Tree of Savior Forum

About addons usage and its benefits (Specifically the hidden quests and NPCs one)

Care to elaborate how this is a “huge” advantage?

1 Like

well, as long as it’s completely free and accessible for everyone, i don’t see there’s any huge advantage given to some players.

It’s a huge advantage over those who don’t, but you are definitely correct that anyone can use it. That’s why I hope they make it so we all can’t.

As I stated, if they declare it okay, I will end up using it in order to not put myself at a disadvantage. This is just my personal preference that it gets declared illegal.

in fact imc has already implemented the side quest flag on minimap for all npcs even you haven’t explored the map, based on the recent patch for kTOS
(or a soon- to- have feature)
so i guess we will have it soon anyways

I can’t find the post, but they already stated that as long as a problem doesn’t impact the game directally (Bots,Spams,3rd party macro programs,ect) They are ok to use.

You probably talking about this.

1 Like

Bingo. #ihavetohaveatleast20lettersforthisflashingsigntostfo

They should have a thing where you have to get permission from IMC (knowing IMC has only permitted the EXP viewer unless they permitted another one I don’t know about) to use your addon before releasing it to the public.

Or better yet, implement Steam Workshop.

I’d like to know the stance on the new quest addon as well. Personally, in theory I think it sounds fantastic, but I have yet to give it a try out of pure paranoia on IMC’s stance with it, lol.

As pointed out, it’s accessible to everyone- so people who don’t want to use it could opt not to use it. I’ve played both betas and I’ve gotten decently progressed so far in founder access, and I STILL can’t find all of the quests available, even though I actively try and search every nook and cranny. I have multiple alts as well and it’s a pain trying to re-find everything again on them.

There are several EXP walls that you must climb over so being able to locate as many quests as possible just saves times and an overall headache. Not everyone can sit in front of ToS all-day, every-day, to try and find all these quests, or figure out the brain teasing puzzles, or spends hours upon hours grinding and dulling their brains out.

In my opinion, more than anything, the quest addon benefits people with limited time that want to play ToS (and more likely have the funds to throw at the screen for premium items due to their time devourer; aka job).

1 Like

@Staff_Julie @STAFF_J @STAFF_Ethan @STAFF_Ines @STAFF_No @STAFF_John @moderators

can we get a decision on this? i want to use it.

Well to be honest I don’t see how it is any different from using http://toscamp.com/map_en/map3.8.php. One you have up on your other monitor, the other you see the mobs on your map.

The information is public and the only difference is ease of access. What we are talking about is a tool. This tool helps some people to access content that the might have otherwise missed. If you do not like the tool then you are not required to use it. Its painfully simple. The current roster of addons do not adversely affect game play for anyone. For those of you that feel you are being adversely affected then I apologize for your sensitivity. If only someone could write a tool that helps these people cope with others having ease of access.

4 Likes

This one should be prohibited.

Well I started using the quest one after I heard about it just to clean up w/e quests I missed in the passed. And from my opinion, you can barely tell any major EXP gain. You Rank 5 and you get a bunch of lvl 1 exp cards you missed from quests in the past? They hardly budge your EXP meter. And like everyone said is doesn’t show the “real hidden quests” unless you look them up on the forums posts here.

GG OP feels this give an advantage when this info is found in tosbase website too. I’ll be moving on now :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

…can’t you just look up quests online?

Why the inconvenience?
Also online databases might not always be fully up to date.
You’d also still need to look online for hidden quests.

It’s safe use? No risk of banishment?

Where would one find said Hidden quests and NPC viewer? cough No, I’m not joking.

man stfu OP.

/20charrrrrrr

1 Like