Tree of Savior Forum

[Discussion] Retiarius - Q&A on PVP & PVE builds, gearing, skills and strategies 🎣

Hey
It’s some time since I was out of TOS, and Im still a bit lost about the status change

Going for Swordsman>Peltasta c2>Hoplite c3>Nak Muay>Retiarius c2 , should I focus on Str or Dex? Or mix it? :thinking:

Reti3 Silence debuff on rete is lvl2 (or less)? bloodletting can block?

For GTW:
Swordman1>Peltasta2>Rodelero3>Templar1>Murmilo>Retiarius2

Current build (pvp/pve-tank hybrid)

• Sw3 - Pelt3 - Cors1 - Rete1 - Murm1

High threat gen from Pelt3/Murm
PVP viable with Sw3/Rete1

Armor break from umbo + Trident Finish is a good pvp combo provided enough block pen
Come rank10 will be able to disarm 1st to kill high block opponents.

1 Like

For Murm + Rete with a shiled, should I go str or dex?

pve - str

pvp - dex

you have a skill to make you attacks never miss (rete atribute)
and one skill who make you never get blocked…
Retiarius is so OP for pvp, go full con

While this is true, at least for PVP you don’t want to be a one-trick pony. If your entire game plan is wait for rete, disarm, and finisher then you will become predictable.

You want block pen so that you can connect with other skills while your combo is on cooldown, that way you can force people to make mistakes and make it easier to connect with your combo.

revenge is near

1 Like

In fact i do not play @tbl and im also a swordman (templar).

Funny how you are following me in every post I do threatening to win my guild, but I say that you do not have to discuss it here, it’s not the right place.
My point here is that even using full CON in a retiarius (with the change of the disarm and the passive of rete) can indeed - indeed - be effective,
Of course, it would make him a very easy-to-read character as @Remiri said, but he still had some role (especially in pvp’s with a larger number of people, in which what matters is not necessarily attacking weaknesses and buffs delay), for the simple reason of being much more difficult to organize buffs, delays…

sw3>hop3>cor3>shinobi
sw3>hop3>cor3>ret1

I want to do a corsair centric build with r10. What benefits the build more, Shinobi or ret1?

I’m currently using Sw 1 > Pelt 2 > Hop 1 > Corsair 3 > Reti 2 for PVE
I’m thinking of changing to something like

what do you think?

It’s not necessary to have pelt 2 in most content. Free that rank and you can have either hoplite 3 or corsair 3.

How about this? I got a nak muay unlock voucher from the invite a friend event and was wondering if nak could act as a good filler when ret and hoplite skills are on cd. Gonna use the character for daily CM and dungeon runs only.

Sw1>pelt2>hop3>nak muay>ret3

I already have a murm build for my other swordie as well. Gonna test if murm 2 will be worth it with the c2 Scutum hit or just go with ret2 for more net targets.

Sw1>pelt3>hop3>murm1/2>ret1/2

Not sure if anyone asked this before, but how about skill point allocation for retiarius C3? Mainly PVE.

Things I have in mind.
http://tos-th.com/skill-simulator.html#1134488diii.2355.3545.1a3a71.11297a5585.55254114.1725314f516a7185

• Pull rete how much target is enough? With finestra, My trident finisher have 14 AAR which means 7 medium target hit. But skill itself is useful for gathering anyway.
  • Throw rete, similar to pull rete, but also increase duration by level.
  • Trident Finisher, as high as possible of course.
  • Dagger Guard, lv1 should be enough since hit count does not scale by level.
  • Disarm, nice to have but it is only filler for PVE build.
  • Dagger Finisher, as high as possible of course.
  • Vital Protection, not sure if lv1 is good as panic button for death prevention, else 0 or max?
  • Blandir Cadena, max of course.

Thanks in advance.

SW1-Pelta2(Or Sword3)-Hop3-X-Retic3 is the best build for PVP?

Anyone feels like the pain barrier attribute from sw c3 is not working? the xtra duration thing

This is the shield Reti build that I’m using currently:
http://tos-th.com/skill-simulator.html#1133344dcii.55.1f384b617585.193a4a71.5525.11354475.142a4a5571

The damage burst during bunshin is pretty crazy, between pierce debuff (spear lunge 50% + throw rete 100%), defense debuff (umbo thrust 30%? + disarm 25%) into 3x throw kunai.

Outside of bunshin you have a pretty nice amount of block from finestra/high guard, enough low cd skills to cycle through as well. Both synchro thrust and umbo blow deal insane amounts of damage once you get a block off.

I think the corsair variant is the better one. Iron Hook working on bloodletting. Something like cor 1 - nobi - reti3.

Well I’m not sure about Nobi since alot of TBL players uses zoomy and using that makes it obvious on where you would be ambushing.

(ps: I have no idea how to make zoomy work on TBL, if you know do tell)

There is a ‘TBL friendly’ version of zoomy that disables it during TBL i think it is in the addon manager

1 Like