Tree of Savior Forum

KToS General Thread v4.0

(Lv) 380 primus crossbow.
:thinking:

There is a name, like Pevordimas, Raffye, etc…

프리머스 즈바이더 크로스 보우
Primus Zweider Crossbow.

I think

This will do for now. Thanks!

new results of dev team appeal event from imc.
(dev team has commented and are working on the following things):

1. working on improvements to rank reset system + more plans to give out rank resets
  2. working on a system of team shared attribute points
  3. working on more stable servers
  4. token system rework where they are working on a separate measure to acquire current token benefits separately from tokens + working on relaxing or abolishing the limit on the number of transactions allowed when using tokens
  5. In the process of updating game info + class info into official site
  6. cannoneer rework coming soon in this year
  7. Improving the methods of achievement rate on instance dungeons, this suggestion came along with the suggestion to display the map location in the inside, simply showing where the remaining monsters are seemed to not be enough, we will reflect and address these concerns in september.
16 Likes

1. Rank Resets
Tree of Savior was originally built as a game where you make a team with various classes. All are unique characters and you grow those characters as a team as much as possible.

However, due to the game getting larger, more ranks being added, the increased cost of growing/gearing a character, so many quests that have to be repeated for every character, and constant changes in balance, there is a strong need for resets.

If rank resets were free, there wouldn’t be much reason to level up many characters in your team. IMC is very cautious about releasing rank resets because if there are too many, they become overused and players develop a high dependency on them, which is far from what was intended with the game or the resets.

IMC is working on the system to solve the underlying problems that makes these so needed. This is one of the key updates planned for the second half of 2018.

For the time being, IMC plans to release more rank resets.

2. Share Attribute Points Across Your Team
IMC views attribute points as character specific. They are unique investments to that character and designed to be independent, per character, unlike items.

The development team believes that if they become fully shared, once attribute points reach a certain amount for a given team, you will no longer need to invest into them for any character.

IMC believes they can create a system where attribute points are shared and can be invested across the team, and if that character is deleted, they can be returned to your team. A system can also be made to transfer attribute points across to other characters in your team.

3. Please invest in the QA team
IMC apologizes and is aware of the inconvenience of playing the game due to both small and large bugs.

Tree of Savior has been gaining stability over time since launch. Many bugs have been solved, and the server has gotten more stable. However, they recognize it is not satisfactory yet.

(charts showing bugs going down over time is shown)

Because many players feel that this is still a major issue, IMC plans to work to provide a more stable service.

4. Remove Token
Tokens provide many conveniences, but one of the main reasons they exist is to combat illegal distribution of silver (RMT).

IMC plans to:

1. Relax or abolish the number of trades allowed when using tokens
  2. Provide ways to obtain attributes other than having a token

They will put some plans into play to temporarily address the above issues until these changes are developed. They also plan to try to provide new users with a token.

5. Provide game information in a database on the official website
IMC apologizes for being unable to provide this information. They understand the value that this information would have on their official website. They are already working on updating the class/skill/attribute information on their website, and adding/updating other game information.

IMC is aware of various communities and users that have voluntarily organized ToS information, and is grateful to them for their efforts and commitment. Officially supporting these communities is difficult as it starts to require a contract/legal issues, but IMC is looking to do what they can to provide the information in a more accessible form.

6. Buff Cannoneer
The development team is aware that Cannoneer’s skills are not comfortable and the concept is not working. There have been several changes to attempt to improve it, but it has not produced good results, and users who play Cannoneer are not satisfied.

Therefore, Cannoneer is planned to be revamped in the second half of 2018. It is difficult to improve the current skills and concept as is, so they are looking to improve it in various different ways, and will have major changes for it this year.

IMC will review user comments carefully and asks for your support in this.

7. Make it easier to get 100% dungeon clear
IMC made changes to show the remaining monster positions as you reached 100% dungeon clear, but it seems this was not enough.

In September they will review the system and try to make changes to satisfy users.

15 Likes

Dungeons are already piss easy. We’re gonna reach a point like in Pokémon where you cant enter a gym without a type that is super effective against the gym type.

Might as well have all monsters and bosses explode upon entering a dungeon.

5 Likes

What about squire base camp… :sad:

3 Likes

Already there :prince:

6 Likes

I truely hope they tap the community regarding this. The latest set of skills for r10 clearly shows IMC struggling to com up with ideas. @Hillgarm, just poking you since you are the only other toster I think is still interested enough to critique and suggest changes.

1 Like

That’s the problem; they never really talked about bugs. I don’t like crevox’s wording in that category. It was just talking about number of server crashes and extra maintanence needed. But in terms of bugs and lags in CM / uphill and Ch 1 of various maps (including empty maps), it was not even addressed. Maybe the lag doesn’t happen often in kTOS, but still the number of unfixed and new bugs are quite disgustingly disappointing. And in the recent months, I feel that the number of major bugs really increased (probably they were busy with rank 10 development).

And when it comes to bugs, they take an extremely long time to fix for many of them, while still remaining the most non-transparent possible. In other games, bugs like equipment benefit not working, skill duration is wrong, card effect not working, quest UI bug etc will only take 1-2 weeks at most to be fixed. But in TOS it takes several months, some still completely unknown if they will be fixed. They are so quiet and opaque about it such that it’s possible to debate whether the healing issue in ET is a feature or a bug! /facepalm
And what I’ve just mentioned is certainly just the tip of the the tip of the iceberg.

For me, QA remains the most disappointing aspect of TOS out of everything else.

1 Like

Looking forward to all the improvements!! I am quite happy to see IMC is stepping up… I mean look, new games left and right nowadays… So really happy to see continuous plans on improvements for this game

I hope soon though

3 Likes

I just wish they would post the actual plans here before implementing instead of implementing then having to redo everything because the player base in general didn’t like it.

2 Likes

2.5 years and issue with server and game not resolved, like crash channel on wb and fps problem with participation too many players on screen and another and too many small bugs
:tired:

1 Like

Cannon is saved /20chars

Scout, Hunter, Sapper and More paid dust.

1 Like

i need alchemist rework, screw cannoner

4 Likes

The community said that cannoneer is bad? Which game are they playing?

Certainly Cannoneer could like some changes, but Hunter (or rather pet UI/mechanics), Scout, Sadhu and Oracle are in more needs than Cannoneer. Oh, and alchemist too could have some love. And what about Quarrel Shooter C1 having only 3 skills? OCD triggered haha

Nothing about the enhancement system too… I guess kTOS players like it (or can live with it).

Can the iTOS players be heard on these concerns? Do they say something about asking us about those things too? Last time was about life content stuff.

9 Likes

Cannon is a poor class at the end of the class tree (although oracle can prob fits this too) which already makes it need that rework that extra bit. I don’t disagree that these other classes are in dire need of a rework, and from their wording i hope its a rework of several classes together with cannoneer.

1 Like

I was surprised too… I didn’t see that much crying about Cannoneer. I can imagine that maybe it is not that good/slow I guess… but I still felt like it came out of nowhere… XD