Allowing multiple accounts destroy the integrity of this game

Its a feature :tired:

2 Likes

ignorance is a bliss, my friend.

1. never inspect someone’s equipment
  2. turn off [show other people’s dmg]
    the greedier they are, the faster their fun playing this game running out
1 Like

i always hated the fact how you could abuse multiple accounts in english versions.

2 Likes

The solution is simple:

• Make every event item team-storage only and untradeable with other accounts.

• Don’t hand out event tokens that give trade counts (this is already somewhat adopted).

The issue with the blessed shards in halloween event happened because IMC made the blessed shard box untradeable, but not the blessed shards obtained from it untradeable as well.

If the shards were untradeable as well, it wouldn’t have been an issue. You wouldn’t be able to get high trans levels because you’d have only 7 gems on each account (seperated between them), and you wouldn’t be able to trade back and forth your weapon with the new accounts (losing 2 potential) without also having to buy a real token to do so (wouldn’t be worth it). Plus, transcended weapons are already untradeable.

If the event reward value is much much higher than the cost of a token and the loss of 2 potential for an equipment (i.e. an event that gives not 3 but 20 diamon anvils), then the solution is making said rewards also turn your enchanced item into untradeable.

I don’t see the “one person opening two clients on diff computers and doing an instance with himself” as a problem. In fact, there’s no way to differentiate that from two people playing on two pcs on the same LAN network.

Players going AFK with the new dungeon system (a.k.a. toxic behaviour) is an entirely different matter.

5 Likes

The multi account problem is literally applied to most MMO games. I’m not defending IMC but it’s stupid if IMC is the only blame. Being in Steam, there should be restrictions for clone/smurf accounts that only has one MMO game and never spent money in it…

I mean even things like the Lucky Clover event (which takes virtually no effort) hand out a ton of enchant scrolls, albeit untradeable. Obviously with many pre-existing accounts, you get so many free rolls on headgear. You can then sell the decently rolled ones (you can see that on the marketboard right now) or transfer the really good ones to use on your main. It also affects the worth of the enchant scrolls, which is linked to the TP shop. Getting free enchant scrolls (a reasonable amount anyways) is a really nice treat though, and I’d hate to see IMC discontinuing these kinds of events in the future because of abuse.

I guess the scenario where a person opens up multiple clients to do dungeons by himself isn’t that big of an issue since it’s more time efficient to farm dungeons in a group after the rework anyways. But what about the person queuing up for a group run but taking along an afk alt? I see that occasionally in Saalus now and I expect that would appear in dungeons (since the rework make the dungeon rewards system more like Saalus’). Does IMC even take action on afk farmers?

They just need to weigh out the value of the rewards they are giving through events in comparison to the value of what you lose actually doing those trades.

Are they giving out enough enchant scrolls to make up for the price of a real token? Hats potential have very little value so that’s something important to consider.

If they wanted to take the “safe route”, they could just make every anvil / enchant scroll / gem / anything they give out through events make your items untradeable. It could make events slightly less motivating to do but surely closes a lot of open doors for exploiters.

Many mmorpgs suffer this problem when they make you party with random people you don’t know. There are many different ways to tackle this:

• Is the instance too easy to the point players can AFK and have others complete it for them? A possible solution is making the instance much harder so that it requires full group effort to finish (otherwise everyone fails).

• Are players still getting rewarded even if they go afk? some games implement “afk timers” where players simply stop getting loot if they don’t communicate with the server for too long (other games just kick their players out!)

• Is the party group keeping members behind? Some players are just slower than others, not everyone has the same player skill. Sometimes players deemed “afk” or “lazy” are just trying to catch up with the party but everyone else is killing the boss way too fast. A possible solution is to add “group up here” checkpoints in a similar manner to how Warframe adds doors that requires 2 different players to open them to be able to proceed.

• Should we give bonuses to players that “work harder” than others? Some games implement bonus rewards to those who deal most dps in instances. It’s more motivating for players to attack if they actually get something in return for their effort. This may be a double-edged sword, however. If bonuses are too rewarding, this can stimulate toxic behaviour! (i.e. try to screw up with your other party members to achieve highest dps).

Sadly IMC is hardly tackling this problem in any way right now (aside from giving necros summons lifetime duration).

2 Likes

IMO, ironically, the loot system we have right now in dungeons already addresses this issue. By splitting up the silver/loot, it makes multiboxing in dungeons kind of pointless. Since you are allowed limited instance runs per day, you’d want to solo anyways to maximize what you get out of your runs. Forcing you to stay in range to get exp/loot also addresses the afking problem (and since they’re moving anyways, they might as well get a few shots in).

It feels like they’re changing this for the sake of change, or maybe want to “gently nudge” people to group up, even for trivial farming content?

And they are changing to a new system in Rank 9 where all exp and loot are given after boss kill and everyone gets the same amount always. Which means multi accounts and afkers can leech without moving.

Who gives a ■■■■? Stop taking this game so seriously and comparing your numbers to other peoples’ numbers. Literally none of this matters. The only reason to care about how geared someone else is is in PVP and guess what? PVP is busted as ■■■■ anyway.

7 Likes

Make tokens untradeable.

So the game definitely dies.
10/10 suggestion :smile:

2 Likes

JTOS already has untradeable tokens from day one

Multi account thing is plague of every MMORPG played in West pretty much

You cant do anything against it unless you make requirement to have real phone number during registration and sending sms to activate.

What would still not stop multi accounts anyway as they woud just go buy batch of cheap 2 Euro(dollars, whatever) Local Mega Store phone cards and swap them around in mobile to register all accounts they want

I sayed so since day 1 game should stayed buy to play, that would at least make it more resistant to botters, gold sellers. And if they insist on having free to play option than those players should be restricted from anything (including buying premium items from auction house) which could affect economy until they buy the game.
It kinda works for other online games.

Edit: Making content harder to stop botters/multi accounts will not help at all, I seen way more complicated MMORPG than this (full 3D world with flight, daytime cycle and weather altering spawns (translating shit ;3) also open PvP but that could be overided by joining neutral faction, all botts were always neutral ) having literal bot armies farming world bosses. And those bosses needed really good organized multi party to take down. They were farming them like trash mobs eventualy with sheer power of 24/7 grinding endless gold to buy best gear and than monopolizing world bosses forever.

1 Like

Actually, that’s not exactly like that. Even if you exclude player feelings over other players. There’s a few reasons this type of thing affects overall gameplay:

1. Just like AFK Necros back then - heavily affects game economy. As more people starts doing it the overall prices adapts and you start to get behind, which means, you have to put more effort due to people putting less effort than you by using other ways (which is actually fine, unless there’s a problem with the way - and we’re discussing exactly that).

2. Overall gameplay value is lost because the game is already too easy. Sure, who cares if people using multiple account quits because they got bored/tired? Right? Nope. If you force other players to adapt to something like this to be able to afford gears they should be able to without, you’re reducing overall gameplay value of a big part of the playerbase.

3. Gear requeriment. I’m not here to talk bad or good about servers, but let’s take a look at SEA servers where it’s known to have more RMT and bots and etc. Having Stage 10 weapons is far more common than in NA servers. If the common gear a player should have is too high-end there’s a big gap to new players which gets excluded from content they should be able to actually clear.

Sure, they’re all subjective reasons and there’s far more if you search. But isn’t overall game quality along with consumer/player satisfaction usually around subjective lines anyway?

If you don’t feel you have a place in the in-game community nor can catch up, you just end up quitting - and that’s the main problem of having issues like the one on this topic.

5 Likes

Not really, because it doesn’t inherently pump more silver into the game. At least not until the changes to dungeons silver rewards but IDK how much that will effect it. It’ll be a small impact even at its worst compared to 24/7 siphoning silver out of bee farm with no effort and inflating everything.

How? If someone is just multiboxing and farming dungeons with their alts all day you will basically never see them. Hell I stopped doing dungeons ages ago because they just bore the ■■■■ out of me so now I rarely even see other players. Just don’t invite those people to your guild or whatever if it bothers you.

This is only a problem if IMC is retarded and balances game difficulty around whales, botters, etc. Currently that isn’t the case, there’s not really anything in the game that requires even half decent gear to clear. (Although it does feel like they “balanced” attribute costs etc. around the bot-and-afk-farmer inflated economy considering how much silver you have to dump into some of this shit.)

This is not what I meant. Pure silver isn’t the only issue.

If you have too much silver, for example. You can buy all Diamond Anvils from market and it’s price will go insanely high (50m in SEA servers x 20m in Klaipeda, as example).

But overall gameplay is the same in both servers which means new players are really excluded from the Diamond Anvil market when they need to farm 50m out of the blue.

Sure, not all players needs Diamond Anvils, right? So instead of excluding 30% that can’t afford we can just make another 30% not afford and make it up to 60% that can’t afford them.

Same for super-rare hats. If it’s sold-on-sight at, for example, 40m simply because someone has too much silver to buy those, players with less silver will never be able to afford those hats simply because someone buys them first and that will always put the price high.

Sure, it CAN happen naturally. But multiple accounts and other ways makes the problem worse. Especially when it comes to alt accounts being bots to feed mains or AFK necro “armies”.

I agree, they will never be a directly problem to you. Which is fine. But they do affect you indirectly simply because they use the market. They don’t just keep getting silver and save it for themselves nor only spends on silver sinks.

And I’m not talking about IMC here. I’m talking about community. It can and does happens sometimes, for example, for players to be excluded even while having decent enough gears.

For example, let’s take ET parties. While nowadays it’s too easy it used to require members to have high-end gears to clear properly. What happens here? Players over-estimate the needed gear due to the “common gear everyone should have” and excludes who doesn’t meet - even if their gear actually can clear the content.

This can force the new-ish players to make multiple accounts or other things simply to be able to participate or buy things they need and it’s a bad thing.

Just look at how many people are making multiple accounts to farm with base camp + SR + buffs.

Why did this start? Because some group of people started doing it first, right? They started getting so much silver that it’s almost not worth for you to farm with a single account.

Can you see how this can make an infinite loop of problems?

If such a system gets introduced, you have to counterbalance it for non-DPS builds,though, like e.g. divide the total Damage by +1 for every Red&Purple Circle Class in the build (if you have a build with only green&yellow circles [e.g. Cleric>Priest>Pardoner>Oracle>Taoist], you have a division factor of 1, if you have 2 red circles [e.g. Cleric>Priest>Monk>Inquisitor], you have a division factor of 3).
Base Class Circles should not count and Rodelero should become a red Circle[still strange that it remained blue although the Class is 100% offensive],though, to make it fair.

Sadly, they would have to balance the classes first for this. Rod and Pelt went high DPS as blue because of Murm, but Cleric has had it way worse. One of the hardest hitting class in Cleric is Plague Doctor and it’s green, so I imagine this color DPS calculation will give them sky-high score.

This topic was automatically closed after 60 days. New replies are no longer allowed.