Tree of Savior Forum

Murmillo Skill/Stat Build?

As in topic, what should be the stat distribution for my Murm?

I’m torn between these stat builds:
full STR (full power)
75 CON, rest STR (more tanky)
50 CON, 120 DEX, rest STR (dex for clones)
full CON (walking fortress)

Which build would be the best for PvE? Also is the skill build ok?

Getting 75 CON or 50 CON is a matter of preference. Honestly I wouldn’t get any CON in that build since (in my opinion) the most important thing CON gives is block rate and your block will be very low in that build (No Finestra, High Guard lv 1).

DEX is not worth it for Clones. Won’t be very useful in your build since none of your skills benefit from atk speed and you don’t have swordman3 for high concentration damage.

Full CON is not an option for pvm, not even on a full tank build. Too much content revolves around dps and having high hp pool doesn’t even help you that much.

Skill build is fine, I’d get one point into Katon no Jutsu because the attribute can make you invisible for 8 seconds even while attacking. It’s not super useful for pvm cause mobs will often run away of regen hp stupidly fast when you’re invisible (if you’re solo) but it still helps getting aggro off you if you’re low on hp or running for your life.

Mijin no Jutsu is very clunky with a stupidly long animation (often buggy) and the hp cost of the skill. But then again, nothing to do with the remaining skill ponts after you maxed Kunai and Clones.

Full STR and 1 into Katon it is then! Thanks for the info ^^

One more thing, regarding equipment - should I stick to full plate for max defense or full leather for accuracy/crit rate? As for cards, is all Glass Mole good? I read that it gives you a good burst, as much as 80% physical attack for 10 seconds (turns blue pots into doping)

You can get either (whichever you prefer) but I would strongly suggest using a Oghma Gauntlets / Swift Oghma Gauntlets. Getting extra 20% damage against leather targets is a big difference in pvm (most mobs are leather).

Glass Mole cards are quite good, but expensive to setup. I use 8x Gazing Golem cards on my Murmillo because it gives a lot of Pain Barrier procs when you make a big mob with Swash Buckling (I’m also only Swordman 1, so very bad Pain Barrier uptime). Gazing Golem is much cheaper (doesn’t need to lvl up card) and also opens the possibility to remove the lv 1 cards easily and re-sell if necessary. With Glass Mole cards you’ll have to wait 8 days for the free daily TP to remove it (or not). Glass Moles are obviously much more useful in ET and in boss fights, tho.

Before getting the Glass Mole cards, I would suggest getting your weapon to at least transcedence stage 4/5. That will be around the same price as 8x Glass Mole cards with (very roughly) the same effect.

Sorry for reviving this post but lately I’ve been wavering between builds and it’s driving me crazy.

Namely, I cannot decide if I should do the Pelt/Rode/Shin/Murm for dps or Pelt/Rode/Murm for tanking. At the moment I’m Pelt C1 and I need confirmation from you guys or I’ll go insane.

What I originally wanted to do:

Stats: Full STR
Pros:
+Burst from clones
+Ninja Walk attribute
+Increased Maximum Weight attribute
Cons:
-Shinobi quest (I did the Appraiser one for my SR and it was a pain in the azz, even tho I got lucky and finished it in just 5hrs, and if this one is as irritatig, then I dunno…)
-A bit squishier than Tank version
-Summoned clones can lead to your downfall as you share damage (or so I heard, needs confirmation)

What’s been bugging me for past few days (no idea if done right, need some help on this one):

Stats: STR 2:CON 1
Pros (compared to OMA version):
+More Pelt skills to be affected by Cassis Crista attribute
+Tankier, almost double the HP
Cons:
-Less dps
-No useful Shin attributes

I did a small calculation between stat builds to see how much base HP I’d get from Swashbuckling’s +25% HP attribute and this is the result:
OMA: base 27254 hp -> swash 34067 hp
Tank: base 46225 hp -> swash 57781 hp

With the Tank build I thought I could add Shin as rank 9, but it’s gonna be aeons till it arrives… And even when it does, probably Murm C2 will be better choice…

Please help, I can’t play my swordie comfortably before I solve this problem…

1 Like

Bump

Please halp O/\O

One really popular Korean build is swordy1-pelt1-hop2/3 - rode2/3 - murmillo

Hop3 is ideal since it gives +20% dmg on medium targets and more block+crit via finestra.
That +20% dmg works in pvp/gvg/tbl too since players are medium sized. Also gives insane block.

Pros? High crit + aoe ratio + insane block. Syncro thurst gets awesome boost from murmillo. Also gives you spear lunge so evade thrust does insane dmg. More range. Better stats on spears… both hop2 and hop3 works. With hop2 you get rode3.

Pick your poison.

Thank you for the input, but I’m already confused as I am, and I don’t need a 3rd option ^^;
Let’s just stick to the 2 I listed, shall we?
I know it’s just a choice between a dps and a tank, but…
On one hand, more burst.
On the other, more survivability.
At least I think so. Will picking Pelt 3 really make much of a difference? Are Butterfly and Umbo Thrust worth dropping Sinobi, which has kunai, clones, reduced stamina+faster moving speed in one attribute etc?
Or would just doing the 2str:1con star distribution work for the 1st option (OMA)?

Well… as far as i know. Most that had shinobi after combat patch rerolled to pelt3-rode3-murmi and said its way better. They even have way more dmg now.

Butterfly gets buffed By murmillo. hits quite hard. Also rode3 can buff its dmg By more with high kick + slithering / headbutt combo. Umbo Trust has its usage.

Kunais are decent but really quite bad if you dont have hop2 for pierce debuff.

Shinobi clones dont get murmillo attributes so their copied pelt&rode skills do quite low damage. Butterfly buffed via murmillo does more dmg than clones do with pretty much all pelt skills copied and maybe even all skills combined u copy. High kick works but still. low dmg since they dont get attribute buff from murmillo.

To be honest Boruto works best with swordy3 and hop2-3.

Oh yeah… Pelt3 got buffed in ktos if i remember right. Getting extra provoke and other stuff. Technically with pelt3 ur more useful to party and since it got buffed its good.

That “reduced stamina” isnt really game changing… lol… and “faster moving speed” isnt huge boost… you get more By using wind runners etc…

Boruto murmillo kinda died with combat patch. Other options are better for murmillo. Even corsair1 is better than boruto.

No matter, I just wanna go with it ^^
Soo, does this build work?

I know people add at least 1 in other Rode skills, but I’m using a gamepad and it’d just turn into a clusterf**k of skills. So I figured I can live without some of them…
All I know is:
Guardian: don’t need it, doesn’t work with Gung Ho
Shield Lob: chasing after my thrown shield… no thanks
Langort: I heard it kinda sucks
Shield Charge: “Thomas the Tank Engine” mode sounds nice, maybe I should put some points here?
Montano: attributed Umbo Blow does the same thing imo
Shield Push: um, eh? no idea about this one

to be honest id rather use guardian5 than gung ho 5. Gung ho5 is pretty much garbage compared to guardian5 even if you go full str. Its more worth it if you had swordy2-3. Even with around 500str gungho5 would only give around 100patk while 5-7 guardian gives you 150eva and 25-31% pdef which helps a lot more than 100patk… and yeah since ur 2:1 str/con. you wont be getting 500str so easily. Most of your damage comes from weapon anyways. I myself wouldnt even consider STR as damage boost stat but rather accuracy stat. Con is worth it more for swordies. Get decent STR like 80~160 and then rest on con. Also dont just allocate that xxx str points. Look up your total STR so its divided By 10’s. So if you have lets say 326total str. throw in 4 extra to get 330 for bonus and so on. always try to aim for total divided By 10’s since bonuses go for every 10.

Shield charge just got buffed in ktos. removes r7 in pvp etc. other garbage. 1point wonder. Great for knockdowns too.
You shuold put one point to shield push. its fast and has decent dmg even at lv1. around 413% and thats withuot attributes and murmillo boosts it even further. good filler. take 2 points off from shield shove and put em to shield push and shield charge.

forgot to mention. You shouldnt get 4 glassmoles. Soon we get new card system that allows only 3 same cards usable at the same time. Also doubt its good to stack 3 cards since there will be set bonuses on combining different cards. Maybe 3 same cards will give more bonus/set bonus / combo bonus tho. anyways max 3 same cards anyways.

So I should put these 5 points in Concentrate then? I heard Thrust wasn’t good.
So from which skill should I take points? Rim Blow?
I might as well put 1 in Shield Lob since it’s enhanced by Cassis Crista.

That just flips the distribution around, 2 CON : 1 STR XD

Oh, I thought it was reduced to 4 cards per type, that’s why I set them up like that. I’ll hold off on getting cards for now then, since not many are that good anyway, and the good ones are hard to get.

Also, what gems to use? This is how I see it:
Sword - either Red, Green or Yellow (?)
Shield - Blue
Top & Bottom - Red
Gloves & Boots - Yellow

Is that build a PvE build as you stated in your first post? PvE builds don’t really need CON and getting high/full str is much more useful for when your weapon isn’t transcended yet. If it’s a hybrid PvE / PvP build getting high CON is fine (but it’ll make your PvE damage a lot weaker).

At stages 5 or lower you can expect STR to be 50~70% of your total damage (so it’s a huge difference if you don’t have transcedence yet!). STR only becomes “less useful” once you get stage 8+ weapon, which makes STR be about ~30% of your total damage.

As much as you want to build a tanker (and believe me, I’d love to have a typical tanker in ToS), endgame PvE has zero necessity for “full tank builds”. You can tank really well provided you have gears without worrying too much about CON.

Man, I really need to pick one and stick with it >.<
At the moment I’m Peltasta C1, lv 33, 2con:1str, and my build so far looks like this:

I didn’t want to put points into any other skills because I was waiting for the replies, so I just got the core skills.

I’m planning on going this:

Can I still rescue this character or do I have to start over?

Do you intend to pvp and be good at it later on as well? or do you want purely pve character?

I hate PvP, so purely PvE, dungeons, ET, ect. Though I want to be useful to the party and keep aggro without dying…

I would make something like this then:

https://tos.neet.tv/skill-planner#11333aaac.253555.1a3f6a7585.3f5165798a95.1121334575

I’m not a fan of getting lv 1 skills (i.e. shield push) because theyre really useless in PvE and only useful in PvP. The only lv 1 skill useful in PvE is slithering as a magic damage block (but even then it’s quite meh). I wouldn’t bother with montano / shield push / shield lob as these are all awful.

In my build I took lv 10 high guard cause it’s a really useful defensive skill. Guardian may be tempting in a tanker build but it’s actually not that great given the diminishing returns in def. Future kToS update will also double armors defense so guardian will be even lesser of a difference in PvE. The -atk penalty is huge and you can expect it to heavily affect your damage. Guardian lv 6 means exactly 6% less damage with all your atks and skills. High Guard has the same issue but it also gives you tons of block making you nearly impenetrable in PvE (given you have a nice shield too), while Guardian will only give you ~10 to 20% less damage taken depending on your def.

You can keep CON at 60~90 but I wouldn’t get it past 90 for a pure PvE build.

I see, thanks again. Sorry for being so indecisive ^^;

One last thing what gems to use? Is this setup fine?
Sword - either Red, Green or Yellow (?)
Shield - Blue (for block)
Top & Bottom - Red (for hp)
Gloves & Boots - Yellow (for hp, block pen)

I doubt asking about cards will make sense now since there’s gonna be that card amount restriction coming on…

Sword either red or green is fine, no idea which one is better but it’ll only be slightly better if so. Yellow sure isn’t a good choice.

Top & bottom = yellow for phys defense

Boots = blue

Gloves = doesn’t matter for PvE

Shield = blue or red, both are good.