Tree of Savior Forum

Preparing for a Healthy Economy in the International Server

I do understand what you say, and ill never spend $30 in an item for a game, that is what i would spend in a full game (if im to hyped to get it). What im saying is that the item is exclusive in the sense that only few ppl can get it, at least initially, for example if you think in the consoles when they are just released their prices tend to be a lot higher at release than at the end of the first year, almost with every electronic products that are not essential is the same, the same is with digital games (Steam) games release at $60 and at the end of the year they end in sales with around 50% less to pay. If the ToS have those prices in Korea that is coz the Korean market allows that pricing… That is why i say that we shouldn’t complaint until we start the iOBT.

1 Like

All I wan’t is cheap or no exp boost. I could care less if they want to charge $100 for cosmetics.

Funny what some people think is pay2win though. Haven’t heard one complaint about being able to sell your cash shop items on market which is basically converting money to silver lol

1 Like

I agree with nearly everything posted.

I don’t think there’s very much in the Cash Shop that is appealing enough to spend much money on (probably the reason why TP tokens cost a lot). They also probably put the TP token price slightly higher than an average sub price to reduce the amount of people buying multiple tokens to resell into the market. Personally I don’t agree with that.

Tradeable/Sellable TP tokens, albeit a nice way to get everyone to ability to have that benefit, is just a near direct way of trading money for silver.

Lower the price of TP tokens, make them untradeable, along with your suggestion of removing the mov speed and changing it to 3 attributes.

That way it only serves as a convenience.

I also don’t agree with removing EXP boosters. It’s such a good way for IMC to make money, and a great convenience item for players as well as a way to make the grind slightly easier.

What they should do is change the exp books to time intervals of 1 day / 7 day / 30 day, and make the cost/time less. $1/hr is more than nearly every f2p out there.

Hopefully @STAFF_John can read and forward this before international OBT/release.

1 Like

I agree with everything to say but this. I’m not complaining, I’m making suggestions.

What is your take in my changes for taxes, @FatePGN?

Taking a look at them over and over, they seem somehow fair to help decelerate the growth of silver amounts managed in the server as a whole, specially since silver & drop prices seem to scale very well in the later maps.

Keep in mind that since IMC Games is having Steam publish the English version of TOS, they’re going to have to price things accordingly so Steam gets a cut of the profits as well. It’s possible the English version prices may be lower than the Korea prices, but it’s also possible for the prices to be close to the Korea prices. Just depends on how much IMC Games wants to make and how much of that is being given to Steam for publishing services.

1 Like

Your statement is wrong there, Steam is not a publisher, its more like a distributor, Steam is just a platform for companies sell and distribute their products, who will be dealing with the money and CS is IMC or a publisher they chose if it is the case, imo i preffer deal with IMC directly than a publisher.

Of course IMC have to pay for the use of Steam platform, but its like a rent to keep the files and a window shop in there.

“Publishing is the process of production and dissemination of literature, music, or information — the activity of making information available to the general public.”

While IMC will handle the management of the iToS server(s), Steam will handle some of the publishing (the dissemination part), so that makes it somehow a publisher. I’m still glad IMC keeps control over everything, though.

I do really hope they run a fair-er price regionalization, lower on the not-so-rich countries. I mean, Steam does have information to make that happen, I hope IMC pays it mind.

My assumption is based on what info i see on the left side of the games window shop on steam, there is the developer and publisher tags there so i am basing on that, but fair enough.
And yes, glad that it will be under them.

This fair price topic is kind delicate lol, what i mean is, be it a fair price, region wise different dollar values are still applied, unless its regional, what i mean by that is, lets take South America as an example, if they add a server to this area, then all the more the regional monetization to occur, which will lead to accessible prices for us, but in a global way, its different, since it will fall under the dollar, it’s not fair for everyone but it’s no one’s fault either, who will have difficult will have to deal with it in the end anyway, but as i said, as long as there is nothing that will disturb my game play, i don’t care much in that aspect, the only downside for me is that if i really like the way things turned out and want to demonstrate my support to the developer, i may not be able too depending on what come out from the pricing, be it for the in-game sold currency (TP or iCoins) be it the price of the CS items/services offered.

1 Like

Well, I’ll just tell you that the USD to MXN exchange rates increased this year from 14.74 to 17.34 (that’s a whopping 14.99%), and it keeps on rising. That is one of the reasons why I honestly hope they don’t go just USD to your currency for pricing, it’s gonna get more expensive by the time for me .-.

1 Like

That is the thing that end up fking all of us, and as i can see you are in an even worst situation than me, 17:1 is overkill.

1 Like

I feel your pain bro.

Politicians keep on sayin that’s because USD prices are increasing, but truth is that MXN price is also decreasing.

Uhmm…

one full day of work.

30 Dollar?

I think you’re missing out on the fact.
That they want to make money with the game.
And most people they want to attract to their game … make way more then 30 dollar a day.
(I don’t want to brag … but i make that in 2 hours [after heavy tax] and that’s not even an high salary.)

A haircut goes for 15 dollars here (cheap) up to way more if it’s not just a simple one.

They will most likely affix the prices for the international version.
But not that much cheaper.

It’s the same with some games.
Russian Version of Tiberium Alliances = extremly cheap prices
European and American Version= 20* more expensive

…There were people buying into russian servers, so they could compete easily there…

Until 1 year ago or close, the dollar price here was around 1,70, that wasn’t so bad, then the government decided to do some changes on taxes and other things, the price skyrocketed and its been increasing since then.

@greenfoxy21 i will take you are pointing out to the OP, indeed for some it’s not that hard, and i do understand that they need to make money with the game if they want to keep it rolling, but IF they do something about the regionalization, they will have more income, but i don’t know until where it is worth for them do that, or that region/country have a local publisher, which lead to many controversy, why? Because most, and depending on the region/country not all of the publishers are greed.

Well, in the end, we will have to wait and see how it will end up.

Not all. Yes.

But anyways.
I doubt that the prices will be lowered that much.

We will get prices that are payable and affordable for american standards.

If i learned one thing from my hobby and work.
If you can sell something to two partys, with different prices.
And make more profit with readjusting the price to an good level.
Do it.

That’s why the same product may be sold in asia for 30% less, then to europa.
And +40% for japanese markets …

If someone is willing to pay for it. Let them pay.
If you can sell more volume and still make less then with the good priced ones … abbadon that.
Except your overcapacity and need to get the stuff out, even for low profit.

xD

Haha.

1.39 Dollar per Euro in year 2014.
1.10 Dollar per Euro in year 2015.
1.08 Dollar per Euro atm.

I still remember the time i could buy something cheaper in the USA then here, even with tax+shipping fee.

It’s only about 77% of what it once was. And i won’t go into the detail of that a german mark was worth more, before the euro even came xD.

But this helps economy ^^. My chef is grinning each time the change rate goes down and cry each time it climbs up … one cent makes a few million more or less earning. It’s the same for any big firms interacting globaly with dollar as main paying form.

Just dropping this here too.

http://image-upload.de/image/zgDSON/3dbbd78077.png

Yeah, i know what you mean, on a simple pov, it would be doable, i mean, it is pieces of digital data we are buying, not something solid like a RC car or a video game console, we don’t have to worry about import taxes (at least i don’t think they are applied to digital products), but on a business pov things might change, as i said before, i can’t say for sure what is what since i never had to do that kind of business at my old company (computer parts shop).

In the end, our world is not that much globalized as some think lol.

Nice comic strip btw LOL. Perfect picture of the situation i would say.

That’s good, much more money goes and comes around in europe, everything is way more expensive there than it is in Mex. And yeah, the fact i’m pointing this out is to state regionalization as a viable strategy.

Haircuts go here from $3 up to $17 (the more expensive ones).