Tree of Savior Forum

290 Dung - Is a Glasscanon-Wizard able to do it?

Hi fellow-wizards :wink:

As the new 290 dung. has monsters with extremely high mag. def. I’d like to know if any1 has already experience whether / to what extent it makes sense to go into that dungeon with a glasscanon-build?

You can get to over 2000 matk with things like Animus, highly transcended and enhanced new Staff (from that very dung. but can be bought through the market), etc.

So, you can do some damage to those monsters there but the question is, does that make sense when compared to swordsman/archer-classes who dont have to overcome that ridiculously high mag. def.

Is it, “I can be useful for parties again” or is it “I can do more than 1 damage but I still cant hold a candle compared to archer/swordsman” ??

i think i coud rush solo, i have a build like the little samson (wiz 3 cryo pyro kino rc full int like 30 CON) but i finished with enchantern on rank 8 (i know… was risky) i dont know when i chose it (cos is very bugged) but the best spells to pve are empowered and obviusly ligthning enchant. when i use empowered the mobs on the maps ignored me so i can break the orb and go to the boss without figth to anyone them i can prepare a killer burst untill the boss atack me and defeat him fast…

im just saying… jaja

builds like that which i ve seen so far were always cryo, pyro and psycho.

–> A few questions:

1. How practical is to to activate/use that icewall-fireball-combo without psyco?

2. What kind of damage is that icewall-fireball-combo-damage? Given that you ve Wiz3, it seems that it is a magical attack and is boosted by it?
    And what influcences that combo’s damage? (e.g. Elemental Property Attack, as you took Enchanter)

3. If you deal damage in that dungeon then it must have a really high magic attack of its own? Any number knwon / able to guess?

4. That that “empowered”-skill causes monsters to ignore you: Is that a hidden effect? (In the translation-thread nothing similar was noted, cf. R8 Wizard Skills Translation )

5. Is Sage’s duplicating skill not useful for that icewall-combo? (As you took Enchanter…)

1. that combo while very strong has a very high cooldown, so it is sorta unpractical unless you have other damaging skills

2. they took enchanter because they’re silly, it does not have any synergy with anything else they chose
    all property attack boosts damage, and since they took runecaster they have +200% ice damage

3. ???

4. ???

5. sage’s duplicating is good for ice-wall and fireball. i literally have no idea why they chose enchanter, sage is 100% the better option

keep in mind that monsters have physical defense as well, so the same thing applies to monsters with too much defense that physical classes don’t have enough patk to damage them and only do 1 damage

also, classes such as pyro3 with agni, featherfoot 2, and taoist are some magic classes that can easily kill enemies with high magic defense since they have tons of damage

Mob have less physical resit (in most case) Than magic resit
Most of time if you check the monster statt you will see something like
1200 physical resit > 2000 magic resit.
2000 Physical resit > 3000 magic resit.
It not the same, it easier to not do 1 damage with a physical dps class also the crit damage statt is added, they have a lower multihit count in most case but their damage / hit is WAY stronger.

That how i see it at least.

empowered is working like fade, u cant get thread by any npc until finish the buff or u hit them, that combo withut pp is useless or only u can deal damage with icewall and very slowly hits /sec
i hear about how to get the 315 weapons with tht may be i can get over 20 of Matk but now i need a loot of buff to deal a high damage cos every boss and npc have somuch Mdef

when i see videos from k tos about sage i see who useless was the duplicate buff and it was a loot buged, also enchanter gibe “agility” when that works well i will be better than black hole (like over 50% of dodge if y have a max stam cap)

There’s a difference though, somebody already told you there is a very noticeable difference in defenses, besides that, physical classes also have debuffs and buffs that help a lot, while wizards have Quick Cast which is very lackluster compared to those debuffs/buffs.

It’s very impractiacl without Psychokino. There’s no way to activate the Fireball bursts without Psychic Pressure and you will need a Monk or a multihit-based Swordsman to activate the Ice Shards. Otherwise, all you can do about it is auto-attack the Ice Wall and that’s just terrible.

Each Ice Shards’ damage are the same as your normal attack, except they’re Ice property and the extra lines don’t get added. Magic attack, elemental property attack, Quick cast attribute, Thauma swell buffs, Rune of Ice, and Enchant Lightning all boost it. And of course, the enemy’s Magic Defense and elemental resistances reduce it.

Seems like it[quote=“Ethiliel, post:3, topic:331752”]
Is Sage’s duplicating skill not useful for that icewall-combo? (As you took Enchanter…)
[/quote]

Psychic Pressure has a target limit and the duplicated Ice Walls aren’t duplicated in a good formation for the combo