Tree of Savior Forum

A Shield Tanker

I’m trying to make a tanker, i’m new to making builds. I have no clue about what stats and where to put in the skills point.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

There is more then enough tank guides out there for you to research on. Please use this function (I’ll help you):
https://forum.treeofsavior.com/search?q=tank

If you wanna be a tank, lay out the skills that can help you with that and build around it. Pelt 2 is enough as Pelt 3 doesn’t give you anymore ‘tanking’ abilities while the only damage mitigation from rodelero is Slithering.

To be honest, I tank as well as any pelt 3 or even better as a sw > pelt > barb > barb due to being able to hold aggro with my burst. All the important tanking abilities are already in pelt1 with 18% evasion and 25% hp boost.

Also my opinion, people seem to forget that the faster you kill your enemies the less damage you receive as well. There’s no point going pelt 3 and AA your enemies down while receiving damage while another hybrid-tank build could burst mobs in half the time and receive half the damage. Just food for thought.

One more point, when making builds, keep in mind that leveling that character is not as easy as clicking buttons on a skill build simulator. I’ve seen my fare share of people going tanking builds only to give up halfway due to the journey being incredibly slow. (lack of DPS skills in ‘tanking’ circles) Unless of course, you have a dedicated group of friends to play with then this will be a lesser problem.

1 Like

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

1 Like

I removed Peltasta C3, now i’m caught between Swordsman > Peltasta > Peltasta C2 > Rodelero > Rodelero C2 >Swordman C2>Barbarian or Swordsman > Peltasta > Peltasta C2 > Rodelero > Rodelero C2 >Barbarian>Barbarian C2. :worried:

It is pretty lacklustre to take rank 3 circles at rank 6-7, barb’s damage will not be enough by the time you reach lvl 170 and beyond.

Never take swordsman 2 or 3 if you’re not running a PVP build. It offers nothing in terms of PVE.

@deanleroy89692 has recommended you a solid tank build. Fencer makes use of the extra evasion Guardian provides while having enough DPS to handle higher levels. You might want to switch Fencer 2 for corsair for more utility, as he had pointed out.
Personally, I would also switch out pelta 2 for barb 1.
So in all, if I were to create a shield tank utility build myself, it would be along the lines of:
Swordsman > Pelta > Barb(or Highlander) > Rode > Rode > Corsair > Fencer.
Stat-wise I would go 2:1 CON:DEX focusing on DEX in the earlier levels. For example, go full dex until you reach level 100 then start pumping into CON.

Do look into this thread if you’re interested in the Fencer builds: Guide to Fencer / Doppel [PVE]

1 Like

If you focus on PVE tanking, in fact pelt1 is enough.

sw3 is interesting because you will have more knock back/down resist and maybe future patch will also Grant you cc resist, also stun is good.

Don’t forget hoplite: c1 for stab (give you mdef, dodge) + aoe ratio/Block (finestra) + spear, c2 for pierce debuff + the émergency jump + more Block, c3 for more damage + more block

Did somebody tell you about cataphract c1 ? More stat from your pet, more mobility, 1 cc and one dash + 2H spear for better lvling

Rod c2 I have some doubt, sure the magic immune is good but out of pvp you will have some issue to use it at his max, + the c1 too much one target oriented, I think it’s not a good choice for first char pve tank.

So sw1 > pelt1 is the same for everybody, then hop1 > cata1 > hop2 > sw3
You can replace the 2 cercle of sw with anything else you will feel better after some practice.

Because you can’t dodge magic, you have huge Block and you will not suffer from 25-50 stat point ‘lost’ I recommand something like 5 - 3 - 1 con-dex-spr
Remember to have at least 50 to 70% of your stat point on con because that mean lot more hp, more heal, more block (so all you need) when dex will only help you to dodge (only physical hit you already Block), hit (that is the most important) and crit, spr in other hand give some mana pool, and few mdef and cc resist but actually it scale too badly

I’m a PvM player, so how would sw3 work? tbh

Sw3 got 1 skill who give them 40% chance on each hit to stun, it Last 1 minute and then got 1 minute cooldown: that allow you to greatly reduce incomming damages from each monsters on your range.
The other good skill is the maxing buff protecting you against knock back, knock down (also cc but only on korean version at the moment): that allow you to do your job and be able to react in any case.

As already said, I recommand you to first start playing until cata1 > hop 2 before choosing this path (or not)

Stop misleading others. SW3 is never good for PVE. There are far better options available then wasting 2 circles for a 40% stun. Barb stuns better and is more relevant in PVE.

I looked at the link @Stiltzkinn posted, i think I am going with this build.

:grinning:

That is a really solid PVE build. I wish you all the best and always remember to have fun! :slight_smile:

1 Like