Tree of Savior Forum

[Guide]Muskekekeke, sharing my love for Musketeer [Updated for 29 October 2019 Arts+SFR update]

currently on hiatus, guide updated until sfr buff and arts 29 October 2019 update, for future massive patch for Musketeer and its full build please do not blindly follow this guide.

Author Foreword

Started playing very late R9 as Musketeer and i love Goddess Lada, Giltine, Awoo, and Pepe/Peepo.
Critique and Suggestion are welcomed to improve the guide.

Content List image

• Pros & Cons
  • Class Choices & Skill Builds
  • End-Game Gearing
  • Party Synergies for PvE

Pros & Cons image

This part is about general pros and cons strictly only for Musketeer class (not including a full builds).
Pros

• Fast and high single target burst damage.

Cons

• Squishy.
  • Very slow movement speed
  • Lacking of sustain dps.
  • Relies heavily on other class and timing to maximizing damage output.
  • Requires to invest in some playtime to feel highest potential of this class.

Class Choices & Skill Builds image

All the skill build below are tested in PvE content such as Challenge Mode, Unique Raids, Legend Raids, World Bosses, and in PvP content such as Gemstone Feud and GTW.

• Archer image
    PvE

PvP

Multi Shot and Twin Arrow
    Restricted for Musketeer.
    Oblique Shot
    Provide chance to slow which increase some of Musketeer and Tiger Hunter skill damage.
    Leap
    Best surviving skill you have as an archer, and it has iframe to dodge incoming damage, rubberband is fixed you can pick higher level of leap, but dont forget to put 1 pointer on obique for the slow.
    Recommended Arts : Leap: Dexterity, Skill Enchant Arts.
  • Appraiser image

A more supportive class for high-end raid if you’re unable to be main dps due to weaker weapon/gear.
    Blindside, Devaluation, and Overestimate
    These are buffing and debuffing skill which provide minimum critical rate, weapon enchantment, and reducing enemy defenses (Devaluation has a chance to remove opponent enchantment and transcendence to 0 in PvP).
    Forgery allows your party to copy accesories you have, not recommended unless you have high-end accesories (e.g Drakonas, Uphill Legend Accesories).
    Recommended Arts : none.
  • Wugushiimage

Detoxify
    Please just buy Antidote.
    Latent Venom
    Has one of the best arts in archer tree which increase 50% of your STR (it does not reset as long you keep up the buff regardless if enemy dies before you reach STR cap).
    Wide Miasma
    Gives you invisible status and you wont get de-cloaked as long only miasma dot that damaged enemy.
    Crescendo Bane
    Worth to max after it receive new attribute that boost posion damage even further (you have to use other skill first in order to make this skill works).
    Recommended Arts : Latent Venom: Enervation, Skill Enchant Arts.
    NB : Wugushi cannot deal critical damage, however Wugushi able to hit flying units after latest updates.
  • Pied Piper ima*ge
    PvE

PvP

A more supportive class for high-end raid and utility/cc provider in PvP
    Dissonanz and Wiegenfied
    Both are screen wide cc skills.
    Marschierendeslied
    Provide anti knockdown and knockback for number of hits and increase mspd for a certain duration.
    Friedenslied
    Medium aoe cc skills which affect you, your allies, and enemy.
    Lied des Weltbaum
    Increase both damage output and received damage, while gives invulnerability for 3 hits (you can decast this skill by right clicking buff icon once you done spamming your dps skill).
    Stegreifspiel
    Cast random skill that you take except Hameln Nagetier and Friedenslied.
    Recommended Arts : any Stegriefspiel arts you need.
  • Tiger Hunter image
    PvE

From mediocore PvP class and garbage PvE class to one of the best bossing build with full class build combined and arts.
    Tracking
    Provide extra effect to all Tiger Hunter dps skill.
    Eye of the Tiger
    Increase 50% damage to bosses and some minimum critical chance.
    Rapid Shot
    From total garbage to super good, dealing high sfr% combined with low cooldown and fast animation.
    Ambush
    Dashing behind target while dealing damage (has a chance to stun) and low damage, 1 pointer in case if you need it (has high chance to rubberband since its instant movement skill like leap).
    Camo Shot
    1 pointer if you are going to PvP with this class.
    Recommended Arts : Tiger Hunter: Bounty Hunter, Skill Enchant Arts.
  • Sapper image
    PvE without Punji Arts

PvE with Punji Arts

PvP with/without Punji Arts

Good for general PvE, pretty nice for GTW if you’re on defending side.
    Claymore
    From total garbage to a nuke, just take it (but still not good enough for max level in PvE due to its target limit).
    Detonate Traps
    Reduce sapper skill cooldown by detonating self/ally/others magic circles, up to 8 seconds.
    Leghold Trap
    Dealing total 19926% sfr to single target without any attribute, one of the highest sfr in sapper kit, and able to bypass some cc immunity in PvP, however it does not hit flying bosses.
    Spike Shooter
    Does not get sfr buffs which makes it much weaker compared to other, but still good to max for PvE purposes since its a 5 pointer.
    Recommended Arts : Punji Stake: Instance, Skill Enchant Arts.
  • Falconer image

Damage, utility, cc, its all here.
    Roost
    Refresh all of Falconer skill except Roost itself.
    Hanging Shot
    PvP skill, makes you invulnearable to meele damage for its duration, you remove Circling and put more point to this skill (you have to swap to shield since its restricted to musket and cannon).
    Pre-Emptive Strike
    Rotating between Sonic Strike and Pheasant after latest update.
    Recommended Arts : Hanging Shot: Dodge (PvP), Skill Enchant Arts.
    NB: you dont have to always feed your falcon for mspd, slow falcon mspd also have its own perks. e.g they will move slower from their spot allowing them to debuff enemy longer while you move to repositioning further from enemy (you can use either tomahawk, sonic strike, or pheasant to call your falcon to your position or the position you wants instantly).
  • Musketeer image
    PvE

PvP Personal Build

PvP Personal Build means some or most Musketeer main have different skill build that they prefer.
    Grooving Muzzle
    Provide 50% critical chance applied to status window, recommended to keep tracking of this skill duration since its 100% uptime.
    Sniper Serenity
    Provide 100% accuracy and block penetration, this is the breath and life of musketeer build, increasing your minimum attack to maximum attack and increase your final damage when dealing critical damage which boost your whole build damage output.
    Prime and Load
    Has 1 second cast-time in PvP areas.
    Recommended Arts : Snipe: Conceal (PvP), Skill Enchant Arts.
    =====================
    Class Combination
    Here is currently most preferable combination for its respective usage:
    PvE :
    Sapper-Falconer-Musketeer : bread and butter build, good for overall PvE content providing dps and utility for both solo and party play, but not the strongest for bossing.
    Wugushi-Tiger Hunter-Musketeer (arts required) : possibly highest damage dealing for bossing in Musketeer build (very recomended to have high str), due to Wugushi’s STR increase arts and Tiger Hunter boss damage increase arts and other bossing damage increase skill, not to mention pretty low cooldown, but it is weaker for cm and mobbing compared to Sapper-Falconer-Musketeer.
    Pied Piper-Appraiser-Musketeer/Falconer : recommended if you have fixed party and if you do not have good weapon.
    PvP :
    Pied Piper-Falconer-Musketeer : personally this is the best PvP build for Musketeer even before sfr updates, since this combination providing cc, utility, and nukes.
    Pied Piper-Sapper-Musketeer : good for GTW especially if you’re on defending side.
    Pied Piper-Appraiser-Musketeer/Falconer : appraiser boost your damage even further.
    Pied Piper-Tiger Hunter-Musketeer : if you want to PvP with Tiger Hunter.
    Wugushi-Tiger Hunter-Musketeer : all 3 classes providing you with cloaking skill which are Wide Miasma, Camo Shot, and Snipe Arts, but you will be losing so much damage and cc due to lack of Pied Piper.
    NB : Sniper Serenity max damage and Grooving Muzzle critical rate does not get removed if you’re using autoswap, so you can do more cheesy build combination like Ranger-Musketeer, Cannonner-Mergen-Musketeer, etc

End-game Gearing image

For this part i will only highlighting current end-game gear which is Skiaclipse Legend Raid gear and its strongest ichor and Savinose Legend Field so you can work towards that set since Legend tier always have the highest base stat. (For placeholder weapon/armor you can use HG Primus for cheapest option)

• Weapon & Ichor
    Savinose Legva Musket, is your best choice if you’re new because its a Field tier legend and easy to farm (you can farm Planium to craft it dropped from ep.11 maps), also theres no set effect for this equipment, you have to indentify it to get a stat for this weapon, high STR, CON, DEX and red physical damage is very recommended, or you can use a Maginifier that given in some limited time event, exchange medal, and TP Shop.
    Skiaclipse Varna Musket, comes with no build in effect but it has a very high raw damage because its a Legend tier equipment, and you have to put and ichor and Smugi set effect to maximize its potential.
    Wastrel Zvaigzde Musket, is currently strongest raid ichor (arguably Masinios Musket also on same tier) you can get since it provide highest raw damage compared to other musket, which is good for PvE and PvP.
    (as per Update 19 August 2019 you are allowed to use dual ichor on weapon HG/field and unique raid gear.)

• Armor & Ichor
    Savinose Vymedzai Set (Leather)/Savinose Akmo Set (Plate) Set

Latest addition to Legend tier equipment, and its a Field tier legend so its easier to craft (you can farm Planium to craft it dropped from ep.11 maps), also theres no set effect for this equipment, you have to indentify it to get a stat for this weapon, high STR, CON, DEX and red physical damage is very recommended, or you can use a Maginifier that given in some limited time event or from TP Shop. You can also check here for more information about Savinose Gear.
    Skiaclipse Varna (Leather)/Skiaclipse Varna (Plate) Set

Comes with no build in effect but it has a very high raw damage because its a Legend tier equipment, and you have to put and ichor and Smugi set effect to maximize its potential.
    Ignas Plate Set + Skiaclipse Plate Gloves & Boots

Very strong raid ichor mix you can get since it gives huge amount of STR, CON, and STA right now which is very good for both PvE and PvP, not to mention Ignas Plate set effect increase max damage and defense
    Moringponia Set (any type)
    image.
    Cheaper raid option which dropped by Moringponia, prefferable to buy it via market, very suitable for newer player providing high STR, CON, and %status resist.
    (as per Update 19 August 2019 you are allowed to use dual ichor on armor HG/field and unique raid gear.)
    Armor type set bonuses.
    Glass-cannon PvP + PvE = Leather
    PvP + PvE balance = Plate

• Velcoffer set effect (recommended only if you own velcoffer set for set swapping)
    PvP

• Savinose set effect
    PvP

• Skiaclipse Varna set effect
    PvE

• Accessories
    image imageimage image
    Carnas Pyginis Set gives critical rate and physical attack, farmable via Uphill Defense, good placeholder until Drakonas Set.
    Drakonas Pasiutes Set is currently strongest accessories you can get in-game it gives huge amount of STR and CON and other perks, but it requires heavy investment.

• Card
    PvE
    image image image image
    Glass Mole : increase 10% physical damage/card/max level for 6s after using any type of non sharable cooldown SP Potion, great for Challenge Mode.
    %Increase Damage Card for respective enemy type/attributes : card extraction cost reduced greatly after latest update, which making card switching much less costly.
    Zaura/Nuaele : increase 10% physical/magical defense/card/max level
    Netherbovine : increase STR/card/max level.
    Gazing Golem : chance to procs Pain Barrier (anti knockdown and knockback).
    Marionette : chance to slow enemy, great for fighting Misrus.
    PvP
    image image image image
    Glass Mole : increase 10% physical damage/card/max level for 6s after using any type of non sharable cooldown SP Potion, great for boosting your damage.
    Zaura/Nuaele : increase 10% physical/magical defense/card/max level
    Blut : Increase 10 CON/card/max level.
    Utility Card : any %resist card or Gazing Golem, or Dullahan (chance to revive after dying).
    For Legend Card info and how to get or level up you can read it here. Just a reminder that this is not 100% needed but if you do want, you have to prepare for huge amount of investment.
    ===========================

• Gems
    Gems are a very important part of maximizing your DPS especially with rebuild update reducing value of enchantment, +11 with full gems worth more than a +16 with no gems in current time.
    Weapon :
    image Red Gem : Increase Physical Attack
    Armor :
    image Red Gem : Increase Accuracy(PvP).
    image Yellow gem : Increase Physical Defense/Block Penetration(PvP).
    image Blue Gem : Increase Magic Defense.
    image Green Gem : Increase Critical Rate or Evasion(PvP).
    Skill Gem:
    Rodejoker Gem: Penetration Shot +1
    Flowlon Gem: Covering Fire +1
    Blom Gem: Headshot +1
    Yellow Leafnut Gem: Snipe +1

• Hair Accessories
    You can aim for Physical Attack, HP, and 1 Utility Stat for all of 3 slot Hair Accessories, but a reminder that these items are pretty expensive if you aim for the high stat, best option is to wait for event for enchant scroll or you can buy it via TP Shop.

• Awakening & Enchant Jewel
    HP, damage, damage reduction, critical rate/damage is your best choices (accuracy, block penetration, evasion are another option for PvP).
    NB : if you want to invest into evasion build you have to awaken and enchant all your gear with evasion stat to make it works, low evasion does nothing.

• Seal
    Seal is the latest new content introduced for gearing up, currently theres 3 Seal which is Kaze (free from quest), Irredian (from weekly Irredian Shelter cube) and Boruta Seal
    For more information about Kaze and Boruta Seal, you can read it here and for Irredian Seal you can read it here.

Party Synergies for PvE image

As mentioned above Musketeer relies heavily with other classes for maximizing damage output, so here are some classes that will have a good synergies with Musketeer.
Note: this only focused on class/skill that increase your damage output, not survivability.

Closing Word , etc

Thank you for reading, and thank you to any resources that ive used for making this guide.
Once again Critique and Suggestion are welcomed to improve the guide, and dont forget to join PepeNation.
If you wanna check for more Musketeer in action you can check my videos here
So thats all for me currently, will update the guide with future update that coming for Musketeer once tested enough and from any improving Critique or Suggestion that ive received either from this forum or other platform.
51e

10 Likes

One of the best Muskek in Telsiai.

For PvE why Snipe & Headshot only 1? Isn’t the SFR increase is more significant than Covering Fire 1 compared to 15?

Also, for Musket-Sapper-Falcon which attrib should be maxed first?

thank you :satisfaction:
Covering Fire total to 1 target is 2222% sfr and extra 50% damage from Oblique or Broom Trap slow, which is higher than Snipe or Headshot, not to mention its a true multi hit and it also hit more than 1 target for CM.
Also since Snipe and Headshot have a high SFR for 1 hit it will reach damage cap (mostly if you’re geared with velcoffer gear) so theres no need to max it for PvE for me personally.
In some scenario you might want faster cooldown of Prime and Load, and Snipe or Headshot have highest cooldown increase thats make another reason you want to max Covering Fire

Personally im maxing Spike Shooter and Penetration shot, the rest is around 40-80 attribute in my main.

Ah yes that makes sense. No point increasing Snipe if lv 1 can hit damage cap already.

That’s a very clear and detailed answer, thanks a lot! :smile:

Hello, I’m new player… I love your guide but where I should put the status points. STR, CON, DEX?.

STR for PvE and CON for PvP in my opinion

1 Like

Thanks for this guide!! I really need this tho :two_hearts:
also… I wanna know your opinion on Ranger-Falconer-Musketeer build. Is it viable? or much more better if ranger will be replaced by sapper??

personally, i dont think ranger works anymore with musket in re:build (tho its great to pair in pre:re), because of weapon restriction, crit rate cap, and groovling (60s cd) removed if you swap weapon and you have to always maintain crit shot like ranger-mergen
theres steady aim buff, but do you really want to take 1 circle for a single buff, thats your decision

1 Like

I see then… yeah… those two were great during pre: re… but not anymore :frowning: its actually such a hassle to have my weapons swapped, like every single time I use ranger skills… still, the steady aim buff is really good. But I think, its not worthy of sacrificing a whole circle for it… Thank you so much for this!! <3

I forgot to ask.

Why Leghold max not Spring max? Is it because each of 3 trap thrown in single Leghorn OH causes damage individually? So the SFR is x3 for single throw if used with Aiming on boss?

Thanks! :smiley:

yes, each caltrops has its own damage
also you have to makes boss moving forth and back passing spring trap to allow it does another line of damage which is hard to do, thats why i think leghold is better

Oh with big size bosses aren’t they gonna kept getting hit by spring trap, especially if we use Aiming?
But I haven’t count how many attack it hits tho.

EDIT: Nevermind, I tried with my friend, yes it needs the animation of entering the spring trap xD

@nxscythelynz what do you think falconer or tiger for pvp?
i had problem with genbu armor, cant drain enemy mana without combo aiming+penetration shoot :expressionless: cause hard to full hit or multi hit with penetration shoot if not combo with aiming.
and may i know ur skill build for tiger piper and muskek?. ty before nice guide :blush:

aiming+peneshot in pvp surely are a very good combo in addition cc coming from pheasant+piper (not to mention another tools like sonic’s blind and hanging shot to dodging meele type damage which is also have a good use too), in the other side tiger gives you more mobility and makes you more agile in match and making easier to chase an onmyo for your close range peneshot or getting out of combat situation, so ill leave it to your choices.
In the end it depend on your cc set-up and follow-up skill, mainly gear and attribute for shredding onmyo’s genbu armor, you cant really perform your best in pvp if you have low to mid tier investment in gear/attribute, especially as a musketeer/tiger.
for tiger im still playing around and keep testing both of its use in pve and actual pvp matches, so i cant say much yet which is best skill build for tiger, especially in pvp, because i do believe in pvp matches every player have their own skill build that they’re comfortable at.
but this is currently skill build for tiger-muskek ive been using for pvp.
https://tos.guru/itos/simulator?tinyurl=yysngrjn

can wugu AOE skills hold mobs well enough at uphill very hard?

i did run very hard and finished bonus stage too with that build
id say its possible to solo lane (if you’re invested in attribute and gear) but still quite tenacious, i recommend to ask someone duo lane with you for easier hold.

1 Like

how about solo cm stage 6,7?

id say it would be quite tenacious to do s6-7 (have to be geared too), tiger only have piercing shot for mini aoe, as for wugu, that class do much damage really, its more for latent venom art and 100% uptime for velnia.
this build is more for bossing/raid focus, its kinda bad for mobbing (unless you have frieno/drako ver.)

for mobbing/cm purposes id say falc-sap-musk is still the better option

How is Pied Piper-Falconer-Musketeer compared to Sapper-Falconer-Musketeer against tougher mobs? (yeah, I saw those 4ever videos)

Is Broom Trap + Punji better than Lied des Weltbaum + Lied des Weltbaum(Stegreifspiel) for sustained AOE?

Broom Trap/Punji deals damage and adds +50% to Covering Fire and Volleyfire (lv1 :tired:).
While Lied des Weltbaum can make Tomahawk/Pheasant/Penetration Shot + Aiming two times more destructive.

i cant really say anything yet about new update wise, since even though theres some cm videos for new update but i havent experienced it myself

on paper id say sapper-falc-musk is still better overall, it provide you with cc (which is nice to have in cms6-7 nowaday, and probably will give much more value for 4ever update since mobs are tougher) and much less downtime for doing aoe damage (roots, detonate, prime and load), not to mention every skill sfr% are buffed on sapper kits except spike shooter

id probably even ditching lv5 spike shooter and put more point on claymore/punji when 4ever patch comes to itos, since spike already so bad right now because it doesnt receive any sfr% buff and boss fight require a lot of moving now (misrus, crow, moringponia, and possibly more in future)

2 Likes