Tree of Savior Forum

KRtos (class, content) vids & discussion : first post = retiari & onmyouji vids (CLOSED TOPIC BY REQUEST)

Yea that passive is so good but it needs class 2 which makes it lame.

My original was correct. You take +20% damage from enemies.

Someone in cleric general told me it changed so I had changed the description to a wrong one. Now it is correct again. Hopefully you aren’t too confused.

who can explain coding for me here in lightning hands

if [Character ClassName] == 'PC’
atkType = [Skill AttackType]
attribute = [Skill Attribute]
atkTypebyItem = GetSumOfItemStats(atkType)
attributebyItem = GetSumOfItemStats(attribute)
sklFactor = 393 + ([Skill Level] - 1) × 27.5 + atkTypebyItem + attributebyItem
return RoundDown(sklFactor)
else
sklFactor = 393 + ([Skill Level] - 1) × 27.5
return RoundDown(sklFactor)
end

this is from https://tos-ktest.neet.tv/skills/21510

if i understand this correctly it’s just skill level that affects it no normal stats? the part where the text says get sum of item stats… does it get dmg from maybe main weapon? pls clarify thanks…

If character using the skill is a player character (mobs can use skills too),

Add the skill’s type (lightning) to variable atkType
Add the skill’s attribute type to variable attribute

Get the sum of all your item stats that have atkType (lightning) type (basically all items that give +lightning damage).

Do the same, but for skill’s attribute.

Skill factor is that formula, where atkTypebyItem is the sum of all your equips that give lightning damage and attributebyItem is the same sum but applied to skill’s attribute.

Skill factor is rounded down.

If character casting the skill is not a player character, “ignore equipped items” and apply formula without them.

1 Like

Holy moly. If I got this right, your lightning property attack is added to your Skill Factor? In other words, if the skill base skill factor is, for example, 400% and I have 100 lightning property attack (from equipments), the skill factor is increased to 500%?

1 Like

Looks like it, but I can’t say for sure because we don’t have access to “GetSumOfItemStats()” function. The function could be dividing the total sum by a constant (like 5 or 10) to have a more “balanced” effect.

It does sound a bit doubtful that the sum is being changed though, given the function’s name.

I agree with you that getting +500% skill factor from +500 lightning damage with gear sounds a bit too good to be true.

1 Like

Hmm, this needs to be tested. See if hats with lightning property attack increase lightning hands skill factor or if it’s just a flat value added to your final damage.

1 Like

Final damage is not calculated there tho, only the skill factor. It seems very likely that +lightning damage equips are affecting the skill factor, but just not 100% clear exactly how it affects it (is it 1:1 scale? linear? logarithmic? etc).

If I were to guess, I would say it’s a pretty simple 1:1 scale, meaning +1 lightning damage = +1% skill factor. The reasoning for that is because “GetSumOfItemStats()” is a pretty generic name, probably used by different pieces of code that do different stuff unrelated to Lightning Hands. If the function’s name was something like “GetSumOfItemStatsForLightningHands()” for example, or if it received other parameters than just the attack type, I would assume there was a hidden formula behind it as well (i.e. divide final sum by constant).

Just a guess, tho.

2 Likes

so in general lightning hands will gain dmg from skill factor and elemental bonus from items or from buff with enchant?

so if i need to stat my character minimum for con, more on spr? or minimum on spi? and get 200 dex?
with a chrono base quicken lvl 15. no need for int if im reading this right… just buffs and a weapon with elem dmg… :smiley:

I don’t think lightning hands gain skill factor from enchant lightning, but the final damage is improved by enchant lightning as with all +elemental atk.

200 DEX is a good value, more than that requires very low ping. INT or SPR depends what you get for class ranks before enchanter 2. CON is up for personal taste.

1 Like

noted then hehehehe… so i really need to put dex then…restat

Wow, It’s percentile additional dmg?
In that case the remaining attribute is length proportional to skill level.

Sorry, I need to be careful with my wording. I said +1 lightning damage = +1% skill factor, but the % is refering to skill factor’s inherent percentage of your attack.

Lv 5 Lightning Hands + 200 Lightning attack gear should be 503 + 200 = 703% skill factor and not 503 + 200% = 503 * 3 = 1509% skill factor.

I don’t quite understand what you mean.

Are you sure that’s right?
Is it only for Lightning Hands?

Because I have hats with Ice property attack and they don’t chance the % of my Ice-based skills, seems flat damage added on final damage.

Lightning Hands, in special, seems to take into consideration lightning attack gear for it’s skill factor formula.

Other skills don’t have such addition of elemental damage to their skill factor formulas.

Regardless of the skill factor formula, elemental damage is always added as a flat damage added on final damage. Skill factor and Final damage are different things.

That would be extremely OP, as you can easily get over 1000 lightning elemental attack even without Enchant Lightning. Was this tested?

How?
/twentycharacters

No, just a hunch from reading the skill description :satisfaction:

I may have forced on “easily”, but you can get around 930 with:

Around 300 lightning attack from hats
Same hats with around 300 lightning resistance + Kite Moor kit
New 350 staff adds +337 lightning attack

The staff and lightning attack from hat would be easier, for a total of 600+ lightning attack without Enchant Lightning. That would be 1100% on LH.

I have 3 hats with lightning attack and will test on Tuesday if damage will actually increase a lot or if it’s flat damage (I believe it’s the latter). I don’t think the code has been interpreted right and it’s just flat damage like every other elemental attack…

Does anyone uses the combo:

xxx (new item) necklace + 2 elements dance + resist elements?

the necklace gives extra elemental damage for all your elemental resistances; (combined??)