Tree of Savior Forum

KToS General Thread v5.0

How many times Sadhu got reworked ?

3 Likes

3 Likes

Why do Monks even exist in this game …

4 Likes

Master’s Quest
YES!! Such a simple idea, but does wonders to captivate us.
I mean, there must be a reason why the teleportation statues give us the option “to teleport to our class masters”.
No idea of what is in the Achievement list yet, but I love the fact they are thinking about it.

Luchador
Hmmm, a combo oriented class? Interesting…
Yeah, I know, Monk is supposed to be the “original combo class”, but the way they implemented on Luchador feels fun.
But there is a weird thing. They are supposed to be “strike” type class, right? And they have a “hat stance”, just like Murmillo’s Cassis Crista, right? Do they stack? Does one remove the previous one? A new option for the “shield archetype” is a good thing (considering Nak Muay’s quest), but an option that blocks possibilities isn’t as great as an option that enables new ways.
Anyway, feels bad for Monks.

Swordsman’s pack of Changes
I’m not a big fan of the swordsman’s tree (wizard main here), so I can’t say too much about it.
Seems like they are re-balancing the tree due to the high variety of weapons the tree has. Good.
Murmillo has a new Vaivora that creates an Arena. Looks fun.

The Next Rework
Well, as pointed out, that silhouette is a visual update to Sadhu Master, Agota Hanska.
I got hyped for the previous update, and disappointed as soon it hit ITOS.
Considering how they managed Luchador’s kit, I do believe they can do a good job.
(just bring old OOB and update to “modern TOS” gameplay expectations)

2 Likes

Haha I’m just salty that they can implement a bare-handed stance for Luchador and Nak Muay, meanwhile Monk …

Anyways, I’m more interested if the class has weapon restrictions. The normal thought is that strike classes uses the sword and shield, but the Luchador on showcase uses a 2h-Sword (flashback to ancient Nak Muay Doppelsoeldner meta). If Nak Muay has its CD reduction back, l can see Nak Muay and Luchador being a thing, spamming strike skills to use Muay Thai and then using Luchador/Ram Muay during downtime.

Time to wait patiently for a month praying for Cleric changes.

1 Like

Yay, it has people’s favorite mechanic, helmets.

September Update - New Class: Luchador

Hello, this is the Tree of Savior development team. In this post, we will provide you an update on the progress we’ve been making on the new classes and class remakes that we are working on, both in September and beyond.

Master’s Requests

1. Start Master Quest
-Master quests can be started by speaking to a class master NPC that has this ink icon above their head.
-When you start the quest, you can check the related achievements for it, as well as the conditions to obtain them in the [Achievements] tab of character info.

2. Master Quest Progression
(image translation)
[Luchador] The Qualities of a Superstar
Level: 1
Area: Saalus Convent
[Luchador] Costume: Complete all achievements (0/1)
[Luchador] Costume: Complete achievement 1 (0/1)
[Luchador] Costume: Complete achievement 2 (0/1)
[Luchador] Costume: Complete achievement 3 (0/1)
[Luchador] Costume: Complete achievement 4 (0/1)
[Luchador] Costume: Complete achievement 5 (0/1)

-Master quests achievement progress is shared between all characters once any character on the team starts the quest. (You can only get the quest on one character.)
-Quests are divided into separate achievements that provide class unlock coupons and class costumes. Each achievement completion is tracked as a quest goal.

3. Complete the Master Quest
(image translation)
[Luchador] The Qualities of a Superstar
Conditions: Unlocked once all Luchador achievements have been completed
Reward: Title [Luchador] Superstar

-When you complete each achievement, you will obtain class unlock coupons and costumes through achievement rewards.
-If you complete all the master quest achievements of a specific class and thus complete the quest, you will obtain a final title reward from the class master NPC.

September’s New Class - Luchador

5197176582988365841 (1)4620715865044680719 (1)
In the midst of the chaos of a battlefield, Luchadors stand out with their skills. Luchadors boast a wide variety of body movements and a spectacular performance, and are cheered on and admired by allies. If you are deceived by their display of showmanship, your world will be turned upside down within the blink of an eye.

Luchadors seek out a fight that is not bound by any formalities. Their fighting style involves striking and grabbing enemies directly with their bare hands.

Luchador is a Swordsman class that approaches the enemy and attacks them with various [Strike] skills.

Several of their skills have crowd control effects that hinder their enemies, and certain skills can stun and knockdown some enemies despite them being immune through attributes they have.

In addition, if you use a certain skill against a stunned or knocked down enemy, a special skill will be activated that has very useful synergy. If you keep the [Combination] buff stacked through using the special [C Key] action and the [Chop] skill, some Luchador skills become more powerful. This is especially true for [Martinete], which cannot be used normally, but when the [Combination] buff is at max stacks, it can be automatically activated through input of specific commands and inflicts very high damage to enemies.

Skills / Attributes / Arts / Vaivora

(Enhancement attributes / arts are omitted. Contents may differ when applied to the live server.)

Enmascarado

Put on your mask and enter the Lucha Libre stance for free fighting.
Your damage with Luchador skills increases, however, if an enemy hits you with their own Luchador skills, you have a chance of being stunned.

Rodando

If you use [Lucha de Silla] during the [Enmascarado] buff, you can use [Special Skill: Rodando].

[Special Skill: Rodando] can then be used through the C key (sub weapon attack hotkey) causing you to roll toward the enemy, dealing damage and granting you 1 stack of the [Combination] buff. The skill factor of [Rodando] is based on the skill factor of [Luca de Silla].

Buceando

If you use [Chocar] during the [Enmascarado] buff or knockdown an enemy, you can use [Special Skill: Bucaendo].

[Special Skill: Bucaendo] can then be used through the C key (sub weapon attack hotkey). It causes you to jump high into the enemy with your elbow, providing 1 stack of the [Combination] buff and dealing damage.

The skill factor of [Bucaendo] is based on the skill factor of [Chocar].

Enmascarado: Speed Run

While the [Enmascarado] buff is active, your normal movement speed is increased to be the same as your dash movement speed. However, your stamina is reduced while moving normally, but the consumption is lower than that of dashing.

※ You can still dash with this active, however the movement speed and stamina consumption is no different than moving normally.

Chop

Swing your hand towards the enemy and strike them with a strong blow.

Each time the skill’s individual overheats are used, Chop’s final damage increases, and the [Combination] buff gains 1 stack.

Lucha de Silla

Hold an object with both of your hands, and strike the enemy with a strong stunning attack.

With [Combination] active, some of the enemy’s defense is ignored based on how many stacks you have.

Lucha de Silla: Super Stun

Lucha de Silla’s stun is now guaranteed and no longer is a chance. Also, it can now stun players that are immune to stun.

Chocar

Charge forward with a surprise attack, damaging and knocking down enemies.

With [Combination] active, some of the enemy’s defense is ignored based on how many stacks you have.

Chocar: Super Knockdown

Chocar’s knockdown is now guaranteed and no longer is a chance. Also, it can now knockdown players that are immune to knockdown.

Golpear

Continuously punch forward, dealing damage to enemies nearby.

Golpear: Huracán

Changes Golpear to a skill that causes you to rotate, drawing in nearby enemies and damaging them (replaces the original effects). (Stationary monsters and boss monsters cannot be drawn in)

The number of targets is changed to 10, and the maximum amount of channel time and hits are the same as before.

Ceremonia

Strike a pose, embarrassing nearby enemies and inflicting debuffs on them.

Male characters will inflict the [Taunt] debuff on enemies, while female characters will inflict [Temptation].

Ceremonia: Victoria

The Ceremonia skill is changed to a skill that causes you to become invulnerable for 3 seconds (replaces the original effects).
(Ceremonia: Victoria is used)

Martinete

Grab the enemy and jump high, slamming them directly into the floor, dealing damage to nearby enemies.

With the exception of certain monsters, this skill grabs hold of the target and stuns them. Monsters that cannot be grabbed will not be grabbed, but the same damage and hit range occurs, and the target will become [Groggy] and cannot move.

(The enemy will gain temporary immunity to [Groggy] after receiving it.)

※ This skill cannot be used normally, and can only be used after obtaining 5 stacks of the [Combination] buff and entering a specific set of commands. If there are no enemies still nearby after entering the command, the skill will fail.

(Martinete is cast after successfully entering the commands and having 5 stacks of Combination)

Vaivora Vision: Doble Ataque

-When hitting an enemy with Lucha de Silla, the Luchador Master will appear and use [Especial].
-[Especial]: The Luchador Master rushes toward the enemy, swinging his arm to deal damage several times when he arrives, and then jumps into the air to deal damage in an area.

[Level 4 Effect]
-Increases the final damage dealt by Golpear.

※ Item stats will be revealed at a later time.

(The Doble Ataque effect causes a team up attack between the Luchador Master and the player)

14 Likes

Is this for all classes now? I wanna see the costumes then lol.

I had no expectations for Luchador, so I am pleasantly surprised at how it seems like a really fun class. I just hope Imc doesn’t forget to make it work with controller mode lol.

As for the master quests, they seem a lot more interesting than the current minigames some classes have. Though of course, we don’t really know what these quests require just yet. Now here’s hoping most - if not all - classes eventually get them as time goes on. Would be really nice to get the costumes some class masters use…

It’s another barehand job from swordsman’s class, like Nakmuay (MuayThai, martial artist job)

Male Luchador animation is literally Cena’s “you can’t see me” ROFL…

wow, i’m so hyped with this new swordman class, any news
?

No more slow when using dragoon’s helmet?? for real??

And epee garde keeps having that stupid pierce damage restriction that totally prevents rapier class from working with anything else (while still lacking a third rapier class to begin with, or even just something with enough pierce damage skills that can be used with a rapier).
And that’s despite being nerfed to the same values of sharp spear…that has no damage restriction instead. But yeah, keep at it…

I’m hoping this is bad translations but everything I see suggests shield attack effectively went from 15% to 12% (and that’s if you wear 2 shields and forsake your defence) and we lost the 30% additive conversions on things like Butterfly/Langort/Shooting Star.

Did strike shield builds get worse in this patch somehow?

1 Like

Conversion ratio is still the same. Damage-wise (with extreme shield strike on, losing alot of defenses), Rod/Murm are slightly stronger with their vaivoras, and slightly weaker without. Pelta alone is weaker in all cases, even with its vaivora. Nak in this build is the same in terms of damage (must use shield + dagger with extreme shield strike on, which is the same as shield + shield), but still forces you to use his vaivora, so one would have to choose between Rod and Murm vaivoras. I still think all builds are stronger in the end, but only slightly.

15B Solcomm and 31B Tini I’ve had better results on Pelt than Rode with Murm+Nak.
Shooting Star takes far too much setup to minmax. It feels clunky and the low SFR is killed by lack of final damage.

Someone did point out that the attribute may have 5 levels like most of them do which would put it to 15% shield attack or 30% with extreme attribute. I think that’s a decent change.

I think Rode will be about the same post patch with its +100% final; the lines on the vaivora are still bad (weaker even than Pelt) and the loss of a 35% shield attack from VV and 30% from violence in favor of 100% final still sounds… mediocre. Rodelero is lacking multi hits and utility in its kit that a moderate change to shield shoving doesn’t solve.

1 Like

Montano is shield skill now, so it benefits from shield attack attributes (+shield def into attack) and Vakarine set (-20% CD and the damage increases, both the permanent one and the increased one upon blocking), so this is a great boost. Shield Push also changed to 5 levels only instead of 15 and reduced to 1 overheat with SFR compensations, while the damage increase debuff is increased from +15% to +25% but only works on strike skills now, so this is a great utility change IMO. Those two changes help him significantly. Shooting star conversion is down from 85% (arts + vaivora) to 20%, but it now has 100% final damage from vaivora, so I think it should be around the same spot. Rodelero is definitely the star of those changes. Murmillo is only better if you have the vaivora. Pelta should be slightly weaker damage-wise. Hoplite’s final damage effect still not restricted to pierce-type damage, right? If yes, than Hoplite should be better than Pelta, like rod-murm-hop with spear + shield and spear + dagger

Something I would like to point out is that murmillo’s vaivora lv4 effect has a 30s CD. I suppose that this CD is probably not affected by vakarine set CD reduction or CD reduction effects. Maybe even the damage dealt by the butterflies from this effect is not affected by vakarine set. Only future tests will answer those questions.