Tree of Savior Forum

Enchanter Discussion Thread

Let’s try Thaumaturge 3 Enchanter, melee Wizard. 2 years to kill an Old Kepa with this build np.

is this good path for Wiz 1 - Cryo 3 - Chrono 3 build?

Because this thread need more actual things than Saltiness

https://youtu.be/PUBuUwBORsM

3 Likes

Interesting. I think enchanter works only with cryo on the buid…

Now i just want to know if empower increase the level of sorcerer summon…?! =S

It should also work with Linker

@greyhiem

Does that mean the Enchant Lightning’s effect will disappear immediately after we hit an enemy once?

From what I understand, Enchant Lightning has 2 effects :

1. It gives bonus 500 lighting damage
  2. It turns all of our attacks to lightning property attack

I personally don’t care if the bonus 500 damage disappears as long as the 2nd effect still remains.

It is only +400 lightning damage at lvl 5. I think the devs did it wrongly. +80 lightning damage per level, not +100 per level.

No it does not disappear after 1 hit. It changes your non-missile attack into lightning property. For multihit skills, it will only change the whole first hit into lightning according to Ktest.

You will still get +400 lightning bonus property to every attack.

1 Like

Oh, I thought both melee and missile skills will be changed to lightning property. It’s only melee now? Did they change it?

Oh yes, I saw the pictures.

Edit : Does that include fake multi-hit skills as well?

its useful in pve against mobs that actually cast but its pretty rare. But for a support class, finding mobs that cast heal = free healing. Drakes that cast fire pillar makes killing them much easier (i only have pyro 1 linker so my damage is sht). There’s only a limited amount of spells to reversi coupled with few mobs that cast those limited spells, its rarely used but it doesnt reduce its usefulness

1 Like

Even 1 hit that was Lightning attack

If that skill combo with Dethrone or Snipe with Taoist Storm Calling

this would be amazing.

1 Like

I have a character with the exact same build as OP, sooooo… is taking linker 3 the most feasible choice then?? What will be the best job to fill for R7 and R8?? Please give me some advice!

=/

Enchanter buff shop the 5% increase cler buff duration is bugged it isnt working T.T

Someone pls help report together <3

so enchant lightning only affects physical and missile atks, so it doesn’t help my spells at all? kind of sad at that

It still adds Lightning Property Attack. The only thing that doesn’t affect you is the “turns into lightning property”

I’m currently lvling a little alt besides my Bokor/Oracle and I was thinking of going Wiz3>Thauma3>RuneCaster>Enchanter.

Since Thaumaturge has ± the best possibilities to increase damage and decrease all incoming damage by a lot (shrink body attribute reduces patk/matk of monsters by up to 75%), I was thinking of taking a different route. Since I’ve got my Bokor/Oracle, I’ll most likely try to get the “Vienarazis Mace” and use it on both my Cleric and my Thauma/Enchanter.

You might ask yourself why I would do that: the reason is easy; The mace grants high matk(532) and high INT (111) boni as well as giving a wooping 320 maximum attack and 168 minimum attack, which is added on top of both your matk and your patk values(similar to how red gems work).
That’s ± the amount a +10 equivalent lvl 315 purple/orange rod gives you, but without having the hassle to upgrade for several millions.

Also, since it works for both patk and matk, the mace is actually really good because coupled with the maxed Thaumabuffs and Enchant Lightning, you get a lot of bonus attack, making your normal attacks hit for several 1000s per attack. Also, since there is an attribute for Lethargy
(Wiz C1 skill) which increases the damage of Strike property damage by up to 100%, your damage will become doubled [Mace=Strike type damage] again.
Enchanters dodge rate buff “Agility” will help here, especially on higher skilllevels to mitigate all non-magic damage by simply evading it, and the DEF buff of Giant Rune and the attack debuff of Shrink Body will reduce the incoming damage even without high def values, and if my pure INT build can only deal 1 damage with magic, I’ll just convert all INT to CON and get 700+ additional DEF/Block for going melee. This might become a total faceroll later on when Agility gets lvl 10 or 15, and if Empowering is really something useful, I might take it later on,too, for the lulz :smiley:

Quick Cast + 3 Swells + Enchant Lightning is 5 buff slots but okay…

Doesn’t get applied to Wizards’ normal attacks

6 buff slots

7 buff slots and can’t use skills

8 buff slots. And you don’t get DEF from CON

so you’ll be dagger attacking, wasting wiz3 and thauma c3?

well I think it’s a giant mess but if you brain tells you that you’re gonna have a swell of a time dealing 8k single target hits on 400k hp monsters, then more power to you!

Sarcasm aside… uhhh yeah don’t do it. If you really want to do that then please do it on a Chaplain or a QS

rugal please stop…
your build has bad single target dps and bad mobbing potential.
Swap out thaum c3 and rune caster for linker c2

Yeah, CON = no Def q.q I have played too much RO (for 15 years) so I’m predamaged that VIT= ±Def…

I tested it today btw, and you can get the 2x melee damage buff from the Lethargy attribute, but only with two-handed Staffs offhand attack (it’s melee&strike type damage). Maybe they’ll introduce a decent staff with patk at some point of the game…

Since one has 6 buff slots at rank 5 +1 for premium, 7 buffs are no problem when soloing. The only problem arises when there’s a stupid Chaplain or Priest 3 in the party who buffs like crazy without using a Daino scroll 1st (or some Chronomancer with their Haste&Quicken).

Rune of Giants is just optional since it uses up runes and is not really needed against most normal monsters, but it’s a nice way to prevent damage in boss scenarios. Also, several buffs will run out during its duration anyway so it’s not needed to keep all buffs active when casting it.

About Linker: Might be worth thinking about since Joint Penalty actually provides a Lightning attribute damage boost. May be a better alternative for R7 than Runecaster. I’d never drop Thauma 3 for Linker,though, because Thauma needs C3 to be effective enough (Swell Brain + more skillpoints + higher damage from the buffs) for that build. Too many metas already with Thauma 2 just to increase the number of links by a few (5->8) and lose potentially 253+matk in the process.

Just some random talk (and bragging if you call it) while still on subject

My guild master is Wiz-Cyro-Link2-Chrono3 with full con. And he’s dead fix on going enchanter.
And I’m a chaplain oracle high SPR. So pretty much when we’re in party, we are going to link monsters and put all property attacks on buff and mashing auto attacks

He likes my buffs since he rely on AA and I’m grateful with his JP since I cannot do area spikes even with five hammer. With enchant lightning to add another line attack and possible synergy agility + arcane energy.

This class needs more love. JP scrolls are expensive, yes but even I spend some for daino scrolls. so why not?