Tree of Savior Forum

Steam controller on tree of savior?

Well since Tree of Savior has it’s own joypad as far as we know.

IMC admins and Tree of Savior Contributors, will you guys consider teaming up with steam regarding with their item STEAM CONTROLLER? any plans, perspectives and ideas in the near future?

2 Likes

+1 i hope it works just like any other gamepad for this game. I will be purchasing the steam controller and i have heard how people say playing with a gamepad works great on this game.

@giken928 Steam Controller is so complex and yet compact when it comes to its design and features. and im going to buy as well especially when the OBT and they decide to collaborate.

I also want one as well XD

1 Like

Some time ago, Steam made a Sign-UP to the “Steam Controller: Developers Edition” for Developers to Port their games to the Steam Controller!

ToS Devs, you should check this out! and Sign Up http://steamcommunity.com/steamcontroller

1 Like

I have the Steam Controller.
While I cannot recommend it for certain games, I can now recommend it for Tree of Savior.
Initially, it did not work well. But a firmware update from Valve has made it possible.

The Steam Controller is now not only functional, but it feels really nice with some of the profiles some users have created (Though they were intended for the XBOX360 gamepad).

But basically it now uses the right touchpad as your mouse cursor and the L3/R3 buttons as your left/right click (Which is essentially the function of the mouse). The R1 key (Or pressing down on the mouse touchpad) will bring up your rest menu. The L1/2 and R2 when held down, bring up your actions. Double pressing in any direction with the joystick will make you dash and use your stamina on Swordsman type of classes.
Without holding anything down; the A key is jump, X is your attack, B is used to talk to NPC/interact with objects and Y brings up your item menu (Or you can bring it up by using the mouse functions described above).

Essentially, it’s as close to perfect as it can be (For me).
However, since the Steam Gamepad is so customizable, anyone can change the profile under the steam community profile page; or make your own template however you want!

One catch.
Must maintain Steam in Big Screen Mode (Or TV Mode) to read the community profile and cannot let it close or switch to Desktop mode or it’ll crash your controller profile.

2 Likes

Oh, is it on sale already? Even in Canada?

Not yet, Agranite. Not to the general public anyway.
I pre-ordered on first day and those that did got the controller early October and began BETA testing/building profiles.

I’ve uploaded a profile that has just about everything bound. It can be found under the Steam profiles page under my name.
I hope it helps; though I strongly recommend you tweak it around to your own preferences.

Just made the purchase, this controller is awesome :smiley: