Tree of Savior Forum

10 min before maintenance

And nothing said in News or on the Forums? No “Greetings Saviors” announcement text in-game?

What gives? Is our weekly maint still happening? o.o

1 Like

a; check the maintenance forum

b; check your bad timezone math. still an hour to go.

I did. And Timezone math?

I’m in EDT timezone. And server time in-game, and on forums, both say just a couple minutes to go.

TBH though he updated his post at 12:42, just a couple minutes after I was browsing forums for the news, so at least it did get updated just nowhere near as much in advance as we’d expect lol

I got the message for a 20 minute warning.

I was in a mission… maybe it didn’t hit the instance server =(

they did send a in game msg 12 mins ish ago saying ( server will go down in 20 mins time )

Sorry to tell you but this is a permanent maintenance, every Tuesday at 1 AM EDT every week, there will be a maintenance of at least 4 hours. That was announced from the beginning and it won’t stop, this is required to fix bugs and provide hotfix and even implementations.

I think you meant Tuesday :stuck_out_tongue:

Sorry, got confused, yes, I meant Tuesday :slight_smile: I corrected it

Yeah I understand that. And I expected it (megaphoned 45 min before maint and confirmed, as well as helped others remember).

What I’m getting at is:

A) I was in a Fedi Mission instance, no global announcement in-game for us despite others saying that in the standard server they got a (paltry) 20 minute heads up.

B) 12:42 they opened the announcement. That’s 18 minutes until maintenance. Every other game in the world reminds their users hours ahead of time. I know the maintenance is every week and I look forward to their fixes, but dragging their feet about reminding users isn’t good business. Some people may have even just started this weekend and haven’t been through a weekly yet. 20 minutes doesn’t cut it.

I check the front page a lot for news/patch notes etc but I wasn’t informed on this at all.

I was hoping to do my missions for the exp before I slept then do em again as I woke up 2moro for the extra exp :confused:

still need this?

1 Like

Yeah I had forgotten too and then remembered “Hey… it’s Tuesday… >.>” so I megaphoned and had people say yeah, but others as well saying there wasn’t any news on forums. Mid mission (Sia, at the torch after Golem before the 3 bosses) I alt tabbed to News and Forums (roughly 12:37- 12:40ish) and still nothing at all. I left the mission after we killed the Mole, tabbed back here to write the post, and saw that Ethan had released the update at 12:42am.

I mean… come on, that’s not a heads up, that’s an “oops we forgot to let people know, go ahead and release the notes you wrote yesterday

1 Like

Two posts were sent on steam, two on the forums, we got 30 minute warning, a 20 minute warning and a 5 minute warning in game. What more do you want?

This Was posted 12 hours ago.

Greetings Saviors!

We will be holding the scheduled weekly maintenance as notified in our previous announcements[treeofsavior.com].

The detailed time can be seen down below. More details will be provided on what will be tweaked in a later announcement.

• Scheduled Time for Maintenance : 1~5 a.m. (EDT) April 12th, 2016

We are constantly keeping an eye out for your feedback to see what the more prevalent issues are. Through your feedback, we are able to figure out what can be fixed quickly and what requires development time.

However, please note that the more major bugs / issues will take longer for us fix since we do not wish to negatively affect other aspects of the game. Others that can simply be dealt by a hotfix / patch may be addressed sooner.

As always, we thank you for your continued enthusiasm, patience, support and love for Tree of Savior.

Sincerely,
IMC Staff

This was posted on the 11th.

Greetings Saviors!

We will be holding the scheduled weekly maintenance as notified in our previous announcements.

The detailed time can be seen down below. More details will be provided on what will be tweaked in a later announcement.

• Scheduled Time for Maintenance : 1~5 a.m. (EDT) April 12th, 2016

We are constantly keeping an eye out for your feedback to see what the more prevalent issues are. Through your feedback, we are able to figure out what can be fixed quickly and what requires development time.

However, please note that the more major bugs / issues will take longer for us fix since we do not wish to negatively affect other aspects of the game. Others that can simply be dealt by a hotfix / patch may be addressed sooner.

As always, we thank you for your continued enthusiasm, patience, support and love for Tree of Savior.

Sincerely,
IMC Staff

I agree that we have a problem. I didn’t see any announcements until I ended my dungeon run, but two players in the party did. Also some other players here saying they didn’t get anything in the instance server. Apparently it didn’t get to us in time :frowning: (I saw after I got back to field map, with 5 minutes to go)

I’ll have to add Steam to my to-do list for news. Because here in our own official forums word was not announced until 12:42 when Ethan unhid then locked the maintenance post that was written in advance (as are most every official post they’ve made, even several of Julie’s).

We still have nothing on our News page either, despite having both the “Scheduled maintenance” and “Completed maintenance” posts from last week’s maintenance available.

Also, as mentioned by others, we didn’t get the warning in-game as others had. Seems like their instance server doesn’t always display the messages.

But, thank you for letting me know about Steam getting some announcements, because I hadn’t thought to check there when our official forums have been the go-to source.

According to the timestamp on the forum post in the maintenance section, the post was made 24 hours before maintenance and edited just before maintenance to add the patch notes.

1 Like

This. They literally posted on 100% of possible platforms and you still complain.

After clicking your profile I can tell that, in the short amount of time you’ve been with the community, you’ve somehow managed to largely only post negativity.

As you are more recent I will take the time to inform you that you cannot believe every single time stamp you see from development. Julie had a post hidden for 7 days before the public could read it. To anyone just getting to the forums it would appear that the news was an entire week old despite having only just been made public. You can verify by visiting the link and noting that the post was made 7 days before a single reply was available.

This is just how they operate; write in advance, unhide and immediately lock afterward. I’m cool with that and it’s understandable.

As for the maintenance update, 2.8k views in your png.

And 30 minutes later (now) it’s at 3.3k views. I may have missed it, I’m human, but I was looking specifically for information regarding the maintenance and I don’t recall the post being there since yesterday, even in an abridged version without patch notes (otherwise had I seen it I wouldn’t have made a thread to point out that there wasn’t information made available to everyone).