Tree of Savior Forum

<Re:build> Falconer-Mergen

2 Likes

Interesting. Youā€™ll keep Sonic Strike 5 for the Confusion attribute?

By confusion you mean the blind, it only requires lv1 sonic. The lv5 id for -25% defense reduction I suppose :slight_smile:

No? Itā€™s called Sonic Strike: Confusion :stuck_out_tongue:

No, heā€™s right.
Lvl 1 provides blind (7 second debuff)
Lvl 5 provides confusion which is defense reduction for enemies affected by blind.

In the end, I am changing to 1-sonic now and going 12 circling.

I asked about the level 5 one, which is called Confusion. Didnā€™t ask what they do, just asked if youā€™re keeping SS at level 5 for the attribute, lol :sweat:

And OK, thanks. I considered SS 5 at first but I figure those 4 points are better spent elsewhere, hehe. :blush:

My bad.

Yeah I had it at first, I liked the defense reduction. But if they change blind to be like thisā€¦I might barely use pre-emp anymore (itā€™s a ridiculous sp drain). So it might be better to not even have it. Iā€™m a fan of it though. I know a lot of people rather have maxed circling.

2 Likes

Thatā€™s what I feel. Iā€™d rather have more Circling, hehe. It is indeed an appealing attribute, though. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

It could be a useful cheap auto attack skill if sp is managed right (as I want to believe) especially if clearing mobs with high defense values, as for example cm6 (as up until cm5 mobs barely have defenses I feel) but this is just me still rooting for PESā€¦

Falcon also has a min crit chance attribute which (again I want to believe) will shine when he keeps auto attacking. Together with gold marnox and the falcon atrribute then my crit rate, I hope to see PES crit most of the time even with low sfr

1 Like

I still root for PES, lol. I miss the old one! :disappointed_relieved:

dont get your hopes up to aim for 100% crit chance
here is scout video with 2100+ crit rate

This is my endgame ranger-falco-mergen.
For those who havenā€™t seen it, enjoy.

@redwea my sr turned into support healer now, creating another dps is quite expensive when rebuild came.
edit, my bm is the one turned to healer, and the sr remain a dps but now a ranger-wugu-fletcher as experiment. my mistake XD

2 Likes

Crit is hard capped at 60% with leather gears. Crit formula is simply CHR / Target crit resist. Other factors include monster type etc. Against a devil boss, 800+ crit rate should hit 60% cap but against a plant boss you wonā€™t even crit.

You guys are way too serious =).

We melt CMs, Velcoffer is easy, Ennislol has already conquered the Bernice Dungeon in our name etc. I wouldnt get too hung up on all the math, we are 1 of the lucky builds that wasnt obliterated by Re: Build.

I miss my pre-emptive but our new overall damage makes up for it, the only thing that honestly bothers me is the down time on aiming, aside from that its all roses.

Just dont sweat the min/max number crunching details too much. There are multiple loadouts that work well, and even multiple class circles; ranger can easily be swapped out for pied piper and all your abilities can be tailored to mobbing or single target or a mix for general pve.

Try multiple things, dont get caught up copy/pasting what you see all of us type in the thread, find something thats comfortable to you. I personally have only been back for 2 months after over a year and a half away, ive managed to get myself a Velcoffer Bow, a Velcoffer Chest (not the freebie non team storagable one) and I have enough cubes to get my Velcoffer bottoms, just working on the silver to reroll them all.

Its all doable is my point, try not to get caught up in the race to the top. We could play 24 hours a day for the next 2 years and still not catch some of these folks.

2 Likes

Canā€™t agree more lol. At any given setup, if the only target is to have a decent farm even lv1 on skills with lv10 attributes is more than enough.

I just like PES, period. Brought by the old PES. Any other loadout, skill allocation or whatever is based on your preference and again there is no permanent allocation. The build works just fine.

At the end of the day we still accomplish what we want to accomplish, ā€œtop dpsā€ or not. Doesnā€™t really matter to some. Just enjoy playing.

Hi, I am not too familiar with scout. Do they have a skill that doubleā€™s crit rate?

Also, his build may have fake multi hitsā€¦ In my observation he does crit quite a lotā€¦ What I just meant with the falconā€™s attribute btw is the one they added not too long ago that adds minimun crit chance?

Afaik, there are quite a complicated math with it that I honestly dont fully understand yetā€¦ Though I recently have put a lv4 gold marnox and I must say I do feel my crits a lot more often than without it even with onpy +8% minimum crit chance. Not willing to test though since it takes 4mil to unequip it :frowning:

that is because of wastrel sword bonus effect, give 2x crit rate.

i dont quite understand with min crit chance, afaik there is only 1 crit chance, not min-max crit chance like min-max patk

Oh wastrel swordā€¦

Afaik, Iā€™ve been told we have our normal crit rate, yes? But the other mechanic of ā€œminimum crit chanceā€ is like another chance for you to crit in case the first algorithm doesnt crit sorta

Have a look at Blindside debuff description for instanceā€¦ It gives a crit chance that is separate from our own crit, hence giving us 2 chances to crit

So if I am not mistaken, the same may be the same with that falconā€™s attribute. And then another one for gold marnox which gives minimum crit chance

@crevox can you help explain this min crit chance from falconer attribute?

Agreed with @Battle_Forged.

Also, for being back only 2.5 months, youā€™ve geared up pretty well. Itā€™s taken me since velc started, and I dunno how much money but if I had to guess around 800m+ on rerolling, bricking, anviling, ichoring, all my stuff. Iā€™m glad to see itā€™s possible for people to come back and be able to get onto a good path for gearing.

But as for builds, weā€™ve had a lot of time to test stuff and tinker with things to fit our playstyle and what we do in game.

We donā€™t need to get too caught up in numbers unless you guys really want to push for rankings in things.

Like for myself, I want to go high in Bernice and I want to rank 1st on world bosses, so Iā€™m incredibly particular in what Iā€™m picking. I doubt unless you want to and have gear capable to do these things, the difference in certain skills are pretty small. You might as well go for funner skills. (I personally donā€™t like homing, but itā€™s better than I originally thought, so I took it).

But this doesnā€™t mean we canā€™t change, they introduced that system where we can freely change by accumulating points by doing in game stuff. So play for a bit and if you donā€™t enjoy it or like it, change. We donā€™t need to wait for rank resets anymore.

3 Likes