Tree of Savior Forum

[Discussion] Retiarius - Q&A on PVP & PVE builds, gearing, skills and strategies 🎣

Let’s use this thread to discuss about the class, ask each other questions and answer each other’s as well. I will try my best to curate the information collected by this thread as well as from other sources.

Please feel free to contribute to this thread especially on the builds section, as well as correcting information particularly on the skills and attributes. I’ll be updating this whenever I can.

Click on each section below to view them:

Introduction

Introduction

c_warrior_retiarii

Class Name: Retiarius

Swordsman, Rank 8

The Retiarii are gladiators who use the net (or ‘rete’), one-handed spear and dagger as their main weapons in combat. This class is specialized in using the rete to entrap or disarm their opponents. (tosbase.com)

Weapon Preference

One-hand Spear (main-hand, required for most skills), Dagger (off-hand, required by 2 skills)

Playstyle

More on PVP than PVE, very high burst small-AOE damage, CC/debuff, survival

Class Skills & Attributes

Class Skills & Attributes

Last updated based on iTOS patch on: 2018/09/14

Class Attributes

• “Use One-handed Spears” - Can equip [One-handed Spear] type weapons. Increase attack range by 5 when equipped with a [One-handed Spear].

Circle 1 Skills

Pull Rete (pure CC, rank 3 debuff)

• Throw the rete at nearby enemies and pull them towards you. Number of targets increase with level.
  • Enemies trapped by the rete become momentarily unable to move. Duration is 7s at all levels. Affected by certain PVP rules (lowered/halved? duration, diminishing effect when used successively on the same target).
  • Affected targets receive additional damage from Pierce attacks (+100%) executed using a One-handed Spear. Doesn’t stack with the +100% of Trident Finish and Dagger Finish when target is under Rete debuff.
  • Rank 3 debuff - can be resisted at 80% by PDs with Beak Mask buff on.
  • Requires and consumes item “Rete” (1 per cast, 0.1 weight, purchased from Retiarius Master)
  • C1 attribute “Daze” - Reduces the evasion of enemies affected by the [Pull Rete] debuff to 0.
  • C3 attribute “Heavy Net” - Enemies pulled with the rete become momentarily silenced for 3? seconds.

Throw Rete (pure CC, rank 3 debuff)

• Throw the rete within a designated range to immobilize the enemies trapped by it. Number of targets increase with level.
  • Immobilize duration increases with level but applies half against other players. Affected by certain PVP rules (diminishing effect when used successively on the same target).
  • Like Pull Rete, affected targets receive additional damage from Pierce attacks (+100%) executed using a One-handed Spear. Doesn’t stack with the +100% of Trident Finish and Dagger Finish when target is under Rete debuff.
  • Requires and consumes item “Rete” (1 per cast, 0.1 weight, purchased from Retiarius Master)
  • C1 attribute “Heavy Net” - Reduces the evasion of enemies affected by the [Throw Rete] debuff to 0.
  • C2 attribute “Enhanced Net” - Applies [Throw Rete] to boss monsters as well.
  • C3 attribute “Pull Down” - When used against flying enemies (including players using Levitation and Hanging Shot), pulls the targets down to inflict fall damage. The enemies are considered as ground targets and Levitation/Hanging Shot buffs are removed.

Dagger Guard (buff)

• Deflect Slash, Strike and Pierce attacks with your dagger. 50% block chance against 15 attacks or until buff expires (duration increases with level)
  • Dagger on off-hand required. Doesn’t matter what your main-hand is (e.g. 1h sword, 1h mace, none, etc.). The buff is automatically canceled if your character is not equipping a dagger.
  • C1 attribute “Enhance” - Increases block by 1% per attribute level while the [Dagger Guard] buff is active, up to +10% (total of 60%) at max attribute lv.10.
  • C2 attribute “Deflect Projectiles” - Adds a chance to block Missile attacks while the [Dagger Guard] buff is active.
  • C3 attribute “Ricochet” - Returns the damage of missile attacks blocked with the C2 attribute “Deflect Projectiles”, inflicting it on the attacker.

Trident Finish (physical, pierce, attack speed)

• Pierce enemies in your target’s direction and deal damage with your spear.
  • Critical chance (pure 50%) and damage increased (+100% but does not stack with rete and other pierce debuff effects like Spear Lunge) when attacking enemies affected by the rete debuffs, Iron Hook, or Arrest.
  • Character critical rate apply separately. This means if you don’t crit on the skill’s 50% chance, system will rely on your character’s crit chance against the target.
  • Affected by AOE Attack Ratio
  • 3 overheats (can use 3 times before it goes on cooldown)
  • One-hand spear required. Doesn’t matter what your off-hand is (e.g. shield, dagger, none, etc.).
  • C1 attribute “Enhance” - Increases the damage of [Trident Finish] by 0.5% per attribute level up to +50% at attribute lv.100. +10% added damage at maximum level (+60% in total)

Circle 2 Skills

Disarm (physical, strike, rank 3 debuff)

• Attack enemies all around with the rete to deal damage and reduce their physical defense (-25% at all levels). Debuff duration increases with level.
  • Affected character targets become momentarily unable to equip a shield during debuff’s duration.
  • Being a physical attack skill, this can be blocked (if enemy is using a shield or a buff that blocks physical attacks) which consequently prevents the debuff from happening.
  • C2 attribute “Enhance” - Increases the damage of [Disarm] by 0.5% per attribute level up to +50% at attribute lv.100. +10% added damage at maximum level (+60% in total)
  • C2 attribute “Remove Helmet” - Applies the effects of [Disarm] to helmets as well. Affected helmets: Cassis Crista, Dragoon Helmet

Dagger Finish (physical, pierce, mobility)

• Leap forward (very small distance) in your target’s direction and stab the enemy with your dagger, dealing damage (based on dagger’s damage + other non-main-hand damage sources).
  • If the target’s HP is at 50% or lower, your attack can deal up to 350% additional damage based on how low their HP is.
  • Deals additional damage (+100% but does not stack with rete and other pierce debuff effects like Spear Lunge) to enemies affected by the rete debuff, Iron Hook, and Arrest. The HP damage increase above does not stack with this debuff increase.
  • Affected by AOE Attack Ratio but has very small hitbox
  • Dagger on off-hand required. Doesn’t matter what your main-hand is (e.g. 1h sword, 1h mace, none, etc.).
  • C2 attribute “Enhance” - Increases the damage of [Dagger Finish] by 0.5% per attribute level up to +50% at attribute lv.100. +10% added damage at maximum level (+60% in total)

Vital Protection (buff)

• The skill will make your character immune to critical attacks for its entire duration. Duration increases with level.
  • C2 attribute “Near Escape” - Prevents your character from becoming incapable of combat once while the [Vital Protection] buff is active. The buff disappears after the effect is triggered. Provides 5 sec of invincibility. Applies only once per round in TBL.

Circle 3 Skills

Blandir Cadena (physical, strike, slash, mobility, debuff)

• Dash towards the enemy over a short distance and brandish your spear to attack. Enemies hit last are knocked down.
  • 2 overheats (can use 2 times before it goes on cooldown)
  • Affected by AOE Attack Ratio
  • One-hand spear required. Doesn’t matter what your off-hand is (e.g. shield, dagger, none, etc.).
  • C3 attribute “Enhance” - Increases the damage dealt on an enemy with [Blandir Cadena] by 0.5% per attribute level up to +50% at attribute lv.100. +10% added damage at maximum level (+60% in total)
  • C3 attribute “Fatal Wound” - Reduces enemies’ movement speed for 15 seconds and deals additional damage proportional to the number of targets attacked by Blandir Cadena.

Builds

Builds

You can use this R10 Skill Simulator: http://tos-th.com/skill-simulator.html (Note: Some skill info are not up-to-date with current iTOS patch)

Coming soon.

Class Quests (Advancement, Costume, etc.)

Class Quests (Advancement, Costume, etc.)

Class Master: [Retiarius Master] Caecilia

Green dot indicates class master’s location.

Quest Guides

1. Class Advancement - how to become a Retiarius (can unlock at rank 8)

2. Costume Quest

More coming soon. I’ll make sure to provide proper reference/quotes on contributions. Thanks everyone!

Last updated on: 2018-09-14

Previous post

T̶h̶i̶n̶k̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶u̶s̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶r̶a̶n̶k̶ ̶r̶e̶s̶e̶t̶ ̶t̶o̶m̶o̶r̶r̶o̶w̶ ̶o̶n̶ ̶m̶y̶ ̶r̶e̶k̶t̶t̶a̶d̶o̶r̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶ ̶R̶e̶t̶i̶a̶r̶i̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶g̶o̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶ ̶a̶ ̶C̶o̶r̶s̶a̶i̶r̶ ̶v̶a̶r̶i̶a̶n̶t̶ ̶b̶u̶t̶ ̶s̶t̶i̶l̶l̶ ̶n̶o̶t̶ ̶s̶u̶r̶e̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶w̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶t̶a̶k̶e̶ ̶i̶n̶ ̶l̶o̶w̶e̶r̶ ̶r̶a̶n̶k̶s̶.̶ ̶

W̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶w̶i̶l̶l̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶r̶ ̶b̶u̶i̶l̶d̶s̶ ̶b̶e̶?̶

E̶D̶I̶T̶:̶ ̶B̶e̶s̶t̶ ̶d̶e̶s̶c̶r̶i̶p̶t̶i̶o̶n̶s̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶ ̶R̶e̶t̶i̶a̶r̶i̶ ̶s̶k̶i̶l̶l̶s̶ ̶I̶ ̶c̶o̶u̶l̶d̶ ̶f̶i̶n̶d̶ ̶-̶-̶-̶>̶ ̶h̶t̶t̶p̶s̶:̶/̶/̶p̶a̶s̶t̶e̶b̶i̶n̶.̶c̶o̶m̶/̶a̶d̶k̶N̶z̶U̶T̶c̶ ̶(̶f̶r̶o̶m̶ ̶@̶g̶r̶e̶y̶h̶i̶e̶m̶’̶s̶ ̶t̶h̶r̶e̶a̶d̶)̶

EDIT2: Much better translations directly from @greyhiem:

2 Likes

Anyone has a description of all Retiari skills and attributes in english?
I was thinking of adding Retiari to my DPS/Tank.
SW 1 - PELT 3 - ROD 3 - MURM 1 - RET 1
It’s an hybrid, I don’t expect to do a lot of damage, but to be able to tank, debuff and deal damage.
Pelt 3 for Guardian and Armor break mainly, Rod 3 for strike debuff and dps, Murmillo to boost Pelt and Rod attacks, strike debuff with Headbutt and some immunity against missiles and magic. Retiari to be able to use spears (which are better than swords), to control mob after taunting and deal damage with Trident finisher. No dagger skills, I will be using a Shield. Full Con.

1 Like

Sounds like a solid build to me, though I’m wondering if there are weapon stance restrictions for using Retiari skills especially considering how Swordsman doesn’t have autoswitch like Archers do. Been looking at a Nak Muay variant too for Te Trong > Trident combo.

stance restriction only on dagger stuff and trident.
I think you can use the net with all weapon.

for me, I’ll go with sw-pel-hop2-cor2-shin-ret2 (but wont be happening due to lack of reset)
sadly they only give 1 reset, but introducing 2 classes. at least give us 2, so I can change both my sword and wiz.

1 Like

sw3 > hop3 > nak1 > ret2
or
sw3 > pelt1 > hop2 > nak1 > ret2

high damage build, nak1 has all the filler skills pelt variant for better farming.
spear lunge + trident finish for dat burst

maybe even shinobi over nak for kunai spam and clones

1 Like

Sword1 Pelt1 Hop2 Corsair3 Reti2
Sword1 Pelt1 Hop3 Corsair2 Reti2
Sword1 Pelt1 Hop2 Corsair2 Dragoon1 Reti2

The bad thing about Reti burst is the dmg cap. Trident is a single hit skill, so it’s capped at 777k damage. I wonder if Goon1 would be a good choice to increase its maximum damage with Gae Bulg. I will probably go with the first one though.

1 Like

i think doppel 1 would be better for that 3rd build

spin2win and you can pop Dov and Dpe just before spear lunge + trident finish for ez 777 + double exp and loot

I’m going to make 2 Ritiari. First one will be Sw3-Hop3-Shinobi-Ret2, second will be Pelt3-Hop3-Murm1-Ret1. Both will be shield users, no dagger skills for either of them. I also find it funny how Murm1-Ret1 is better than Murm2 is almost every way possible lol

I’m interested in building one for pvp, so I may just go with Rangee Po’s build that greyhiem posted,
Sw3-Pelt1-Cors2-Shinobi-Reti2. Tempting to try to fit in Pelt2 somewhere though, with the new Pelt2 attribute that’s coming.

@Pokart
I think gae bulg still bug as you can’t retrieve the spear without c3 dragoon.

Sword1 Pelt1 Hop2 Corsair3 Reti2
Sword1 Pelt1 Hop3 Corsair2 Reti2
Sword1 Pelt1 Hop2 Corsair2 Shinobi Reti2

^I think corsair will be the standard build for dagger Reti to optimized dagger usage. Or else I don’t see any reason to wield dagger as you can just skip dagger’s skill. Both net skill also good at higher level which will limit our skill distribution.

I’m going with this build
https://tos-kr.neet.tv/skill-planner#1134488dii.233555.14213545.1a283a5171.12287a5585.55254411.162a314a516171

am on a hard spot, cause I was going for hop-cata-shin-dragoon, but now I want to butt in reti somewhere or nya kawaii :pensive:

The translation on pastebin is not from me, I don’t know who made it.

Here is my translation:

The final retiari patch (on ktos):

Item for reitari skill (fishing net). Weight is 0.1 per fishing net.
Reitari class1 skills: trident finisher, fishing net pulling, throw fishing net, dagger guard.
Reitari class2 skills: dagger finisher, disarm, vital protection.
Reitari class passive attribute = equip 1-handed spear.

Trident Finisher Physical & Pierce
Stances:
One-Handed Spear & Dagger,
One-handed spear & shield,
One-handed spear & pistol
(one-handed spear is the requirement)
Cooldown: 20s
Overheat: 3
SP cost: 46.0 (+7.0)
Impale enemy with great force. This skill deals double damage vs enemies which are debuffed by iron hook, arrest, or a fishing net. This skill gains 50% true flat crit chance vs enemies which are debuffed by iron hook, arrest, or a fishing net. The crit chance applies separately from your character’s crit.
Damage: 1700%, +93.5% per skill
Attribute: % damage attribute.

Fishing net pulling debuff
Stances: all.
Cooldown: 45s
SP cost: 80.0 (+12.0)
Throw fishing net to root and pull enemies towards you. Enemies hit by the fishing net receive bonus damage from reitari skills and from one-handed spear pierce attacks. Increasing the skill level will lower the cooldown of this skill. The two damage increases cannot stack.
Fishing net disable duration: 5s.
Targets: 8
Cooldown reduction: (skill level x 2)seconds
Item cost: 1 fishing net
Attribute: reduces dodge rate (evasion) of targets affected by this skill to 0. Unlock at rei1.

Throw fishing net debuff
Stances: all.
Cooldown: 30s
Throw fishing net to a location to root enemies. Enemies hit by the fishing net receive bonus damage from reitari skills and from one-handed spear pierce attacks. The two damage increases cannot stack.
The duration of the net is halved vs players.
Fishing net disable duration: 2.5s, +0.5s per skill level
Targets: 8
Attribute A: reduces dodge rate (evasion) of targets affected by this skill to 0. Unlock at rei1.
Attribute B: this skill will affect bosses, with halved duration. Unlock at rei2.

Dagger Guard
Stances:
One-Handed Sword & Dagger,
Rapier & Dagger
(stance requirement is basically dagger)
Cooldown: 30s
Use your dagger to block Strike, Slash, Pierce type attacks. The buff cancels if you switch out of dagger stance.
Block chance: 50%
Maximum amount of blocked hits: 15
Duration: 10, +1s per skill level.
Attribute A: increase blocking chance of this skill by 1% per attribute level (10 levels possible). Unlock at rei1.
Attribute B: block Missile attacks with 25% chance (increases to 30% chance with maxed attribute A), when this buff is active. Unlock at rei2.

Dagger Finisher Physical Pierce
Stances:
One-Handed Sword & Dagger,
Rapier & Dagger
(dagger off-hand is the requirement)
Cooldown: 15s.
SP cost: 82.0 (+14.0)
Leap a short distance forward to impale with your dagger. This skill deals double damage vs enemies which are debuffed by iron hook, arrest, or a fishing net. Deals bonus damage to targets when they have less than 50% HP. The less HP a target has, the more damage this skill will deal. This damage caps at a 350% increase.
Damage: 2451%, +171.6% per level
Attribute: damage attribute

Disarm Physical Strike
Stances: all
Cooldown: 35s
Attack the target with a fishing net and decrease its physical defence. If this skill is used on a character, you will fish away their shield and make it unusable.
Damage: 1866%, +130.6% per level
Physical Def decrease: 25%
Duration: 4s, +1s per level
Attribute A: damage attribute
Attribute B: this skill will also disarm helmet buffs (dragoon, murmillo)
Note: debuffs bosses

Vital protection self buff only
Stances: all
Cooldown: 50s
Increase your critical resistance.
Critical resistance increase: 50, +20 per level.
Duration: 30s.
Attribute: prevents yourself from becoming incapable of combat once during this buff. The buff cancels when this effect triggers.

My discussion of reitiari (follow chain of post links for all posts) starts here
View first post of krtos video thread to find retiari vids.

8 Likes

I will go with this build for PVP, looking forward to pelt buffs.: https://tos-kr.neet.tv/skill-planner#1133348dii

Maybe right now I’ll try another build until the changes are live in iTOS.

2 Likes

PVP build: https://tos-kr.neet.tv/skill-planner#1111338dii…3a4a55
block and evasion; alternate high guard and dagger guard
max pain barrier
cloak

The only issue I see is that it’s essential debuffs have steep cooldowns ranging 30-40s

2 Likes

I may sound stupid but why Shinobi in this build?

for cloaking since its pvp build

I don’t know if it’s intended or not but atm guardian buff reveals you under cloak. I will go with Pelt3 Rode3 Murm Reitari, a bit disappointed of Shinobi since last patch.

Any information about the quest to unlonck it?

any ideas for stat allocation and skill?? also wouldnt u lose all dagger skills?(just noticed u would only lose dagger guard at c1)still seems like a no dmg build…

You have all the Pelt/Rode/Murm C1 dmg skill i think Reit is only a utility circle for this build.
Shootingstar/Butterfly arent bad with the murm Attri.

Pelt C3 Hop c3 could work too.

Its sad that you cant get Corsair C3 with Shinobi and reit C2 …

1 Like