Tree of Savior Forum

A path to Inquisitor

Why not monk ?

Where ?

Mackangdal donā€™t scale with STR, you mean Bwa Kayiman donā€™t you?

I donā€™t see yellow anywhere either.
And it also seems like the ā€œMagic Missle wannabeā€ depends on our magic attack so scales with int?

I would say it is a palading extension for sure. I would do like c2-Kriv-pally c3-(PD/Kabba/Kriv 2) - Inquisitor

But we donā€™t know untill we see formulas for given classes

Sorry, bad phrasing. Mackangdal for imunity and zombies scaling with str.

I see the best synergies with Pallies and Monkies aswell for the Inquisitor.
I wouldnā€™t be too worried about the stat build, since itā€™s a rank 8 class we can expect high base dmg for the skills, especially the ā€œgodsmackā€ nuke (aka ā€œkiss my hammerā€).
Like it is when you reach Pally1 and get smite, even without STR you still do decent damage for this rank in the game ; but ofc some STR will probably boost the overall dmg.

Was worried about my rank 8 for my cleric2/priest1/pally3/pardoner1, STR/SPR oriented, but now Iā€™m kinda relieved this class is coming :blush:

Iā€™m a Int-Bokor so Iā€™m not sure but, Zombie damage scale with INT using Oguveve and they HP with SPR, I donā€™t remember STR affecting it D:

Anyway zombies hits are ā– ā– ā– ā–  so Bwa Kayiman is the only STR-ish skill you will get from Bokor D:

Iā€™m big fan of mele char prefer swordsman
but after see this inqu
awesome
can heal, can buff, and mele attack

Iā€™m thinking of
Cleric c2 For divine might
Krivis 1 for daino
rank 4 idk maybe diev for cd -20% or priest for monstrance ( how much dex gain from monstrance ? )
monk 2
PD for healing factor, bloodletting

But zombies are a bonus :stuck_out_tongue:
Samediveve giving me movespeed + wind runner is something that I really enjoy having on my int bokor, I think it would nicely fit with a Monk as his worse problem, besides lacking aoe, is mobility.

Yeah, only reason I am grabbing Krivis is due to Diano, as Iā€™m tired of my vendor buffs (or general good buffs. We all love that Wiz Shield or Swift step, amirite?) being wiped but to lazy to buy scrolls Lol

Do you guys have an idea of soloing as Paladin?

Are we going to have a bad time to level up or is that good?

Remember when guns was main hand weapon, and it was change to off-hand weapon.

Who knows, later date they might give us knuckle duster for off hand.

I like Diev as a R3 class for Paladins. 20% cooldown reduction is pretty nice, and Carve is a relatively strong physical damage skill to complement your big smites with another damage type. If you use a sword you get 3 damage type coverage, but weā€™ll have to see if thatā€™s still worth it with inquisitorā€™s mace preference (the damage boost might be something small enough not to make a difference).

Eh I donā€™t know about you but as a Paladin player in RO I honestly got what I wanted from Paladin in this game, gues itā€™s down to preferences and playstyles.
If anything Iā€™m quite happy I donā€™t have to worry about not noticing the Healer stoped doing itā€™s ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  job and I kill myself.

Either way, as of right now Inquisitor looks as a Paladin continuation as expected, and as such it has both magical and physical capabilities while being centered around being an antimage unit.
This alongside Paladinā€™s Resist Elements and Barrier can be fully achieved via the ā€œInquisitionā€ skill, which while the phracing is weird seems to be magical while recieving a bonus from the enemy magic, but this is not the important part, the important part is that Rank3 Debuff (Plague Doctors only have a CHANCE of cleaning this one) which reduced the enemy INT and SPR, we have yet to see how it works but due to itā€™s higuer rank Iā€™ll asssume itā€™s stackable with otehr sources of ā€œShockā€.
All this togueter has high chances of allowing a point where you and your party recieve no Magic Damage of the Elemental variety.

God Smash seems like a super Smithe, physical but recieves extra damage from cetain conditions (In this case the enemyā€™s magic attack while using a blunt weapon)

Pear of Anguish eems designed around PvP, but it has quite good damage and is probably magical based with good base alonside the great multyplier when the ā€œEnemy uses magicā€ condition is fullfiled so it could fin a place in Physical builds (You could also always go mixed), similarly to Turn Undead you could say.
PErsonally I would adore for it to also have a bonus from SPR, but weā€™ll see.

Breaking Wheel isā€¦ unclear, probably magical but we do see yellow numbers. Although these have high chances of being from the Swordsman thatā€™s right there.

Either way, we shall see once the time comes.
And by the time I mean Kroean release which will be datamined to hell and back for both info on the new ranksā€™ skills and in search of a secret class.

1 Like

Most people complain about Barrier being cast by scroll. And thatā€™s the reason why we usually donā€™t see Paladin in high quantity. I may be wrong because I have no idea how Paladin sounds like in Korea honestly.

What I meant is that Inquisitor came to bring more agressive status to this class I also appreciate since RO. :smiley:

PD can remove rank 3 debuffs with fumigate. I donā€™t see any reason krivis would synergize well with inquistor, based off what we know the class seems like itā€™s going to be almost entirely physical based which means str/dex builds

Krivis 1 would be an option but actually thereā€™s no lots of choices to go for.

Diev 1? Meh. Krivis 1 is also meh. But at least it has Daino to help party grind while everyone casts their buffs. I think Aukuras wonā€™t be that useful nor Zalciai.

Diev takes so long to carve and thatā€™s not inquisitor characteristic IMO.

Paladin in KToS is in basically the same state, sadly.

The problem with Paladin is that people expect a full on offensyve hammering dude, while being the Cleric tree aka the support Tree, while it has a bunch of defenive skillsā€¦ yeah.
On top of this, which affects teh classā€™ players, thereā€™s teh severe classysm issues this gameā€™s playerbase has. This is why people got around shouting for overlyspecific builds to enter their party while in reality they barely know a third of how the game works and they just copied a build from ToSbase and assumed it was good because ti has a ton of views and likes.
And so we get Fletchers that get outDPSd by Swordsman, because those are a thing.

Scrollable Barrier is basically the Cherry on top of all this.

@lovelife4546 Fumigate requires smart use and cooperation from your party members to work properly, good luck getting this oput of random PvP parties in this game.
Everyone jsut waits for the PD to throw Blodletting and Healing Factor to ā– ā– ā– ā–  off and donā€™t care about them after that.

1 Like

Inquisitor= Paladin 4
Chaplain= Priest 4

Poor Chaplain!

[ā€¦]like a real Monk[ā€¦]?

Real wacky fantasy Monks, to be precise.
You know, the ones that can summon dragons made out of glowy life force or whatever the hell.