Tree of Savior Forum

KToS General Thread v3.0 LOL

that’s good that they nerfed devaluation lol i dnt see why any1 would get sad bout it. Devaluation also brought some “disparity” to the enemies of an appraiser with high equipment investment. @Ivion

It specifically mentions against “character” targets, the same of that of the hunter’s [Coursing] ability. So i would assume so. :slight_smile:

Wait hold up…

So we can add potentials to our “dead” 2 practo weapons now?!

Omggg

old golden socket: allow you to open gem socket on 0-pot gear without losing it. It does not increase potential of the gear.

1 Like

It’s not mentioned if it works on 0 potential items too, it just doesn’t consume potential when opening a socket, but it doesn’t mean it’s usable on 0 potential gears.
Take for example Awakening Stones, they work in the same way as they don’t consume potential when you Awake an item, but you still can’t use them on 0 potential gears, you need them to have atleast 1 potential… I’m afraid it may be the same for the Golden Sockets… :frowning:
We will see!

https://tos-ktest.neet.tv/items/643018

and here is from Bing Translator

2 Likes

My bad then, I somehow understood you could use them to open sockets whitout losing potential, instead they’re like Golden Anvils and you can only use them on 0 potential items, according to your translation… too bad :frowning:

Devaluation makes a geared Archer extremely strong. You have to consider that the matchups are not just

GEARED 3 classes vs LOW GEAR Appraiser

A GEARED Appraiser can totally cripple on an enemy team with the usual Cloak rush to devaluate while the enemies are on their side. And then take them out without too much effort.

But overall, the whole PvP mechanics are useless and just reducing % damage is not gonna change anything. Low gear players just have no chance at all.

1 Like

hybrid… even using solmiki set full (69con bonus)
str/con (obviously most str than con)

yeah but its not 100% chance to apply and also have target limit, you can easilly workaround it, even prevent it or counter it.

2 mins duration was op, but 20 secs is way too much.

Hi guys this maybe out of topic. I was able to procure a ktos account with the help of my Korean friend. Question is do I need a korean vpn to play? I’m in SEA btw.

depend. When you try to login and get a notification and cannot login, it means you have to use VPN. Nexon KR blocks some kinds of IP from loging in.

1 Like

Thank you Krystal. I am able to login w/o VPN at my current location :grinning:

1 Like

But still, we can now purposely “forget” socketing to save the potential while enhancing. Then when it is zero pot, use this new item. One way or another, it somehow does seem to be a “bonus potential” afterall, yeah…?

but the cost is high

10 blessed gem=100 blessed shard for 1 slot
meanwhile the cost to transcend stage 5 orange 350 weapon is 59 blessed gem

which give better result than opening 5 empty slots

True…

But this somehow gives hope to many 0 pot 2 practo weapons especiaply the highly enhanced ones that could be resold now when people might wanna change to 350 gear… and shards are easier to farm now than pre saalus patch…

Insert It’s something meme here

isnt this way cheaper?

1. open all socket
  2. refine til 0 pot
  3. continue using all your golden anvil
  4. accept your fate and start transcending
3 Likes

This is an enchantment system dedicated to whales who would start enchanting with diamond anvils starting from +6 to go knows +??. Socketing without potential lost means you have more tries to enchant it with diamond anvil.

:whale:

Unless something changed, you shouldn’t be able to trade or market 0 potential items, so nothing gained on that part, also, since this item didn’t exist before, right now it’s rare to see people going around with 0 potential items and 0 sockets: still, I happened to see quite a few, new players who didn’t know opening sockets required potential, so this may come in handy for them. :slight_smile:
In the end, this changes a little the upgrade process in the way you described, you could “forget” sockets till the last moment, unless you want to trade or market your weapon in the future. :slight_smile:

@myself With time, if you focus your resources on 1-2 char you will eventually hit that 9-10 Trascendence on your Weapons, and with the (about) 90% shards back when you destroy it, you will find yourself not needing shards that badly anymore, so I can see this becoming sorta the new upgrading process for people who already have capped/high level trascendence, to have more potential at hand for high level upgrades… we are probably gonna see even more high upgraded weapons in the future… :frowning: (they really should set a max upgrade cap)

@eralp96 I agree on that, but this comes in handy for “non-whales” players too, sadly the new Dungeon350 weapons have really low potential (something like 11?) and with weapons having 3-5 sockets, it really leaves little room for upgrades… :confused:

i am a nontoken very casual player, actively farmed saalus since shard first introduced, atm total only having around 1500 (already included the one i used for transcendence), which is far from stage 9-10