Tree of Savior Forum

[Discussion] Retiarius - Q&A on PVP & PVE builds, gearing, skills and strategies šŸŽ£

Thank you @greyhiem. Updated my original post.

Do you have any info if Dagger Guard stacks with the charā€™s block stat ie. it utilizes the block stat even if the character is not wearing a shield? Or not, and just a fixed 60% with maxed attribute?

Ahhhh so many choices. I guess Iā€™ll just wait for others to try it first and see which playstyle will fit for me.

https://tos.neet.tv/skill-planner#11344888ii.253555.14213545.1a283a5171.19217f8a95a5.112a314a526571

1 Like

In a mass PVP scenario, which do guys think would be the distribution between Throw Rete and Pull Rete if you had 11 points left?

1.) 10 TR, 1 PR

2.) 1 TR, 10 PR

3.) 5 TR, 5 PR

4.) ? TR, ? PR (comment your exact values)

Would be nice to hear your reasoning as well. Thanks in advance for you inputs!

My build after reset:
Sw1>Pelt2>Hop1>Squire3>Retiarius2

It is my shop-Squire, was Matador before, but Matador without Hoplite/Fencer is one of the worst Classes in the game, so I reset him to be able to deal at least a bit damage on the slaved Saalus runs.
Also took the opportunity to make Basecamp level 10 for demon lord hunting-, guild mission- &raid support since the foods simply donā€™t last long enough without a highlvl basecamp.

Honestly, Iā€™m positively surprised of how effective Retiarius is in the game, heā€™s far better than the usual Swordsman Class without having op attributes/mechanics like Shinobi,Murmillio or Dragoon.

Imo, every Swordsman Class should be more like Retiarius, creating an engaging gameplay that is fun and rewarding instead of whaling out your Cassis Crista and/or building the whole character in a way so that Shinobi can copy all skills.
This is neither fun nor engaging, itā€™s simply bad design and causing a lot of imbalanceā€¦

Anyone considered Sw1-Pelt1-Hop2-Cata3-Reti2 as a super mobility farmer with a shield?

https://tos.neet.tv/skill-planner#11344777ii.55.3545.1a293a71.3f5a8a65.1a254a55

no,because as you can see you canā€™t use Retiarius skills while riding, so using them will dismount you.

1 Like

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 1 hour unless flagged)

Thanks, that explains a lot. Can you think of any viable build that involves a shield? Without Murmillo if possible.

I have fought a reitari in TBL, for some reason it gives me a fencer/matador feel with more utility instead of damage. Vital protection soaks a killing blow damage (quintain 150k , leaving reitarti with untouched % HP ) and has a 3 seconds invincibility aftereffect. Itā€™s damage relies alot on hook and nets

cloaking with overheats, the only problem is that guardian and gung ho buffs make it visible through effects, still cloak is a good kit for pre-emptive CC class.

also mokuton locks a target if succesfuly countered but itā€™s buggy as of the moment.

Donā€™t know, no tests on this. For high gear TBL retiari play use rangee poā€™s channel link

Beware of picking corsair for PVP

1 Like

So, what are your opinions on a PvE farming build with: Sword C1> Pelt C1> Hop C2> Rodelero C3> Murm C1> Ret?
Pelt and Rodelero for blocking and defense, hoplite and murmillo for damage and Ret for cool net skills

Looking good so far.

3 Likes

Shield Reti anyone ?
Sw-Pel2-Hop3-Shin-Reti2 ??
https://tos.neet.tv/skill-planner#1133444dii.253555.16394a65.1f3f4e71.552545.1a244a5571

Started playing again when I saw that they finally added higher upgrade path for corsair, my build is s1>p1>hop2>cor2>shin>retiari. Also having hexen and dust trigger bunshin skills is great.

Can someone whoā€™s already playing as Retiarius clarify to me: which is the best option for a hybrid build (pvp/pve) considering these two:

swd>pelt>hop2>corsair3>ret2 X swd>pelt>hop2>corsair2>shinobi>ret2

And please explain why, thanks

I am a Shield Retiarius :slight_smile:
Took advantage of the free reset to test out the Murmillo + Retiarius combo and took it for a test run in Challenge Mode Solo.

Hereā€™s the recorded video to show case the potential:

The Retiariusā€™ skills fits nicely in my build, as it enables me to debuff enemies to increase pierce damaging skills.

In a party setting, I can assist in being an offensive support by increasing both pierce + strike attacks while being able to contribute as a damage dealer. In addition, I can off-tank or act as main tank as I still have my shield + Murmillo and Pelt defensive capabilities.

The net skill + trident finisher is an incredible strong combo.

I have a similar build to yours, but I didnā€™t take hoplite. Just pelt 3 and rod 3 - murm - ret. Whats your build?

I went Sw1-Pel3-Hop3-Reti2 and pretty much bricked my character completely xD. Damn, the damage is almost non-existent.

I assume you want shinobi for pvp so you can stealth to play more like an assassin. Shinobi also gives you better aoe in a way, even if some copyable skills needs a shield.

@ziherl_rok_phx Can work as tank/farming/pvp-troll build with some investment I guess. The pelt3 damage skills are kind of strong, since dagger finish is your only dagger skill itā€™s better to invest on your shield.