+Moulinet+Double Slash with Bunshin is a beastly burst combo. Great solo rushing build for 290 and in Saalus all bosses die in 1 Bunshin combo. Lacking in other areas because of low AOE and Bunshin setup time. Keep at it and good luck with the flower.

@kazamatenkai

I think you’ll be fine with rushes/saalus and questing (casual content). Personally though I wouldn’t invest too heavily into that build unless rank 9 comes and saves it or one day they decide to give Cyclone to clones. I mean Shinobi offers nothing to Doppels and with Doppel3 being 1 of if not the highest DPS in game means you’re always 1 step behind no matter what you do. If you just wanted a Doppelnobi no matter what and don’t care as much about maximizing your DPS then carry on, you’ll be fine with casual content and that 50-60% mark you mentioned sounds about right.

1 Like

Great to hear that. I’m really itching on trying it that’s why I came back to the game.

This is why I’m considering Doppel2 instead of Sw3, but PB15 is too hard to let go.

Devs might add more skills to copy by clones (as they have did with High and Rode) so there is no futureproofing Shinobis. Which is why class reset every once in a while is needed in this game (I was so against it before but changes being made really affects us players by that much)

Doppelnobi looks good on paper but without max Pain Barrier you’ll have to decide between getting knocked around during Bunshin meaning clones go to waste, or getting knocked down and canceled during Cyclone since you’ll only have enough uptime on PB for 1 or the other. Having experienced both problems enough times, I can assure you it will annoy the hell out of you :slight_smile:

Having several swordsman variation with only PB5, I can definitely agree with you. My Sw3-Hop3-Goon2 feels heavenly, and with proper support I can just poke away all day long. :joy:

@Stormrider Really thanks for your inputs. I really apreciate.

@Artreides Yes, on my post that I cite, I tell just about that, about how anyone who dont take last circles or Murmillo/Lancer, end up being far behind, so this has broken the Multibuilds for many classes, that now have to follow a unique path in order to dont be bad. For example, even if DoppelShinobi is not so good, still much better than Sword3 at the end.

In fact I cited that on a recent post too, on a sugestion to save shinobi class.

On this post I cite that Shinobi is bound to choose murmillo, so probably the most part of Shinobis on this game are Shinobi-Murmillo. A new class for 2 handed sword with the same amount of DPS as Murmillo, Doppel C3 could save Shinobi even without use Bushin. Could save even Templar that have any DPS.

On the build I planned I was thinking about do SW3 - H1 - B1 - D2 - Shinobi, because Pain barrier. I think I will do that, because is the only build that will make me still play ToS with full engage. I mean, ShinoDoppel.

Im glad there is someone else out there that is also doing 2 handed Shinobi. I have almost the same variation, but instead of Barb, I have Pelt.

I enjoy it so much. Don’t forget Bunshin + Cross Guard makes Kunai such a bursty skill, it’s crazy.

Murmillo is nice and all, but there are still many combinations for a shinobi to go.
Meta be damned! It isn’t everything.

I can thank rank reset for that :stuck_out_tongue: otherwise I’d still be stuck with a Pirate Ninja and not even the good kind.

1 Like

Kinda interested in this too, I’m currently a 2h-sword shinobi too and wondering what other 2h-sword shinobi builds are out there.

Sw3hl3barb1 shinobi sounds deadly :smiley:

@Stormrider How strong is the damage from Double Slash with bunshins and crit in bleeding targets? I haven’t been able to figure out how much damage Double Slash gets from bleeding targets.

For bosses I believe it would be. :smiley: but the damn flower ain’t showing up.

If they haven’t changed it, it’s only a measly 200 additional flat damage.

Like Artreides said, it hasn’t changed. It’s nothing at all like the Skyliner boost after bleeding. Still a decent skill. On the 290 flying boss I’m doing 13k per hit after Cleave. After 3 overheats with clones you’re looking at around 450k damage. Not bad for a rank 3 skill. I can try on cloth or at least non ghost armor targets and post results if you like.

Ooh, how much damage do you do with crown + moulinet and skyliner in comparison to double slash? Nice to hear about double slash, kinda hard to find information about double slash. Interesting info on what I’m missing out, thanks!

On the same boss, Moulinet does 25K crits on average. 4 hits X clones = 600K damage. Skyliner does 15K per hit after bleeding. Damage after all debuffs applied.

Weapon: Gale Slasher stage 3 with lv6 yellow gems.

Attributes:
Moulinet: 70%
Skyliner: 50%
Double Slash: 60%

Nice numbers there, thank you for the information ~

Isn’t moulinet 5 hits though?

Completely forgot to ask, with those numbers, do you go more DEX or more STR?

Oops you are absolutely right. That makes it 750k damage then. Thanks for the correction.

@4lkruzeth
I’m almost full DEX, pumped 50 into STR.

Nice~

Do you ever use crossguard in your build? Also interested if attributes of skills are also copied onto your bunshins? (eg. If you use moulinet with 50% enhance, will your bunshins use moulinet with 0% or 50% enhance?)

EDIT: kinda noticing I’m hijacking this thread for my own questions, I’ll stop asking after this one.

@4lkruzeth This thread is about 2 handSword Shinobi. Feel free to ask whatever come from your dark mind.
I dont ask anything else because I already decided what I’m going to do.

With high evasion Cross Guard becomes hard to proc so I left it at lv1. I don’t really use it with this char.

The clones do take attributes into account, their damage is always in line with my own.