Stabbing have been one of my prefereed skill in hoplite class and before rebuild i used it a lot, the timing wasnt a problem despite having 190+ ping.
then i returned to the game and found stabbing have more reliable damage but somehow i feel it got some tweaks in the key pressing. i mean:
- if i dont press the key in time stabbing ends quick.
- if i press the key so quickly it end also prematurely, its feels like stabbing it only mean to be pressed 10 times each 1 second, but if you press the key faster consumes all the hits and ends the skill.
- somtimes i press it like the button animation show so i get the same rythm but its like 50/50 chance to work or not.
i dont know why this happen to me after rebuild update, but because of this stabbing isnt anymore one of the reliable skills i used before. the same thing happens with inquisitor scissors but i rarely miss with them but stabbing rarely works.
why no change the way stabbing works?
- maybe a channeling? where you hold the key until the bar fills and ends stabbing.
- or the way around? where you hold the key to charge the bar and once filled stabbing is released
- could be also like hexen dropper from corsair: just press 1 time the key and stabbing is released
- lastly like a buff that locks you on stabbing stance for 3-4 secs (well im not sure how much should last just enough to last the same as the actual stabbing) and only will hit if you press the key of stabbing until the buff end so pressing faster or slower the stabbing key doesnt matter and dont end before.
i dont know why i only have this trouble with stabbing but sadly due pressing faster the key, pressing it slowly or some lag bump hit you or whatever make the skill ends prematurely.