Tree of Savior Forum

[Discussion] Retiarius - Q&A on PVP & PVE builds, gearing, skills and strategies 🎣

The ‘ninja’ nerf/fix (since so far it wasn’t stated in any ktest/tos updates so far) only affects it’s PVP aspect; iron hook will soon be resisted by prophecy, bloodletting and beak mask.

2 Likes

https://tos-kr.neet.tv/skill-planner#11333444ii.253555..1f3f4d5171.17274a5571

Is this build ok for pvp/tanking on the new raid?
I want to go 1:1 Con/Dex.

I guess i should use Plate set and the Block pen necklace?

Seems good to me, not sure about skills though.

I’d cap my DEX at 150, then put everything else in CON.

Plate set is a given, though you could also try the 3-cloth (robe, 2 accessories) + 4-plate Solmiki (bottom, gloves, shoes, 1 accessory) combo for the stats and +HP boost.

By the way what’s this block pen necklace you’re pertaining to?

This : https://tos.neet.tv/items/584113
I just see it brings only 60 block pen

Well i dont have any solmiki gear.
I have a lot of shards but thats all.

Im more woried about the lack of dmg skills with this build 

1 Like

A good Primus set with 40+ CON and DEX/STR + Frieno set should be good enough.

Stabbing is probably your strongest Hop skill outside of bossing where Pierce comes in.

Pel ranks doesn’t offer much in terms of dps without Murm but it’s worth the tradeoff if you’re going the tank route.

You should be fine for PVP, but yes you’ll lack offensive skills in your rotation for PVE.

Ever considered going Murm1 Ret1?

lol
Problem solved.
Got a Pelt C3>Rode C3>Murm C2 i just rank him down.

You don’t need block penetration on Retiarius.
After divesting the enemies shield with Disarm, he won’t be able to block anymore. And since the Rete skills can decrease the enemies evasion to 0, the enemy is ± finished once you’ve got them in the net divested, ready for a Trident - or Dagger Finish

Too bad Disarm can be blocked.

3 Likes

Fundamental misunderstanding of how skills work does not a good argument make.

If only, you need high BP, disarm is blockable, and the shield debuff is just a few seconds. I’m Murm 1 Ret 1 and almost all my equips have bp and I still get blocked.

Lel. Theorycrafting at its best

You never fail to amaze me! Keep it up :heart_eyes:

Guys can you criticize my build please, I have a lv340swordy that I want to reset and I don’t know what to do with it so I thought to give this class a shot.

it’s mainly for PvE, I know Reti’s strong point is PvP but since I don’t have any funds I first need to get a good equip if I ever want to try PvP so for now I’ll focus on pve.

Sw1>pelt2>hoplite3>Shinobi>Reti2
stats I’m unsure, so I’d like your help there too

pelt2 is taken just for swash and guardian, I tought about taking sword3 but since I’m not going to pvp any time soon I can just replace it with gazing golem cards (rip double slash), if you have suggestions to replace it I’m happy to hear them

Shinobi is put there because there isn’t another strong pierce class for just 1 or 2 ranks, there is corsair2 for hexen dopper but I think that Kunai is about the same with less cd and less rank investment, plus bunshins after the balance can copy 3 of its skills so it should do a decent dmg on its own (I thought about copying thrust but eh)

also please help me distribute the rest of the points of shinobi and reti

https://tos.neet.tv/skill-planner#1133444dii.11233555.3a4a65.1f2c3f517161.55254111.1a21314a516171

thanks a lot to whoever reply :smiley:

edit: is it still possible to “cheat” the cds of skills when used with bunshins by not using the last overheat? I’d like to reverse the cd of kunai

Seems good to me, though I’d personally go Murm1 Ret1 in a PVE shield build for more skills in the rotation and stronger Pel-Hop skills.

As for the distribution, you can put 2 of your remaining Shino points in Mijin as it’s a really strong finishing skill for Bunshin (use it last since it cancels Bunshin). I find Katon’s animation to be really slow and clunky so I just use it for the invi. You can reserve 1 point for Mokuton in case you want to PVP in the future, or just use it on Mijin if you’re confident that you can acquire a skill reset potion at some point in the near future.

As for Ret, I personally like maxing Pull Rete since doing so gives it nearly the same CD as Trident. Not really sure if it’s worth points in Dagger Guard and Finish for a non-Corsair build as that requires additional investment in a dagger for just 2 skills. Also, High Guard gets removed if you switch to 2h or a non-shield offhand. I’d rather throw the remaining points in Throw Rete for higher duration especially when in Bunshin mode so you’ll have a rotation like:

Pull Rete > 3 x Trident > Dagger Finish (if you really like switching with dagger)
Bunshin > Throw Rete > Hop skills > Kunai > Pel skills > Mijin

PVP Build: sw1 - pelt1 - hop3 - cors1 - Nak Muay - Reti2

https://tos.neet.tv/skill-planner#1134448kii.253555.153545.1f3f5a7461.152535.1523324154.172a4a516171

pelt1 for added defense when needed
hop3 for finestra crit/block, stabbing for dps, long stride for CC/DPS
cors1 for iron hook (yeah yeah its rank1, its still useful just pay attention to buffs on your enemy)
Nak for filler damage since this build has very few damage options beyond trident finisher, needs filler
Reti2 for the memes

Would default shield and only swap to dagger for dagger finisher, if needed.

1 Like

Sup ppl, im looking for a Shinobi-Reitari build and was thinking about this:

SWD1>PEL2>ROD3>SHI>MUR>REIT

Idk what u think about it but im gonna use it for pve

Consider taking Hoplite1 instead of Pelt2 for the free AoE attack ratio, since you’re going to use it on PvE. I have a Pelt2 Rod3 Shinobi Murm NakMuay and I really miss Finestra.

1 Like

Guys, what skills of Retiarius that Bunshin no Jutsu can copy?

Nothing. Shinobi can’t copy any rank 8 class skills (lancer, murm, retiarius)

Why force shinobi in this build?
The helmet attribute dont work on clones so you can copy very weak skills.
And loose higher lvl on guardian Butterfly and the armor break-skill.