Tree of Savior Forum

Stifmeister (HimuraBattousai) Stealing Guild Item (UPDATE 17/02/2022)

IMC should help with this kind of thing, because a lot of people report this player. You dont want to shrug off with “that it is very unfortunate”, while you can simply determine that the player is “funneling” through your logs. Isn’t this as same as funneling?

make an example out of him for theft O,O simple as that … I can see in the near future more theft on other guilds ( maybe by his alts ) or some other peeps since you turned a blind eye to this behavior …

Exactly, there are at least 2 points that being violated by his despicable actions and @Staff_Alex thinks that it is difficult for the management team to handle? @staff

I am sure u guys can do better than this rather than just doing nothing. There are already many dissatisfaction in the current game state and we expecting better from you guys.

Update as today,

He was playing his other char over the weekend to avoid others recognizing his character. (He changed his name immediately after stealing everything from the guild) and guess what. He is now back to his main char, using his main equipment and weapon skins which were given by the guild leader.

@Staff_Alex @GM_Francis

Please respond to this post.
Sincerely, a member of the guild that got robbed through the means of deception or unfair methods.

1 Like

Woooow, IMC turn blind eye on that. lmaoo nice dodge. :face_with_hand_over_mouth:
this game is surely deep into abyss now.
nice management. people who still support the game with own money are just plain sheeps.
Sure, you like the game and its your money but really wanna feed people who mess up like that since 2016?
Why we have even terms of service ? :rofl:
I have sent ticket about the situation @ OP
my mind just blown every other company snip fingers and revert but IMC… :tired:

Dodge?
More like covering their ears and screaming ‘nanananana cant hear youuu’

1 Like

https://treeofsavior.com/page/common/?t=ts

On the behalf of players, whole player in the [SEA]Telsiai server, we put Stifmeister (ex HimuraBattousai) as a player who disturbs the server gameplay (especially Undertaker Guild) because of how much item progression were being stolen and used for his own benefit.

We are not asking you to help us. We are demanding that Terms of Service should be uphold fairly for every player playing Tree of Savior.

5 Likes

I’m sure if I go outside and rob a bank I’m gonna get arrested and sentenced to prison for a long time. It’s the same here… and if nothing is done, others will repeat the same behavior since they will know they won’t be punished. It’s a clear EULA violation, and vengeance should be hers!

Tree of Savior Terms of Service:

You may not acquire illicit gain through the means of deception or unfair methods.

You may not engage or attempt to engage in any activities that might hinder the natural progression of the Game.

This case falls 100% under the first quote, the player deceived people into gaining guild storage access to steal and resell in abnormal quantities the contents.

@Staff_Alex I can only assume if you treat this as non-mannered acts instead of what is written so clearly above in the TOS Terms of Service, then I can assure you that the community will no longer be a safe space as the very developers of the game are condoning this kind of behavior. You’re basically saying that people can do this without getting any punishment. Guess it’s time for me to join all guilds and start stealing items from their Guild Storage.

Just think what people will say if you let a thief just walk away, days happy and smiling. Do the right thing.

bruhhh…You can just take/confiscate all the items he withdraw like what you are doing to those suspected RMT funnelers in market right? And bring it back to the guild. :expressionless:

btw where is this thief now? i can see him always online in my block list but can’t find him

I still see the thief playing. I matched with him on Saint Sacellum: Auto Match yesterday.

1 Like

As safeguard for other guilds, enforce a rule that new players be given a role that do not allow retrieval from guild storage. At least until they build trust and rapport among guildmates. If they need something, then can ask guildmates to retrieve for them. At least for now, this is the way we can protect ourselves from shameless thieves like him.

This is really disappointing of IMC. Players like this should have been banned at the time of report.

ya to new guilds specially create a separate role above new recruits for storage access and try not to keep too many valuable items in it, just refill every once in a while or use it as a trade between guildies

From what I heard, he was in the guild for a while and actually gained the trust before having been given the rights to use the guild storage.

End of the day, it was not possible for the items to be rolledback because it was sold on the market right away for silver (at the lowest price even), but at least some action could have been taken where the silver could have been removed or he could have been given a temporary ban.

But now, NO action is being taken and that’s RIDICULOUS.

@Staff_Alex @Staff_Brand @Staff_Jin @Staff_Ilya @STAFF_Yuri @William121213513513 @GM_Francis

3 Likes

As a normal player in Telsia server I would say IMC did the right thing. This thief doesn’t use the third party program to do such thing. The responsibility should belong to the guild master as he let everyone to access the storage if I’m not mistaken. There are two guild storages, one of them is share storage which you shouldn’t put anything with high valuable in, and the other storage should be access by only guild master or sub master. If I say anything wrong just feel free to comment
Btw he is banned from every guilds and kicked out by every party he joins. Playing an online game alone and be branded as a thief forever is already a heavy punish he has gotten. As long as he doesn’t cheat or hack, or say something offence to people, etc. IMC has nothing to do in this case

4 Likes

IMC probably won’t ban him. I see where they’re coming from, too. The accusations of breaching the T&C are kind of shaky (I can’t stand players like Stifmeister but I personally don’t think he violated the T&C given the means he used) and it would be opening a big can of worms. IMC have got a small team and I imagine they don’t want to set a precedent for policing social conflicts.

…And this is a social conflict. In this case, they’d be intervening almost purely because someone hurt a lot of people’s feelings. Why? Because this was ultimately within the guild’s control.

The key point here is that everyone involved either willingly gave this guy the ability to take this stuff out, and/or knowingly took a risk upon themselves by put their stuff in a place where it could be taken out by any current or future guild member with the authority. In other words, everyone involved made a conscious decision somewhere along the line where they accepted the risks that allowed this to happen.

I’m not saying it’s their fault, of course, but this is a crucial distinction.

Stifmeister sh@t on a great act of kindness by the guild. Even so, from a rules perspective, everything he did was within his rights as a player.

So, yeah, I understand IMC’s reservations about getting involved in this. It’s bigger than just this one incident; it’s one of those cases where the company chooses how hands-on they want to be about @ssholery that doesn’t explicitly violate their T&C. If they act against Stifmeister, rather than letting the players punish him, IMC could be shooting themselves in the foot by setting a precedent for a style of policing that they don’t have the resources to commit to.

PS: That said, if it was up to me, I’d definitely strip Stifmeister’s account bare as a warning – that way everyone still hates him and he gains nothing.

1 Like

to be honest, he did get punished by the community itself

he has no guild since then till now, and most of times when people see him joining a party they either kick him instantly or get mentioned and have to kick him anyway. in automatch snake, as soon as people see him, one of them will bail and others will do the same too

i think that is already a good enough punishment

2 Likes

yoooooo why the thief getting sympathy now?
Thief still free roaming. He can still play the game guildless. Even if people casted him out, he can just rename again after sometime. Its not that all people know his deeds or blocked him. And I doubt someone will monitor his name change forever in their blocklist.

How bout the victim guild? We all just pretend no one got robbed?
If someone robs your house clean and you know who it is, you just shame him in public and let him have the things he stole? Is that how it works?

I also don’t believe that its GM or Management’s fault. No one’s at fault for someone’s ill intention. Afaik the dude is already an established member of the guild. A trusted member that deserves an access/authority to the “Shared” Storage. This might be an internal conflict, but the fact the someone resorts to theivery is a different story and clearly violates the Terms of service:

^^^ this was mentioned many times above

IMC can confiscate items, like what they are doing to those suspected RMT transactions in Market. Ofc they can also give it back, and even give it back to the original owner. So why they can’t do it in this situation?

I don’t think anyone has sympathy for Stifmeister, more like I think everyone is on the same page regarding the situation:

• The player Stifmeister took advantage of a guild’s trust, robbed their storage, ran away with it and sold them for personal gain.

• For one reason or another, IMC doesn’t intend on intervening with this case due to rules and reasonings, leaving the affected guild without compensation and the culprit running off scot-free even to this day.

• All players can do now is to make Stifmeister’s life in and out of Telsiai as hard as can be such as aforementioned actions on previous posts if IMC is going turn a blind eye to this.

• Players, in turn, have done all they could with whatever means they had, like spreading the word of the player’s infamy, screenshotting the player’s lodge, kicking/leaving parties the player is in and more. Everyone feels the same way that Stifmeister deserves a kick in his non-existent balls for doing this.

• Everyone else have played their part and the ball is on IMC’s court now to initiate any further action. Until then, the status quo won’t change and it sets a dangerous precedent for other malicious players instead.

My condolences for the guild UnderTaker for this mishap, and this incident serves as a warning to other guilds to be more careful with their storage, at least.

fbafbdasf

3 Likes