Tree of Savior Forum

Add-ons? What is safe and not

Hi,

I’m planning to use add-ons and I’m quite new to the game.
Can someone suggest an add-on that is/are safe to use and at least not prohibited to use by the TOS staff?

I’m planning to use this one:

TIA!

TLDR You can use any addon. If IMC deems any addon as “not OK”, they will issue warning via announcement, and ask players to remove/uninstall those within a short time period. At the end of that period, any player found out to be still using that addon will be banned.

You can use addons, graphics mods, etc as long as they don’t affect gameplay or allows player to cheat in some way.

Firstly stop using Excrulon’s addon manager and go use the jTOS one Big Addon Collection Showcase! [Update 27-11-17]

Secondly, there are some addons that you will find are straddling the line such as Rader or Clover Finder that have been taken off addon manager pages by the creator without IMC ever stating they need to be, you may want to avoid these, but IMC should be aware of them, at the very least I know that the jToS team is, and I don’t believe they’ve stated anything about it being bannable yet, as you can still get it directly from the github of the addon authors.

What’s the problem with Rader and Clover Finder? genuine curiosity

Oh so that’s what Yuber has been up to since Konami started neglecting him.

Nothing is directly wrong with them, they were taken off of addon manager because the owner felt that they might possibly be against jToS rules, and instead of wait to find out he proactively took it down.

I’m sure many people use it andIMC has not released a policy stating it’s not okay to use it, so it should be fine, for now. Just be sure to keep up to date so you’re not using it after, if it does end up on their… radar.

1 Like

To compliment what mostly said,

It’s gray zone. I am pretty sure if someone wants, they could make something barely close to cheating.

All of these addon sure are a nice touch and convenient but still in gray zone like those afk necros…
I recall(might be wrong) excrulon had developed an addon to see every mobs on that map
But he stopped it(or maybe didn’t distribute it) for whatever reason

Forgot to mention, to get links to those addons not in the Addon Manager, you have to chase down the very first “Discontinued” thread in the link of the first post of that #3 and #2 thread… It just seemed like it would get spammy to copy paste the whole list, so yeah… I’ll try to organize that better soon.

This topic was automatically closed after 60 days. New replies are no longer allowed.