Tree of Savior Forum

kTOS User Meetup Summary

Greetings Saviors!

We have made an announcement regarding ‘kTOS User Meetup Summary’.

You can check the details at our official website from the following link.

Link : https://treeofsavior.com/news/?n=852

Thank you as always for your continued support, enthusiasm and love for Tree of Savior.

Sincerely,

IMC Staff

4 Likes

:+1::+1::+1::+1::+1::wave:

but we are also considering making transcended equipment tradable.

PogChamp

First, these are the main goals our dev team is working to implement in the near future:

1. Improve the damage calculation system.
  2. Increase the efficiency and revise the effects of each stat.
  3. Create formulas to replace the currently fixed-number skill attack values and effects.
  4. Revise the basic stats of all equipment items.
  5. Readjust the efficiency and cost of enhancement/transcendence.
  6. Readjust the difficulty of all fields and dungeons.
  7. Overall improve the chat UI and develop new group chat functions.
  8. Standardize and simplify item trade policies.

I like all these, but is this a hint that they’ve already given up on improving the game’s performance since it’s not mentioned anywhere in that summary?

Hopefully they’ll give out free stat and skill reset (even rank reset if the changes badly affects a lot of players) once these reworks are implemented. But hey, isn’t this a good way to force players to buy more TP for the resets?

Anyhoo, some gripes (and additional input):

A: The truth is that it has always been a little intimidating for us to talk about our plans for TOS, considering the amount of well-documented bugs we have yet to fix.

TBH, being mostly silent about it is making things worse.

Q: Can you explain why certain leather armor now increases INT?

A: Our intent with this was to reduce the restrictions on the various types of armor for each class tree. Our impression is that it’s currently tilting towards plate armor.

http://gifsec.com/wp-content/uploads/GIF/2014/03/what-Steve-Carell-The-Office-GIF.gif

Q: Auto-matching in instanced dungeons sometimes creates parties that are really unbalanced in terms of class distribution.

A: If we focus on having a more equal distribution of classes in auto-matched parties, it will end up extending the time necessary to create a party. We need to consider what the optimal way to go about this is, since we also have to take in account the number of players in the queue.

Prioritize party balance, then after maybe after 1 minute if it’s not possible then go the “whoever’s available to party up” route.

Q: How about allowing us to enter missions with a mercenary NPC or adjusting the mobs’ HP according to the number of party members?

A: Both suggestions are already being considered and have a chance of making it into the game sooner or later.

~hears collective “yey” of remaining 50 actual players in Orsha~ jk! :stuck_out_tongue:

Q: How do you test for bugs? How do you go about fixing bugs that you can’t recreate on the test server and only manifest on the live servers?

A: We encounter many different types of bugs, from those that affect both the live and test servers, to those that only sometimes appear on the test server. In cases where it’s difficult for us to recreate the bug, the process of analyzing and fixing it often gets delayed.

Still too vague of an answer. How about create a section on your website listing bugs you’re not sure how to resolve so players are aware and some might be able to actually help you figure it out.

Q: Can you allow us to use TP to extract gems without a penalty?

A: The value of gems varies a lot depending on their grade, so it’s not easy to put a TP price on it. We’ll try to think of ways to make this work.

Excrulon whipped up a solution for extracting cards in probably less than a day when IMC couldn’t be forced to push a hotfix. :confused:

Q: We wish it was easier to recognize lucky mobs…

A: We will consider ways to make them more visible.

I forgot the name, but there already is a chat alert addon that immensely helps with this. They can just integrate it.

Offtopic - Please gimme those goods in the shelves! One of each! :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

This is perfect and exactly the kind of thing we want and need. My only concern is timeline, we keep seeing changes are coming when we need them now.

we are preparing another GM meetup soon in our Steam servers!

:smiley:

That is just another pathetic excuse, don’t get fooled.

Its their game, they do what they want, why they are afraid of us?

Now they do really have a reason tho, after all this time ignoring us, doing things behind our backs, they come with a meek attitude trying to earn sympathy?

This kind of thing is what piss me off the most, come out and say what are your plans, if not, just keep doing this crap till you don’t have anyone to worry about your actions.

6 Likes

rip no optimization in the near future

4 Likes

I doubt they are done, ktest server still has an optimization measure we have yet to receive. (Correct me if I’m wrong.)
They also have stated multiple times that they will keep working on it, I doubt we would get the changes any sooner thought. :confused:

1 Like

I just took a look at the news from this thread and every single time is the same thing, be it at this kind of news, or patch notes or answers to bug reports.

“We know about the bug, we are working on it to fix as soon as possible.”

Translating:
“We know about the bug and are trying stuff on it, but we don’t know how to fix it, so keep waiting there.”

1 Like

While it’s annoying to not have concrete ideas, “we’re going to do X and Y”, the good thing about these is the recognition of problems. They want to address all of these problems, they know they exist. That alone is good news, even if it can feel unsatisfactory.

1 Like

summary of that summary is

TOS will be great on year2020

(not a hue)

8 Likes

*heres comes 2020
*100 players left playing
*TOS miraculously gets fixed
*inb4 many players come back
*TOS becames buggy again

jk

i am really hoping for the best

This is no news, they know the issues the game have from a long time, they already admitted it too, we know they know about the problems, but what is the point in trying to cover them with smooth talk?

I don’t know if you where on a thread we where talking about something about this, but I will repeat myself here.

I prefer 1000x they hold on patches for 2 or 3 months, even shut the game down if necessary, to address the major stuff, get their workplace organized and then apply the patches correctly, than keep this farce of “we know and will fix asap”, because we know they can’t do that without breaking something else.

This is not how one work, I worked in a place where the owner worked like this, man, talk about taking care of complains all day long, and the sob only running left and right in his car trying to fool others saying he was doing work.

It’s the same here, they keep going on this we know and will fix but can’t and are sinking even deeper in their own lies.

1 Like

they can try to explain the int on the leather but I don’t know how they think that explains the int on the pistol. “gun mage” would be a cool class… something like how outlaw star guns work. or it could be an archer class somehow…

The key here will be if the next major KTOS content patch does what they have been saying. They have now admitted in a large QA exactly what the problems are, so if they do actually address these issues instead of delaying further then that will be a huge improvement, if it’s more of the same, then there you are. As much as I hate saying “next” it’s the only thing to go off of, especially after a QA like this. I really don’t blame you, or anyone else for being disenchanted, I fall somewhere in there too.

1 Like

Here we go again…all talk but no action. tsk tsk

At this point IMC got too much on their plate. Trying to fix bugs / balance / GVG / TP etc but in reality nothing is done.

X Button Error Fixed

• Clicking the X button from inside the lodge or at the server list screen will now properly close the client as intended.

4 hours patch just for that. I’m sure even script kiddies can fix that in less than maint. time.

Anyway, when IMC stop sprouting nonsense and actually take action I’ll have hope for this game again (not really lol). But right now it’s like they are trying to revive a dead dog with fancy words.

3 Likes

Exactly like a GM meet up or providing info, just post it on forums and everyone will praise them and have some hope again.

Too bad they used the same presentation plenty of times and users noticed they are just talking while investing on TP stuff.

More than notice itself I’m proud this forum users finally awake ffs, that took too much.

1 Like

Good to see some news about what you are planning to work on. More of that please. Keep up in the loop.

As for the main goals, I’v got some ideas:

One thing to look at is the Crit Attack. It’s a near useless stat, now if it was treated an addition to base damage and all the multipliers applied to it, that would already be a massive improvement.

What I think should happen here is that:

1. Magic and Physical classes should have 3 stats that are worth investing into. Primary, Secondary damage stats and Survivability. For physical classes that would be Str as primary, Dex as secondary and Con as a stat for survivability. For magic users Int as primary, Spr as secondary and Con as a stat for survivability. For some circles Primary and Scondary stats could swap, say Fencer and Priest are sort of examples of that right now. The problem at the moment is for the most part Physical classes needed 3 stats and Magic classes only needed 2 stats.

2. Apply the rank bonus to all the stats not just Str and Int, don’t pigeonhole people into just those stats. This could also help with making you feel a little more powerful each time you go up a Rank, especially if you invested into more than 1 stat.

3. Instead of stat bonus, it might be worth either tweaking how much each Damage stat provides based on rank. For example, each rank your Str, Int, Dex and Spr give a bigger (perhaps even Con) benefit. Str more pattack, Int more mattack, etc. The reason why Str is currently so underused, is because the pattack it provides is still balanced for Rank 7.

My idea would be to deal way with the flat Base damage numbers and instead use either Primary or Secondary stat to calculate that base damage. This also instantly makes the stats more useful, even if their contribution to p/mattack is not considerable. I think this is the best way to handle Base damage on skills. It keeps skills scaling a bit more without affecting the overall skill scaling that much, because we are only scaling he base damage.

At the moment most equipment feels like just armor values. Need more stats on all the items, period.

Perhaps some sort of a Talt vendor where you can exchange Talt for various items and equipment, including blessed shards?

There shouldn’t be a massive spike in difficulty between new Rank areas, Rank 8 maps have no business being as difficult as they are currently. These should be easily soloable without the need to invest heavily into gear! Not everyone had 220 gear and Transcended weapons when Rank 8 came out, it also makes it harder to level alts. There should be more grind oriented maps though, that have no quests aside from daily quests with lost of tough mobs that can only be efficiently defeated in a party.

Great.

While we are here, just get rid of the token altogether. The token benefits should be standard, TP shop is already full of items that players would potentially want to buy.

I’m the type of person that just want to watch the world burn. All it took was a little push and look at what happened. People finally started to open their eyes.

1 Like

That doesn’t even make any sense considering they don’t really update the tp shop THAT much. I mean sure it probably feels that way since we get VERY MINOR additions ever so often but even when you think about the recent hairstyles that were added on ktos months ago.

If they truly were only working on TP additions they would add way more on a regular basis and additions from ktos to itos would be almost instant since adding a costume is probably the easiest thing they can do at this point.

If they have done anything else really is totally another thing itself but they dont really work much on TP additions either.

1 Like