Tree of Savior Forum

Alche C2 in need of guidance

Ok, for starters, I didn’t play on iCBT1/2 so I lack major knowledge about the game (just found out about this game last week :frowning: ). With that said, I still did some research, but would greatly appreciate it if you could point me the right direction. Yeah?

1. What do you think about the build? Should I go pyro c3 or cryo c3?
  2. Thought of taking linker c1 as early as I can so I can dish out AOE dmg early. (again, lack of info on this part)
  3. I heard/read that pyro doesn’t go well with linker, is this correct?
  4. If there is a better build out there focused on survival of the Alche.

If you want to survive, you should rather play CC/support : Cryo C3, Linker C2+ or Thauma C2… Adding Psychokino could be nice (there is an interesting combo with ice wall)

There were a lot of pyrolinker in CBT2. They used a fireball+hangman knot combo.

Here what I’m roughly planning : http://www.tosbase.com/tools/skill-simulator/build/jzqk5cf7wg/
You could call that an aggressive psyalchemist :blush:

psycho sounds interesting. Maybe I should go Wiz -> Cryo -> Psycho c3 -> Alche c2

I would recommend you to start with checking out this thread is you didn’t already:

https://forum.treeofsavior.com/t/guide-mage-builds-general-discussion/125788

It does have some nice build suggestions and analysis of different classes.

As of the build you’re suggesting - in terms of classes pyro works fine with linker although the class choice kinda depends on your play style - if you plan on playing solo or with a company.

About the skills - personally I wouldn’t level Earthquake to 5 as imo it is a waste of points if you take linker. This skill knocks up your enemies and pushes them away from you, which often breaks the link because of the distance. I would leave Earthquake on 1 for the utility if needed, and put the remaining points into Sleep. It’s not very important, but just a suggestion.

Also for a pyro I would put at least one point into Enchant Fire especially if you plan on using rod + dagger. If I remember correctly from cbt2, the dagger will add damage once to your main attack + damage to the Fire property part of attack from Enchant fire, unless they changed something. I didn’t play on kobt, so please correct me if I’m wrong here :<

1 Like

Yeah, did check that. That’s where I got the idea for making my alche. Since in that spread sheet, most alche builds include pyro. I was hoping to get more info about skills.

Thanks for the recom. I do see your point about EQ’s effect on linked enemies. Hope I could test this out myself. but alas, not 'til “soon.”

actually having second thoughts on pyro now. lols. so many classes, so many choices. will do more reading sometime. :smiley:

I think i will need to revise the build suggestion for alchemist in the spreadsheet. It was base on iCBT.
Due to lv220+ content and 3 stars map.
Game meta focus to dungeon
Buff of Wizard C3

Pyro C2 could be difficult to bring you up upon lv200.
Linker C2 is what make you to be absorbed in party easily.
Wiz C3 > Linker C2 > Alchemist C2 if you have stick with good friend party. The share quick cast and unstoppable cast thru linker C2.
Wiz C3 > Elementalist C2 > Alchemist C2 if you solo more and aim quick leveling.
Pyro C2 hardly carry you in Alchemist C2 phase, and Pyro C3 + Linker C1 barely do that.

was checking out Psycho and Elem. Good stuff there, I’m considering Wiz C3 - Elem C2 myself. Then after this I was swimming through Alche or Warlock. lols. Need to read more and find out what I really wanna roleplay before IOBT starts. excited

Thank you for all the input BTW. really appreciate it

Do u think that Pyro C3 (+ Linker C1?) or Wiz C3 + Ele C2, will be able to “make it” on late game? Or i’ll stuck in some point and can’t go any further? I’m going to go Alch C3 for sure but somewhere i’ve seen that on Rank 9 we will be able to take Enchanter (or something like that). I know that there is nothing sure and so many things can change but I hoped that Pyro C3 would scale quite well (not great but well) and i’d be able to have Alch C3 and future Enchanter on same champ.

Problem is that almost everyone says that Pyro C3 is ain’t good choice and im not sure if Wiz 3 Ele C2 (or Pyro C3) will take me above C7 so i’ll be forced to take there another offensive class.

Yeah, read somewhere that pyro doesn’t scale well late game. Cryo as well, damage wise, except that it has freeze and CCs are always welcome late game. So, you could go either Cryo c2 - Elem C2 or Cryo c3 - Elem c1. Or just stick to Wiz c3 - Elem c2. Personally, might go with the last one unless they make some changes on the other lower ranked classes which I doubt, but who knows right? The other build I’m kinda looking at involves Psycho, but I’m not sure how it’ll look like.

I try to analyze each valid path 1 by 1.

1. Wizard C3 > Linker C2 > Alchemist C2
    I think the best way to leveling in Rank6 - Rank7 is party dungeon, the exp is much much much more lucrative than open maps farming.
    For this particular purpose, I think this build supportive role is probably the best, you can share buff thru Linker C2 or share your quick cast, everyone will like you. You will have a bit of harder time until Rank5, but better time in R6 to R7 for partying.

2. Wizard C1 > Pyro C2 > Linker C2 > Alchemist C2
    Alternative to above, you sacrify QuickCast buff (not so important) for better life in C2 to C4, you will struggle a bit in C5 but not that bad.

3. Wizard C1 > Pyro C3 > Linker C1 > Alchemist C2
    Compare to above, you gain better solo ability until C5, but lesser Party ability which is actually important in C6 to C7.
    You will need good friends / guild to carry you across the bottleneck.

4. Wizard C3 > Elementalist C2 > Alchemist C2
    A weaker version of Elementalist C3 without Frost Cloud, actually pretty much weaker, you will face pretty the same situation as Pyro C3.
    You will need good friends / guild to carry you across the bottleneck.

Some path will fading across the time, some path will remain useful.
But as Full Alchemist for crafting purpose, i only think the max Rank 8 is probably the final destination, which I think the party ability > solo ability.

1 Like

I like the first one provided that you get some good party members or better yet, friends who are good at what they do and help you out with farming. I can also see this working in sync with Enchanter, tho that’s just base on the assumption that Enchanter’s skills buff other player’s, I don’t know, weapons and armors and maybe disenchant (debuff) monsters and/or other players. But then again, we’ll have to wait and see what can they actually do.

Edit:
BTW, Good work there @nightrain_scy, thanks