Tree of Savior Forum

[Discussion] Retiarius - Q&A on PVP & PVE builds, gearing, skills and strategies 🎣

Mmm I finally ended up goin for the classic SWD1 PEL1 HOP2 COR3 REI2 because i found a cheap nice spear, im so weak to bargains :sad:

why the only meta build from a swordman tree its a 1h spear one…:distinguished: ???

Because the only good 1h sword class is in the archer tree (hackapell)

:haha:

1 Like

Super noob here who got baited over something new so started building one.
My path will be Swd2, Hop2, Cor3, Re2
Currently 185 on Rank 6 With a Strength Build on stat allocation all str and 50 con…
Did I goof up too hard? For what I see in the topic it looks like this is a dex class. Is it still salvageable?

I forgot what Revelation quest line, it’s either Mage Tower or Fortress of the Land. Go to Vibora and choose adventure. the next option will allow you to choose one of those quest and one of those contain “Stat Reset Potion”. The other Contains Skill Reset.

Refer to Wiz/Sword rework patch note, ctrl + F Stat Reset.

You should still be fine. 130~150 str gives accuracy and lets you hit enemies 100% (aka you dont miss). Just invest the rest of your stat points on dex. It’s not as bad as you think since dex is really only felt at the latter parts of the game when you have more than enough crit rate. Right now, you only have finestra as your source of critrate, you can improve that later with gears, then dex will finally show its worth. I might be wrong but I can say that your build is still fine.

Im so desperate. Should I go for pel2>hop1>rod3>mur1>ret1. Is this good for pvp?

Hop1 doesn’t do a lot. Hop3 is most optimal for any build with Hop.

If you want to stick with Rod3, I suggest going Sw1 Pel2 Rod3 X Murm1 Ret1. X could be Corsair or Nakmuay for PVP - or Dopel or Shino for some PVE DPS.

So I am now doing nak muay quest, but I wondering if it is better than corsair. I knew that if I choose corsair it give me chance to lock down enemy, but for nuk muay it give me damage. So what should I picked I need suggestion.

Shinobi’s Kunai are affected by the Rete’s pierce Debuff ?

Afaik, it should as long as it’s a 1H spear weapon. Iirc, my stabbing got boosted; I was using 1H spear and stabbing has no weapon restrictions like kunai.

I cant choose between Shinobi or Nak Muay in the build.

I already know that Nak Muay works in this build, there someone that tested it with Shinobi ?

sw>pelt2>hop3>[Shinobi OR Nak Muay]>Ret2

@Siegnir it really depends on what you are focusing on with your character. I would say that going Shinobi is just purely for bossing and nothing else, ret debuff+kunai is really powerful. On the other hand Nak Muay gives what that build setup lack the most, which is lack of skills for rotation, although most of the NM skills are strike and slash, imo 4-5 skills is better rather than probably 1-3 skills from Shinobi, so i would go nak muay.

???
There arent much skills to copy with pelt/rete/hop? o.O
So why shinobi?

How about Corsair?

More skills even pierce skills another debuff Hook and the skills are copyable.

Hey, Im going for a Retiarius and was thinking about going for Swordsman>Peltasta>Hoplite c3>X>Nak Muay>Retiarius c2
Would this be ok? What could I put on Rank 6?
Or going Hoplite c2>Corsair c3 whould be better?

take Pelt 2. There is barely any point of doing Pelt 1 since you only get taunt and a very bad duration of guardian. Pelt 2 with the gem has 100% uptime for Guardian and a 20% damage reduction makes it the best buff skill in the swordsman tree. The huge defence gained allow you to do more DPS as you need less times to heal up and just straight up tanking damage.

But the most important is that with Pelt 2 you gain High Guard. Using High guard after Finestra will cancel Finestra’s Fugly Overhead Spear Stance.

2 Likes

Thanks!
100% uptime for guardian really looks to be nice!
What status should I aim for this build?

Thanks again

Oh… And i kinda like the overarm spear stance hahaha :blush:

You can also consider Shinobi instead of Nak Muay if u want to do better at bosses.

Is Shinobi realy usefull on this build?

for bossing and using the Retiarius Pierce Debuff, nothing else.