Tree of Savior Forum

About Weekly Question and Answer - June 10, 2016

I stopped posting about server issues for some days, but THIS forced me to come back.
IMC said: “As for the server lag problem, we’ve tracked down the factors suspected to be related to server resource leaks and we applied corrective measures during our latest patch. We can only confirm the server issues a few days after the fact, so we are constantly checking the system.

Apparently, the lag fix was already applied on the latest patch but wellshit there were no changes on the lag.
Yet not all is lost, they also mentioned that they’re constantly checking the system to MAYBE there are still hopes for an actual fix unless they say “yeh server is gud nao lolz” just like they said the performance patch helped performance when it did little to nothing but breaking graphics when they promised up to 20% better performance in certain situations.

TL;DR: I said two things which will trigger white knights, so you can get the idea. Yeah, same issues since forever.

The way I understand the game’s lag problems is that they initially planned to create a game for Koreans, a rather small country where everyone has low latency to the server. Their engine is built on this and their test environment is low latency.

Here comes a bunch of RO fanboys that want to play the real spiritual successor, so we hop on this huge hype train, make IMC believe there’s sufficient international market and now they’re releasing all over the world. Woop woop. Except for the fact that the engine and server doesn’t like players with high latency and that’s just what happens when you have people connecting from all over the world.

So here we are, we’ve got problems and IMC can’t sufficiently recreate a test environment like the one we’re playing in. So I get what they’re saying, they intend to make small changes to our server and then let us play for a week to see if it helps fix lag. We’re their test environment. I guess at least we can be happy to know that they’re trying to resolve it.

3 Likes

Wow what a white knight. Saying something positive in defense for imc. You should change your avatar to

Siete appears on his white unicorn. Dont expect free stuff for this act of chivalry.

2 Likes

Did you needed to make your own thread ? Because there is already which is open by the staff > Weekly Question and Answer - June 10, 2016

Part of the resource leak is definitely fixed. Before it was so that the server started to react slower when it was running a few days, but I didn’t notice any slowdown last sunday.

Really? I can’t say I’m experiencing the same on my end.

That picture kinda proves that you are lagging because you have high latency and not because of a resource leak. If you have 0.1 or lower ping you can’t play pretty lag free now.

I get around 0.18 latency(Should be getting 0.16 but can’t complain) the first hour after maintenance, after that it’s just hell like that screenshot.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

Too bad the spell queue system is the same for every latency, so at the end of the day that global cooldown on skills is the same as no global cooldown at all for people with more than 100ms.