Tree of Savior Forum

Why is ppl quitting ToS?

I forgot

the world is not a threat, look at the mobs in the new maps post lvl 400, it’s like killing popolions in east siaulai…the pve is so bad. I lost faith when they released Irredian Shelter, i thought because of the trailer, that it will be an hunting ground for parties…and in the end we have weekly solo boss…Where’s the mmo? Even CM, which was a fun moment to share, ppl run them solo, cause as you already said, it’s more profitable solo…

oh and, good luck enjoying tos with all the arts concept mega lol: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gcFCk0fVnCk

3 Likes

Well they did many wrong decisions like the hardcore F2P elements mentioned above, more people would have been eager to contribute to the game economy and development if the game was balanced and gave some retribution to all the invested time and effort. Like someone said before too,

“grind until u get ur gear done but then get ready to grind more because of new content/levelcap”

So we end up having no time to have fun or pvp (which is a strong point that IMC forgot and that’s why a lot of people leave and it is a great market target)

That being said, enviroment is a big part as well, specially on a weebo-roleplay kind of style mmorpg like this, competitivity too (which in part is affected by the social enviroment)

They could have easily made it with appearance items / cool looking pets only at the TP shop and stuff of moderated commodity like tokens, distance storage management or even permits the Purchase-Shops we used to have in the beta (the ones where people put the items they need and other players could simply pass by and sell it to them)

Because there is literally nothing to do in game right now. The new gear is also only okay–nothing really stands out.

Most people have all the alts they want to level, they’ve tried the builds and classes that they thought they wanted to try. They’ve gotten all the gear they could have wanted. They can solo most easier content and raids are a chore to get gear that isn’t really that much of an upgrade.

Most people will have their double ichors in the first few minutes of the servers being up after the next content patch, most people will have a new legend set in the first few weeks of the new legend raid being out. Most people aren’t in guilds big enough to utilize the new guild housing features or enjoy the benefits and the ones that are might not have an active enough GM, or might not have billions of silver to throw at it.

What is there to look forward to?

10 Likes

I was hoping newer legend gear can be crafted using the previous lower legend gear as base + other mats while keeping upgrade, potential and trans level. For example:

Solmiki > Velco > Savinose or whatever that’s called (haven’t played in awhile)

They love their RNG so they could’ve just made it so that success chance is higher depending on the amount and/or quality of mats added, but failure just makes the base gear “broken” and mats consumed, making it still usable but not tradable/transferrable/upgradeable/transcendable until repaired (perhaps can repair by sacrificing mats and/or gear of the same type).

That way IMC can still keep the same upgrade (+X) and transcendence mechanics.

Also, wearable weapon/offhand skins instead of permanently applying them on gear.

I have to agree with you on many points. I mean look, I still see people who have false hopes of wishing velcoffer gear prices will bounce back but the sad reality is it will never recover.

Most players spam CM (pve, as it always has been for ToS) which means more Planiums. Why would people buy velcoffer when they can get, if not the same, better and cheaper Savinose?

People went crazy farming velco during the past event like there was no tomorrow. Sadly, at this time those investments (either via silver re open, time or effort) will be dead investments not unless the buyer is after set effects only offered to Velco set or IMC takes this suggestion.

1 Like

There’s literally nothing to do except some cms to farm money (just in case), skiaclipse raid (although, without the doble ichor feature is a bit pointless) and feud.

And all these are limited per day ( 1 cm/character, raid portal stones +1 and feud 1 hour/day)

2 Likes

I don’t know man, people complained that the system to put set effects on Velco with Partis Solution was too much RNG. What did IMC do?:

-> Implemented Pamoka Solution = 100% chance to apply the set effect of your choice.

People complained that the Ichor system was way too much RNG. What did IMC do?

-> Implemented a 3x transmutation system = 100% chance to Ichor your preferred piece of gear.

I don’t want to be “that white knight”, but let’s be real, they listen to the community although things could be much less of a grind.
If IMC were to make things less “grindy” we would run out of content in less than a month and they release “content” on iTOS every 2 months, so there’s that thing.

Personally, what’s pissing me off now, it’s the stupid class balance and the new arts system that makes literally no sense.

They refuse to give Monks and Sadhus the real buff treatment, instead, they buff Exorcists when they are already good. Lancer was doing “Okay” now it turns out Lancer becomes a 1v1 god that removes most shield buffs and Crush + Quintain (That’s already one shotting people) gets buffed just to make sure you don’t survive. What kind of balance is this ■■■■?
You have these stupid set effects that are either reworked Subzero Shield or better version of Shield Charger, like, Why?

Then you have these VGAs + client’s resolution being fixed at like 400x600 sort of ■■■■ + people freezing as soon as switching maps + gem feud having just 1 channel(fixed) and it all adds up to the community, then we have this thread which culminates with the “arts system” that’s a complete failure.

IMC needs to stop ■■■■■■■ up.

3 Likes

^
leveling via questing is actually fun (especially if you like mythologies, lore, stories etc.), …

…until you get to level your 10th character :rofl:

well, the rewards are now much better than before, and the puzzles are actually a bit fun too.

1 Like

There is a right kind of grind and wrong kind of grind,though.

For example, if you can grind towards other systems while farming/leveling (e.g. filling up Pamoka Solutions) it’s a good grind, because it is done while you do something else (i.e. while playing the game).

However, if you are forced to do content x 200 times just to get a set of equipment, that’s the wrong kind of grind. You’re wasting your time doing the same old content over and over again.
And it’s not as if there is always new and random loot to get to keep it interesting.

Doing Velcoffer in 2019 still gives you the same outdated velcoffer set items it did last year.
That is how content ages badly. At some point it is either removed or needs a complete revamp.

It would be far better if content could stay viable all throughout the game, be it questing, discovery, equipment grinding,etc.

I don’t know, if this is a hot take, but I I enjoy the questing in ToS as well. It feels more rewarding and smoother than in other games and you’re not forced to do a gazillion sub quests in order to advance. You can focus on the main story quests, get exp cards and do sub quests when you feel like it.

I do not think this game will last long with the pace it is going, more and more people are paying off, and putting PAYTOWIN items in the TP store does not help anything, I already fall for it and just ■■■■■■ myself.

Basically for you to be strong on ToS, you have to buy TP and have long and long hours of play to make the game playable in the endgame content.

I find this a total disregard for people who don’t have all the time in the world.

1 Like

Quests should be done just once, or at least have a different quest line for each base class except on the revelation parts

1 Like

the major problem of this game!

I kill dogs on mondays for some bless, salus and cms everyday for miserable amount of silver and sierra powder, also during gemstone i get DCed with 1 min left then i get nothing on the day too, some raid ■■■■ ocasionally that i also need sierra powder to craft just to drop red random talts because ■■■■ you if you want any item, and after 2 months of this torture job every day i can spent my acumulated 200kk in FULL CRAZY RNG system to TRY making some bad ichors and become somehow totally frustrated that i threw my life away this entire time and achieved nothing.

Doesn’t even mentioned boruta because it’s not even a content it’s just a mafia.

WP, now i can get tired and stressed playing it :haha:

3 Likes

It was going to be great, a system where we can create any character and get XP from every quest we’ve ever done.

IMC PLZ

This is the kind of thing that sounds good on paper but would actually kill the game. As much as I like the idea, it’ll remove players from low-level zones and newbies will have nobody to quest or interact with outside town. If early game is a ghost town they’ll just quit.

It’s one of those necessary evils that forces weak characters to team up and actually have an MMO-esque experience.

Let’s be honest with ourselves: we might help our friends and guildmates a few times, but nobody has the patience to return to those zones unless we really have to :smile:

It’s why they added EXP cards with level requirements so you speed up the whole process and can skip a bunch of quests but you still have to do some of them to fill in the gaps.

Tbh I’d rather they just massively buffed the EXP and drop rates (but not silver) of early zones to near-CM levels to account for the lower population*. That way levelling alts is a blast and you don’t have to deal with quests (which can be MORE tedious than simple grinding because you have to jump through an endless, ever-changing series of hoops).

*This would work with an EXP penalty, so that people are forced to keep moving to new areas. As you get near the new content your leveling rate drops off, so that you actually have to work for the new stuff. Given the sheer number of classes to try out in this game, you simply can’t treat it like a normal MMO where your average player doesn’t have as much of an incentive to create alts. Trying out the fun classes is one of TOS’ main draws, so it’s silly to make it too difficult to get to the “fun” bit where you have lots of skills to play around with.

Now I’m also on hiatus because of this Rodellero shield push silence debuff. This just destroys pvp, even low geared SW can do so much with this. Some guild in Telsiai are exploting this. IMC should really have to play their game. Every maintenance have a high chance of getting pooped with bugs.

But the early maps are empty already and for 3 reasons, 1 the game is dying, 2 side quests are boring and repetitive, 3 there are many levels/quests/maps (the only low level maps where u can find some players aer proly the ones that drop important stuff on absurd drop rates like Tenet B1)

I don’t consider it a “neccesary evils”, it’s awful because in a game with so many classes u want to try all of them, like in a buffet, u wanna try everything even if u dont become the best on it, u want to experience it, that’s why reset events always brought so many people

Also im just asking to not repeating the alt quest, just the main/revelator ones or the ones with specially good prizes like those sets that help newbies but on less steps. The sooner we have decently equiped players with high level, the biger will be the playerbase willing to try pvp and do test (once they make a 24/7 non competitive, no gear to win, balanced system)

Yeah they should increase the incomes at the beginning since its expensive to buy anything at the start (ofc if we dont count the lots and lots of gifts they receive for being new or returning)

EXP penalty should be careful, new players could start with the wrong classes and end up trapped there (cms and dungeons are virtually inexistant before 300)

As a final option, we could make something like, once u have completed a quest and unlocked whatever related to it, u have the option to share it to all ur other chars OR repeat it for extra benefits, everyone wins :satisfaction:

2 Likes

Being one of the most hardcore iToS players for many years I can say only for myself.

The game became simply boring, P2W deals became simply atrocious, Renewal widened the gap between new players and veteran players (and I didn’t like that even though I was on the side of rich and fully equipped), instead of rewarding players for having more chars (I have capped slots for characters and one of the highest (if not still the highest) Team Level on iToS) developers began to punish smurfers.

And with PvP / WoE being absolutely unbalanced and unplayable, there is no end-game content to tryhard for. Soundtrack and game design are still awesome tho, it’s not nearly enough to hold me in game.

6 Likes

This game was so dope when it first started and nobody knew what the end content was, though

3 Likes