Tree of Savior Forum

[Discussion] Retiarius - Q&A on PVP & PVE builds, gearing, skills and strategies šŸŽ£

Dragoon3 is usually the most preferable for PVE IMO but if you like Ret in your build the following is good too:

As someone who has a Ret2 I feel like going Circle 2 bends more towards a PVP role so picking Murm1 is more preferable for PVE due to it boosting lower rank damage as well as additional skills in the rotation.

Hop C3, Dop1 and Shino are personal preferences so feel free to replace them with something else like Hop2 Rod3 (offensive) or Pel3 Hop3 (defensive).

ā€¦or have Shino for bossing and go Pel1 Hop2 X X Shino (with upcoming update for Pel, going Pel2/3 will be really good):

1 Like

Retiarius 2 is really nice for PVE, it gives you the Dagger Guard: Deflect Projectiles attribute and the Throw Rete: Enhanced Net attribute, which allows you to deal double damage with Pierce type attacks on Boss Monsters after using Throw Rete.

Also, Vital Protection: Near Escape allows you to survive instant death once every 50 seconds (with 5 seconds of invincibility afterwards), which is really neat for endgame content, so I would say Retiarius C2 is worth it for PVE even if you donā€™t PVP.

3 Likes

thx for the reply~

hmmā€¦
how about SW1 P1 Hop2 Cor3 Ret2 ?
will this work?

and Double Weapon Assault from corsair,
is this skill still need to click 2 button every time ?
any change after patch?

This is the build Iā€™m using at the moment. Itā€™s pretty fun and somewhat strong. Manually switching to a pistol to use Q&D isnā€™t as bad as I thought it would be.

Yes, DWA is still the same; you still need to mash the main attack and dagger attack buttons.

1 Like

Do you use DWA with your pistol or with your dagger?

Yeah but reduces the already short duration of Rete if u turn on the Boss attribute :S

still enough time for trident finish to hit 2-3x for double power if your level of Throw Rete and/or your Aspd is high enough. Imo itā€™s one of the good points.

Also, letā€™s not forget that you get more points to put into Trident Finish and/or Pull Rete.
Pull Rete has 45-2*skillevel seconds CD time, so every Rank in Retiarius offers up to 10 seconds less CD time.
At level 10, Pull Rete already has 25 seconds CD time, which is only a little longer than Trident Finishs CD time.

This allows your Pull Rete>Trident Finish combo to be available more often, which is great for farming/leveling.

The greatest advantage of Retiarius 2 is that you can directly advance into C3 with Rank 10.
While we donā€™t know how good it is, weā€™ve already seen how IMC conceptualized/revamped Classes, so we can expect Retiarius to become even better at C3.

For me, unless you want to do some PVP, Retiarius is a must-C3 Class, itā€™s very special and very unique in its gameplay and requires a very specific gameplay that doesnā€™t fit well together with Classes other than Hoplite&Corsair, and to only get it at C1 for the Pull Rete with 35 seconds CD feels like a waste of potential.

You are forgetting the fact that u need a pretty high investment on AoER if u want to hit more than 2 enemies with Trident Finish, i told u that already
Also Pull Rete just pulls 8 enemies, well itā€™s not like u are going to hit more than 6-7 enemies with Reitarus skills lol

Throw Rete just gives u 3.5-3.8 seconds on bosses, it isnā€™t bad if u have Barbarian (but Barbarian buffs require too much time investing like: running for at least 7 seconds to get Wild Nature to work at lv5 since below that is worthless and stacking frenzy + debuffing with Cleave + Warcry to extend the poor 3.5 sec to 7 but by the time u use Warcry it will be only 2.5 seconds turned into 5 due to slow animation as much)

If i want to PVE i think iā€™m FAR better with the classic Shino, Doppel3 build

For PVP itā€™s pretty nice but keep in mind, ur Corsair will be useless once the JToS ultra nerf to Iron Hook which turns that debuff into a lv1 debuff so, bye bye Corsairs @pvp

Also forgot to mention, it would be nice that Throw Rete Enhaced Net attribute would automatically work, what i mean? once u turn it on, it will reduce the duration to half even if u throw it to simple mobs and forces u to cosntantly be turning it on and off :S

Thatā€™s because IMC balancing sucks and Doppel Shinobi is just broken.
IMO IMC got to decide, either make a Class use a strong weapon (twohanded) but then only give moderate skill attack, or use a onehanded weapon but then get high skill% to counterbalance.

Powercreep is especially a result of IMC being blind with their solutions of buffing/debuffing.
Btw, Doppelsoeldner was a support mercenary job, his job in historical times was to create an opening in enemy formations so that cavalry and infantry could break through the wall of lances, not to mow down enemies.

IMC wouldā€™ve done better to create that Class more accurate as a debuffer that focus on destroying the enemies defence&interrupting it instead of making it the usual no-brainer MMORPG Class that wields a huge sword as if itā€™s made out of paper mache.

But, you have to accept that not everyone likes Doppel & twohanded swords.
Itā€™s very limited, and Shinobi is another lazy Class design with skills that donā€™t really matter aside of Bunshin no Jutsu (people only get the Class only for Bunshin, which is just stupid because the skill is still broken even after adjusting it).
Retiarius has a better overall design, sure, it got less damage output because it doesnā€™t have 8 damage skills, but at least itā€™s more interactive and gives offensive and defensive options aside attacking, which make it way better balanced than building some Dragoon/Lancer/Doppelsoeldner/Fencer, which is one of the biggest reasons I like the Class.

It turns the rather static combat in TOS into something dynamic on the player side.

Who knows, maybe IMC will give us some attribute like Hangmans Knot attribute that reduces the AoE Defence ration inside the net to 1 with C3? As the new Classes are already fully conceptualized, I guess thatā€™s a thing to find out at Rank 10.
Also, given that Retiarius is pretty strong already, it might be too overpowered to give that attribute to just Retiarius C1/C2, because while they are using the net quite effectively, theyā€™re not masters at net-throwing yet;
Imagine if Ret1/2 had that at GvG, I guess people would just instantly die to a semi-well invested Retiarius [Shield Divest>Net(0 evasion)>Trident Finish for 2x damage&50% base crit chance].

Also, itā€™s not as bad as you might think, Swordsman already starts with 4 SR(ingame term for AoE Attack Ratio).
If you use full Solmiki Leather set, you get +2 SR, you can also use an AoE Alchemist Potion to get another +3 SR. With 9 SR you can already hit up to 5 medium sized monsters.

If you really want to hit the full 8 medium-sized targets, you need three 10-star Centaurus cards (+6 SR in total).
All in all itā€™s achievable if you want to invest into your character.
You could exchange some gear for additional AoE attack ratio, but currently aiming for Solmiki Leather should be one of the top priorities for physical attackers (plate is also an option but has less crit boost) and pretty ā€œcheapā€ considering that you can collect the whole set a lot easier soon (transcendent equipment being tradeable through storage+halved transcendence costs) and casually on the side[the longer you wait, the less you have to pay for rerolling cubes; you need an average of about 18 cubes (9 weeks) to get an item without spending silver on rerolling].

1 Like
  1. Itā€™s exaggerating to say you need to highly invest in aoe atk ratio gear as it become more affordable now. You start with default 3 and a typical reti goes with hoplite which add another 3. Vubbe glove add another 2. Phada/Mirtis brac is worth for investment and you can share with your other characters. Even centaur card is cheap now. And start using this addon, swapping gear so much easier with it. Addon Collection Showcase! [Update 13-01-18]

2. Top CM - 3/4 monster in CM room 9 is small size. HG 340 got area with small size monster.

3. If you play barb3 enough, you wonā€™t bother with keeping wild nature stack cos itā€™s not compulsory. You get barb3 for the warcry debuff. You donā€™t cleave for Trident Finish. You only cleave for slash type skill once your pierce skill rotation done. With 3 overheat, you dont have +warcry debuff it. Aand it add flat 10sec, not double the duration. Do you even barb3, bro?

4. Thereā€™s addon to easily toggle attribute if you need it. I havenā€™t tried but you got a good point on the half duration. I might install it later. Addon Collection Showcase! [Update 13-01-18]

1 Like

Someone knows if Spear Lunge + Rete stacs? in my tests they dont fit well ā€¦ :frowning:

Vubbe glove in 2018, lul

Need to suggest a cheap gear for a cheap guy :wink:

I use Barb3 in conjuction with Shino because of the new copyable skills, yeah forgot to mention that i am SWD3 BAR3 SHI REI2
Iā€™d try Hop3 but already got one with my Dragoon

Your post was a bit unfair on reti when youā€™re not doing it right. You are losing a bit in pve and gained a bit in bossing. Sounds fair to me.

You can learn a proper rotation from vids below. All shinobi skill is pierce type so net will double their damage.

And as my earlier post, there are ways to overcome AAR with gears and knowing where you playing.

As Swordsman you start with 4 SR by default, not 3 like Cleric/Wizard.

Hey guys!

Iā€™m really excited to try out Reti and I have been looking up threads and forums about builds.
I wanted to focus on Spear and Dagger so I was thinking of going for something like
1 Swd 1 Pelt 2 Hop 3 Cor 2 Reti. I think Iā€™ll be going towards pvp but i also want to do ok in pve.
Iā€™m really new to this game so I donā€™t know much but I like Impale Dagger, Dagger Finish, Trident Finish along with the Disarm plus net debuffs for a big burst. Also what would be the stats if I were to go with this build?

Thank you!

I think something like ~120DEX, ~150CON, Rest STR would be ideal as you plan to PvP.

2 Likes

^ what he said.

100 CON at the least.

The bad thing with Hoplite in a non-shield build is that you canā€™t enjoy the evasion bonus of DEX due to Finestraā€™s massive deduction. In this case, 100-120 DEX is pretty good enough.

Still, the crit rate boost for a maxed Finestra is worth the trade off. You can still utilize itā€™s block bonus by switching to shield whenever your Dagger Guard is on CD or offline, or youā€™ll only want to switch back to dagger when needed (e.g. to use Dagger Finish or Corsair skills).

Good thing DWA doesnā€™t disappear when you switch to shield and you can use Guardian and SB with dagger.

Not really a big fan of how STR is right now, but you do you!

Thank you for that! I really like Crit and attackspeed so maybe more dex. While reading more in this thread I just found out Corsair will be nerfed ouch! Does this mean cor3 would be a bad choice in the long run?