Tree of Savior Forum

[ PvP ] Catalansair (5/29/17 UPDATE: final skill revamp)

UPDATE: skill distribution and attributes for cataphract C3, with description and technical details.

2 Likes

UPDATE: skill distribution and attributes for corsair and lancer, with description and technical details.

1 Like

First of all… I love this build ^^

So… i’m on my way to become a lancer and i really want to know which gem combnation should i put into my Catacombs pike??

I suggest green gems, I personally use green gems on my Lancer as well. Green gems are more suited for burst/single hit skills like crush+quaintain while red gems are more suited for multihit skills, yellow gems is more for PvE to do maximum damage.

There will be stat changes in the future and critical rate will be harder to get which makes green gem more valuable.

Enjoy the lancer class and goodluck! :smile:

1 Like

Not related to PvP but gonna share anyway,

This was a boss battle guild event that gives Mystical Cube Recipe. It took us 30 minutes to kill this almost 1.7 billion HP boss, with a party of 3.

1.7 billion HP boss, HP scales with participants

Mystic Cube Recipe, yay :yum:

3 Likes

Just found out that crush’s -50% physical attack and defense debuff, only reduces flat 50 appoximate. It’s highly likely to be a bug, and will send ticket asap.

There will be alot of changes soon and hoping for the best with our class.

Catalansair is too long a name. Called it Cowboy build before it became mainstream.

1 Like

Theory crafted and possible new lancer build with the coming future updates:

sw > pelt > hop2 > cor 3 > lancer

• diverse weaponry: 2H shield / 1H spear and pistol or shield or dagger
  • strong CC with gap closing skills: corsair 's hook with 19 sec uptime, with 6 sec downtime, combined with joust or long stride as gap closer.
  • block synergy: pelt block, lancer initiate, hoplite finestra
  • offensive buffs/debuffs: finestra’s 150 crit rate, spear lunge bonus damage to pierce, crush bonus damage to quaintain
  • pseudo ranged: pistol shot with 2 overcharges

Off topic…

Nice,I actually have enough mats to craft 2 mystic cubes with that rc,but still working to raise guild lvl for it. Considering my guildmate already got regard pike rc for me, i’m hoping my current mystic cube will finally hatch…

Oh,i also quit tbl for the time being,maybe for a month or 2 to focus on gears,i see u again in tbl when im done xD

1 Like

Haha, I wish you all the luck! Btw, you might want to reconsider making RHP once since they changing Lolopanther Pike and Somiliki Pike to legend type item, Lolo Pike have almost the same damage as RHP, and Solm Pike as new BiS.

https://tos-ktest.neet.tv/items?type=THSpear&order=ulvld&f=1

Hi Tanzen,

With the revamp coming up, what’s your opinion on this build in terms of PvP?

And what are your alternate Lance build paths once the revamp patch is implemented? Will this build still be optimal and viable?

Thanks Tanzen.

1 Like

PVPwise, It will be more viable because crush and unhoursing multipliers are buffed, lvl 5 crush alone is already stronger than lvl 5 dethrone, it will be even more stronger when crush debuff bug gets fixed, dethrone still have the range and cooldown advantage. Despite the buffs, there’s also a nerf, joust is nerfed to 2 hits and low multiplier. Corsair’s Keel hauling damage got buffed as well ,but unfortunately it will be hard to use since you can only use it when multiple hook target attribute is off which is a bad idea.Cataphract still seem to be decent but with a weaker rush damage.

Also the attack speed feature “may” complement Lancer’s fast execution style, skills lack flashy animation delays.

[quote=“Pockie, post:31, topic:347840, full:true”]
And what are your alternate Lance build paths once the revamp patch is implemented?[/quote]
I’m considering corsair 3 to experiment when the patch comes to itos. Anyhow, it’s still early to say because the changes in ktest are very drastic.

No matter what changes, I would stick to Lancer anyway. :slight_smile:

TLDR: Lancers will have more killing potential in the future patch.

1 Like

Dethrone is a bad exemple, his damages are ridiculous for PvP versus geared targets. if we compare to Lancer, Dragoon c2 will never have a place on PVP due to animation cast + inferior damage + lack of utility.

But they probably don’t want Dragoon viable in PvP. Instead of fixing Dethrone bugged range and give him real damage in exchange … they make it irrevelant.

1200% (1800% if you can hit with Serpentine) skill versus some 3000+ % for Archer and even Inquisitor (2250% God Smash with blunt weapon, 60% more damage after conviction, possibly in large AoE with the Heel damage too, x3 xD)

ADDED:
First TBL video showcasing catalansair on TBL 2v2, both lancers are catalansair, the video is old but still serves its purpose to demonstrate.

My internet is slow but I will add more soon. :slight_smile:

Nice vid !!

I currently main this build and 2V2 with it often i have a few vids of matches and can say this build is amazing!

2 Likes

Nice first match! the thrill kicked in when both player can potentialy kill each other in one hit.

1 Like

when we were in a match together, i always hated how you dnt use impaler for more damage

Poor Funeral and their non-restrain build :c

1 Like

More TBL videos to be uploaded this midnight. All lancers are welcome to post their videos, I’ll gladly link them. :grin:

ADDED: 1 video pre-transcend era

stat milestone 1700 evasion!:slight_smile:

1 Like